2018 NFL Draft

WFE12

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Carolina basically drafted 3 CB’s, 2 linebackers, 1 DT, 1 TE and 1 WR.

Couldve been better if we gave Cam an OL though. I believe we got an UDFA OG coming in but I doubt that cuts it. 

I'm surprised they didn't draft a rb or ol. They are putting faith in CAP to get the job done with CMC.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw how does Danny Etling get drafted but not JT Barrett? This draft was all kinds of confusing.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:27 PM, WFE12 said:

I'm surprised they didn't draft a rb or ol. They are putting faith in CAP to get the job done with CMC.

Figure they will pick up some RBs when teams start making cuts....RB by committee for them and Cam is still the man when they need a couple yards.

And another UFA sad story......guy is a starter at NC State, looks good and goes out early.   Makes it nowhere..... and eventually ends up in the Birmingham area and shot to death at age 25.   Apparently a guy who thought one good year was going to get him drafted......NOT.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-nc-state-dl-carlos-gray-found-shot-death-164020185.html

What some of these guys fail to realize is that even if they sign a UFA contract (such as it is) they have to be better than the drafted players and show a better future because drafted players have guaranteed contracts that have to be paid whether they play or not......whereas for about $5000 signing bonus an NFL team can look a prospect over first hand for a week or two and then cut him loose if he does not impress....and about all they owe him is meal money and a bus ticket home. 

It's a BIG difference between even the last round of the draft ....to being an UFA signee. .   

I swear over his career Cam Newton has been dragging along one of the worst offensive units in the NFL to W/L records way above their talent level to the point where it has been screwing the franchise, and him, in getting high picks to be able to get some OL studs. The guys we really need to protect Cam are off the board by the time we pick. The Panthers have  Why did we pay a gazillion dollars to the weak Khalil brother and not have the foresight to have the cap space available to re-sign Norwell?

This makes the Super Bowl loss hurt even more. Ughhhh gotta capitalize when that opportunity presents itself.

Yes I'm still bitter

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

I swear over his career Cam Newton has been dragging along one of the worst offensive units in the NFL to W/L records way above their talent level to the point where it has been screwing the franchise, and him, in getting high picks to be able to get some OL studs. The guys we really need to protect Cam are off the board by the time we pick. The Panthers have  Why did we pay a gazillion dollars to the weak Khalil brother and not have the foresight to have the cap space available to re-sign Norwell?

This makes the Super Bowl loss hurt even more. Ughhhh gotta capitalize when that opportunity presents itself.

Yes I'm still bitter

I am too and anybody who brings up the dive comment is ignorant. How do they not draft one OL? I see they signed a free agent but that's not gonna cut it. I really hope DJ is what he's made out to be and CAP does his thing because I can't watch my man go through this again. Still salty about the Saints game. Funchess could've caught it. TD's suspension sucks as well. 

20 hours ago, Tiger said:

Why did we pay a gazillion dollars to the weak Khalil brother and not have the foresight to have the cap space available to re-sign Norwell?

I blame this on Gettleman. Glad he’s gone.

17 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I am too and anybody who brings up the dive comment is ignorant. How do they not draft one OL? I see they signed a free agent but that's not gonna cut it. I really hope DJ is what he's made out to be and CAP does his thing because I can't watch my man go through this again. Still salty about the Saints game. Funchess could've caught it. TD's suspension sucks as well. 

It really sucks we are picking so late and aren't in position to grab a cornerstone LT or really any top level OL talent. That year we went 7-8-1 and still won the division really screwed us because we ended up picking so late after a dang 7 win season *facepalm emoji*

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I blame this on Gettleman. Glad he’s gone.

Same here now he can wreck the Giants lol

30 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It really sucks we are picking so late and aren't in position to grab a cornerstone LT or really any top level OL talent. That year we went 7-8-1 and still won the division really screwed us because we ended up picking so late after a dang 7 win season *facepalm emoji*

Same here now he can wreck the Giants lol

Same. Rivera seems to always hold teams that fight hard at the end even when they suck which hurts draft positioning. I used to like Gettleman and tried to shift the blame to Hurney but Gettleman has made just as bad contracts lately.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Same. Rivera seems to always hold teams that fight hard at the end even when they suck which hurts draft positioning. I used to like Gettleman and tried to shift the blame to Hurney but Gettleman has made just as bad contracts lately.

Dude, or what about not this past season but the year before? We were eliminated from the playoffs, Cam was hurt and had to get surgery in the off-season. Why did we continue to play him in meaningless games, hurting our draft position, and also essentially taking Cam's entire off-season and pre-season away from him in the process by having surgery so damn late? Jaw dropping mismanagement IMO.

Archived