2018 NFL Draft

WFE12

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The Steelers trade Martavis Bryant to the Raiders. The Raiders have some nice WRs now. Jordy, Bryant, and Cooper...

Wait....What?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

With the 24th pick, our Carolina Panthers select DJ Moore, WR, Maryland

Boom!!

I wanted them to go for cb or s. I and I bet they were too, hoping for Jaire Alexander to still be there. I liked what the talking heads said about him especially that he runs like a rb. Curtis needs to get on it man. Cam needs his weapons in tip top shape. They gotta go for secondary in the next round.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yep I figured. He is physical and not soft like some of our other speed guys. Great route runner as well

I'll take y'alls word for it. Hopefully he is all that. Funchess is solid but he's no no.1 wr.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Packers trade 14th pick to the Saints, and the Saints are now on the clock.  

Packers get 27th pick, a fifth round pick, and another late pick in next year’s draft. 

they got a first round pick for next year to. Very impressive haul.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I have no ill will toward Evans, I just wish he didn’t make Auburn look stupid like he did.

How classy of you. I for one do not take the high road like that. I absolutely detest him and alan. Alan and Kirby mapped that out to make us look as stupid as possible. He has been waiting for years to get his revenge on AU. Good riddance. Hope they now never set foot in lee county again.

And to think Roquan Smith committed to UCLA on live tv on natty signing day all those years ago. I would of liked him a lot more if he did not kouandjio it and stuck with his verbal to UCLA.

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Wait....What?

Martavis Bryant‘s tenure in Pittsburgh has come to an end. The Steelers announced that they have traded the wideout to the Raiders for a third-round pick (No. 79).

The 2014 fourth-round pick had spent his entire four-year career with the organization. His tenure was tumultuous, as he missed the entire 2016 season for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. The 26-year-old has shown flashes of brilliance during his brief career, including a rookie campaign where he caught eight touchdowns. He had another solid season in 2017, catching 50 passes for 603 yards and three touchdowns.

Unfortunately for Bryant, a trade doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll see a bigger role. Rather, the wideout will slot in behind Amari Cooper and Jordy Nelson on the Raiders’ depth chart, and he’ll compete with SethRoberts to be the team’s third wideout.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

they got a first round pick for next year to. Very impressive haul.

Fixed 

Useful. The number 12 pick was the badass DT from Washington that will be teaming up with Gerald McCoy. 

I think the Raiders and Patriots had a good first day. I’m somewhat confused by the Cowboys pick. I thought with them cutting Dez, it’d for sure be a receiver. 

6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I think the Raiders and Patriots had a good first day. I’m somewhat confused by the Cowboys pick. I thought with them cutting Dez, it’d for sure be a receiver. 

Me too. I guess they are over correcting for their Jaylon Smith draft blunder. Who knows. 

SEC!! SEC!! SEC!!

2018 Top 25 ranked recruiting classes: 

SEC: 8 
ACC: 5 
B1G: 4 
Pac: 4 
XII: 3 
Other: 1 (Notre Dame) 

2018 1st Round Draft Picks: 

SEC: 10 
Other: 7 
ACC: 6 
B1G: 4 
Pac: 4 
XII: 1

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(from Buffalo)

Vita Vea, DT, Washington

Why they did it: The Bucs had just 22 sacks last season, dead last in the NFL. Vea is a total monster at 6-foot-4 and 347 pounds; he can easily take on double-teams and plow his way into the backfield. Pair him with six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and suddenly a Bucs defense that allowed a league-high 6 yards per play and 378 yards per game last season -- both the most in the league -- has become a lot better.

Biggest question: This was not a need pick but a best available pick, because the Bucs invested heavily already this offseason by signing defensive tackles Beau Allen and Mitch Unrein, and they traded for defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul. Vea had 9.5 sacks in three seasons. The real question now is when will the Bucs address a secondary that surrendered 256 yards per game over the past two years, especially when they had their shot at Florida State safety Derwin James, who has drawn comparisons to Eric Berry and Sean Taylor. -- Jenna Laine

no.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

14. New Orleans Saints (from Packers)

Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas-San Antonio

Why they did it: An edge rusher was a no-brainer for the Saints, especially a big one like the 6-foot-6, 264-pound Davenport, who can be a true 4-3 defensive end. I’ve had edge rusher ranked as New Orleans’ No. 1 need for the past two years, and it’s the kind of impact position that can push a contender over the top.

Biggest question: The price tag is obviously the question mark -- the Saints dropped one of the biggest bombshells on this year’s draft by trading two first-rounders and a fifth-rounder to move up from No. 27 to No. 14. Also, Davenport is considered a bit of a raw developmental prospect coming from the University of Texas-San Antonio, though he was projected to go around this spot in the draft. -- Mike Triplett

22. Tennessee Titans

Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama

Why they did it: Evans is potential three-down linebacker who fills one of Tennessee’s biggest needs at inside linebacker. He looks like the modern NFL linebacker with the versatility to cover, stuff the run and blitz. He should be a Day 1 starter and a tone-setter on the Titans’ defense.

Biggest question: At 6-foot-3 and 234 pounds, Evans is on the smaller side, and he has a little bit of a durability concern. He didn’t run a 40-yard dash pre-draft, so there was a question about his speed. He also played on an Alabama defense with a ton of talent in front of him, so that helped him make a few more plays. -- Cameron Wolfe

car.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

24. Carolina Panthers

D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

Why they did it: The Panthers needed a playmaker with speed (a 4.43 40) who can create separation. They got one in Moore, who reminds a lot of former Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith in terms of his attitude and physical style. He’s built more like a linebacker at 6 feet and 210 pounds, and he plays like one too.

