Baseball at Florida

AU went down weakly in the top of the first 

India hit a 2 run homer after an Anthony error and Gators up 2-0.

That was it for the inning  and AU at bat in top of 2nd.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mistake pitch by Mize cost him.....otherwise,  looks like he has his stuff and two Ks in the inning and AU coming to bat in a quickly moving game....top of 3rd

UF leading 2-0

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sorry at-bat by Estes. Killed our momentum in that inning. Really expect our seniors to see more pitches than just waving at three pitches with no real intention to hit it very hard

You do have to remember AU hitters  are facing a top-line first rounder as well, so maybe don't treat every at-bat as do or die tonight?  Singer's going to make plenty of talented hitters appear to have "sorry" at-bats.  As will Mize.  This weekend will be an uphill battle of the toughest sort.   Maybe a bit of respite in that UF has switched out their Sunday starter with a freshman.

Anthony down on 3 pitches....no idea where the ball was...

Holland out on first pitch with short fly to right

Singer not working very hard this inning 

Williams at bat.....and singles to right over the 2Bs head...

Just now, AU64 said:

Anthony down on 3 pitches....no idea where the ball was...

Holland out on first pitch with short fly to right

Singer not working very hard this inning 

Williams at bat.....and singles to right over the 2Bs head...

Thanks for the updates.  Don't have ESPNU so just listening to Rod and Andy

Well, that was quick.....9 pitches and AU is back out in the field....

Florida up in bottom of 3rd leading 2-0

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Thanks for the updates.  Don't have ESPNU so just listening to Rod and Andy

Hard to do much better than that.....baseball is meant to be listened to on the radio..... 

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

You do have to remember AU hitters  are facing a top-line first rounder as well, so maybe don't treat every at-bat as do or die tonight?  Singer's going to make plenty of talented hitters appear to have "sorry" at-bats.  As will Mize.  This weekend will be an uphill battle of the toughest sort.   Maybe a bit of respite in that UF has switched out their Sunday starter with a freshman.

Just expect more of a battle from a senior. If you’re gonna swing at 3 pitches, at least take some good cuts. Looked very weak. I’m not saying I’m expecting these guys to get a hit off Singer every at- bat, but I do expect them to go up there with a mindset to compete and attack instead of hope he throws balls.

Mize answers Singer with a quick K on the gator's first batter.....letter high fastball....96 maybe..

Well.....at least Auburn is connecting on a few pitches. Hopefully something will break loose soon. Very very important to not allow any more runs here.... 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just expect more of a battle from a senior. If you’re gonna swing at 3 pitches, at least take some good cuts. Looked very weak. I’m not saying I’m expecting these guys to get a hit off Singer every at- bat, but I do expect them to go up there with a mindset to compete and attack instead of hope he throws balls.

It happens.  Out of the 70 percent failure rate, there's bound to be 1/7 thats ugly.  Jay (and the rest of the bottom of the order) have been a big part of the comeback these past two weekend

Next batter grounds weakly to 2nd and Mize makes the play covering first....nice play...for out 2

Fly ball to Jarvis and gators down quickly too....maybe 8 pitches....both pitchers are really efficient and not missing the strike zone.  Batters better be swinging or they will just be taking a strike.

AU getting it's second look at Singer......he's still on his game......top of 4th

and Julien singles to right center

Runner on first and no outs...

If possible, someone provide Singer's pitch count at the end of the innings (I assume they're showing it on TV).  Need 3+ innings of UF bullpen I believe tonight.

Venter takes one between the shoulder blades and we have 2 runners on and no outs...

Good time for a bunt?  :).. 

And dang....Jarvis does bunt and moves both runners along. 

Estes up with 2 in scoring position....

Singer with 51 pitches at this point...

Estes bounces to short and Julien comes home....but that was out 2....score 2-1 and Ward at the plate...

Singer all of a sudden having some control issues....3-2 count again....Singer up to 60 pitches now.....well pitch 61 was a K for Ward

But Singer on pace to make it to the 7th  perhaps.....unless we get to him sooner...

UF up 2-1  in bottom of 4th 

Nice to get one run.  Shows how much errors against a top team hurt though.  It's an India inning so fingers crossed

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Singer all of a sudden having some control issues....3-2 count again....Singer up to 60 pitches now.....well pitch 61 was a K for Ward

But Singer on pace to make it to the 7th  perhaps.....unless we get to him sooner...

Don't like the idea of 7 innings of first round talent...Hopefully the next two innings put some mileage on that arm

Archived