Baseball at Florida

Coker warming up....would prefer he not come in with runners on....so Mize needs to get this next batter and call it a night..  which he does with a fly to LF for the final out and that is probably it for him tonight. 

9 Ks and one BB if I have the numbers right...well pitched game...not enough hitting support to this point..  

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Estes opens the 7th with a single to left....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

AU went down weakly in the top of the first 

India hit a 2 run homer after an Anthony error and Gators up 2-0.

That was it for the inning  and AU at bat in top of 2nd.

Did the Anthony error occur with 2 outs?

Ward at bat....works to a 2-2 count....

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

Don't think so...the runner scored on the HR but his run was not earned....just the HR... 

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

Occurred with one if i remember correctly

Just now, AU64 said:

Ward at bat....works to a 2-2 count....

Don't think so...the runner scored on the HR but his run was not earned....just the HR... 

FWIW, Rod and Andy are mentioning that it's being discussed to change the error to a hit....anything to make Singer looked even better compared to Mize

Slow roller to short...gets the lead runner and leaves AU with a runner on first...

Anthony waves at a pitch outside of the plate.....just has no idea with Singer tonight... Out 2

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

FWIW, Rod and Andy are mentioning that it's being discussed to change the error to a hit....anything to make Singer looked even better compared to Mize

Can they do that.....rewrite history so to speak?

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Well I kinda hate making after the fact changes...another "hit" could possible have been caught by Anthony....but they can screw with the numbers I guess but you cant fool the eyes of the scouts...

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Can they do that.....rewrite history so to speak?

Yes, it can be changed by the official scorer.

Well that's out 3 with a pop caught by 2B back of the bag.... Singer is well over 100 pitches now so I'm thinking he is done for the night and in position to get the win. 

Mize back out to start the 7th.....thought he might be done but guess BP will see how this inning goes for him...

Just now, AU64 said:

Well I kinda hate making after the fact changes...another "hit" could possible have been caught by Anthony....but they can screw with the numbers I guess but you cant fool the eyes of the scouts...

I was just thinking that.....let them change it if they want to be that petty. The scouts are good at what they do .

First batter goes down on strikes.

Then a fly ball to RF for out number 2 and Mize making quick work of gators in the 7th 

Ground ball to Holland who throws it into the dirt at first and Venter saves him an error....out 3 and AU has two more turns to get a couple runs...

3-1 UF leading in top of the 8th

Barring a scoring change, Casey finishes with 7 innings of 2 ER ball in the house of the best team in the country.  Couldn't have asked for much more from him

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball at Florida
Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Tanner Burns.....

Of course, but Auburn is always stuck with the "king" and the "heir" in their rotations.  Very rarely have they been able to get 2 elite starters at the peak of their careers (like a UF, Arky, etc)

Well Singer is gone for the night....top of the 8th for AU...

Williams lines to right for out one

Wright skies one to foul and 3B makes the catch for out 2.

Julien at the plate 3 times on base ......but mostly tonight we bunched all of our activity in one inning...

and Julien goes down looking. to end the inning .

4 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Of course, but Auburn is always stuck with the "king" and the "heir" in their rotations.  Very rarely have they been able to get 2 elite starters at the peak of their careers (like a UF, Arky, etc)

Jack Owen is developing nicely. And there's Greenhill too. I think with some time CBT will have the kind of roster that has several elite pitchers. FL has had stability for a long time and Auburn messed around for maybe 10 years. I'm happy with the progress CBT has made in such a short time. Auburn is at least competitive most of the time and the team is still in a rebuilding phase. 

7 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Barring a scoring change, Casey finishes with 7 innings of 2 ER ball in the house of the best team in the country.  Couldn't have asked for much more from him

A tip of the cap to him

Archived