Biggest question: Analysts say he needs work on his routes, but otherwise, he’s the complete package. The Panthers thought enough of him to bypass Alabama’s Calvin Ridley, considered by many the top receiver in the draft and an excellent route runner. Speed might have been the difference. Ridley is more of a possession receiver, and the Panthers have one in Devin Funchess. -- David Newton

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

26. Atlanta Falcons

Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Why they did it: The Falcons needed a complement to Julio Jones, another former Alabama receiver. The 6-foot-1, 189-pound Ridley is a playmaker with good speed. When defenses focus their attention on Jones, Ridley could be the guy on the opposite side who makes plays with Mohamed Sanu strong-arming folks in the slot. Atlanta, which led the league in scoring at 33.8 points per game two seasons ago, suffered a significant drop-off last season. Ridley can help that offense get back on track. The Falcons also needed another target, what with speedy Taylor Gabriel going to Chicago in free agency.

Biggest question: Ridley reportedly had 20 drops over three seasons, and the Falcons struggled with drops a year ago, so they hope that doesn't become an issue. Some folks have questioned Ridley's toughness. One AFC executive told ESPN, “Similar style to Amari Cooper but not as strong or explosive. Solid first-rounder." -- Vaughn McClure

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Me too. I guess they are over correcting for their Jaylon Smith draft blunder. Who knows. 

Indeed. Jerry Jones is sadly starting to remind me of Al Davis. He seems like he thinks he’s the smartest guy in every room because of the mid and late 90’s. 

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

He's not gonna like that...For a 3rd round pick. It was hay time they got rid of him though.

From SEC Country:

Since the NFL draft went to a 7-round format in 1994, Auburn football has had no more than five players selected in a single year. (Auburn had six players selected in the first seven rounds of previous, bigger drafts on two occasions.) The 2018 NFL Draft could be historic for the Tigers.

Auburn is widely expected to have at least three players — running back Kerryon Johnson, cornerback Carlton Davis and guard Braden Smith — go on Day 2 of the NFL draft, and some experts aren’t ruling out a surprise move into the first round for one of them. Edge rusher Jeff Holland could join on Day 2.

INFO: Date, time, TV schedule, draft order for first round of 2018 NFL Draft

Then, on Saturday, Auburn could see a few more players off the board, including kicker Daniel Carlson, defensive backs Tray Matthews and Stephen Roberts, linebacker Tre’ Williams and running back Kamryn Pettway.

The stage is set in Arlington, Texas, for Auburn to produce its biggest draft class in the modern era. SEC Country will track all the Auburn action at the draft this week on this page, so bookmark it for updates.

SECOND- AND THIRD-ROUND MOCK UPDATES (April 27): With a few big-name players — including LSU running back Derrius Guice — falling out of the first round, Auburn’s projections have to be adjusted somewhat. Here is where the mock drafts have the Tigers on Friday morning:

• CB Carlton Davis
    • NFL.com: 2nd round, No. 41 overall to Oakland Raiders
    • SB Nation: 2nd round, No. 47 overall to Arizona Cardinals
    • CBS Sports: 2nd round, No. 53 overall to Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • USA Today: 2nd round, No. 55 overall to Carolina Panthers
    • Sports Illustrated: 2nd round, No. 57 overall to Tennessee Titans
    • SEC Country: 3rd round, No. 70 overall to San Francisco 49ers
  • OG Braden Smith
    • CBS Sports: 2nd round, No. 58 overall to Atlanta Falcons
    • SEC Country: 2nd round, No. 58 overall to Atlanta Falcons
    • USA Today: 2nd round, No. 59 overall to San Francisco 49ers
    • NFL.com: 2nd round, No. 60 overall to Pittsburgh Steelers
  • RB Kerryon Johnson
    • SB Nation: 2nd round, No. 51 overall to Detroit Lions
    • SEC Country: 2nd round, No. 59 overall to San Francisco 49ers
    • NFL.com: 3rd round, No. 71 overall to Denver Broncos
    • CBS Sports: 3rd round, No. 79 overall to Arizona Cardinals
  • OLB Jeff Holland
    • SEC Country: 3rd round, No. 90 overall to Atlanta Falcons
    • CBS Sports: 3rd round, No. 93 overall to Jacksonville Jaguars

WHAT THEY’RE SAYING ABOUT AUBURN (April 25): Here’s a look back at what several top NFL draft experts are saying about the Tigers in this class over the last few weeks.

ONE FINAL MOCK DRAFT LOOK (April 25): Here is where Auburn football’s top players are projected in the NFL Draft, with a little more than 24 hours before the Cleveland Browns are officially on the clock at No. 1 overall.

• CB Carlton Davis
    • CBS Sports: 2nd round, No. 35 overall to Seattle Seahawks
    • Land of 10: 2nd round, No. 41 overall to Oakland Raiders
    • Draft Site: 2nd round, No. 44 overall to Washington
    • DraftTek: 2nd round, No. 45 overall to Green Bay Packers
    • NFL.com: 2nd round, No. 54 overall to Kansas City Chiefs
    • Walter Football: 3rd round, No. 76 overall to Green Bay Packers
  • OG Braden Smith
    • Land of 10: 2nd round, No. 57 overall to Tennessee Titans
    • CBS Sports: 2nd round, No. 58 overall to Atlanta Falcons
    • Draft Site: 2nd round, No. 58 overall to Atlanta Falcons
    • Walter Football: 3rd round, No. 73 overall to Miami Dolphins