Baseball at Florida

Mize is out....10 Ks and 110 pitches for the night.....well done.....just needed more support.

Elliott Anderson comes in to try and keep the gators to 3.  Had a very good outing against Samford. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The better team is making it tough on us. We really need this game.

Tremendous play by Jarvis....stole a hit up the middle and made a nice throw to first....out number one.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

The better team is making it tough on us. We really need this game.

Mitchell vs the freshman on Sunday is probably the second best.  One of the last two games AU is going to need to get an early lead and hold it from there.  Once UF gets a lead, they're even more indestructible

Anderson gets a called strike 3 for the second out of the inning...

Anderson walks India....might not be a bad thing to do....but needs to get this next guy....Coach Smith out to take with EA....and maybe just to calm EA down a bit...big game for him......>AU  still has a chance and don't want the allow any more runs...

Dalton singles to left past 3rd....too good....and now EA is done.

Coker comes in with 2 outs and 2 on base....."nervous time"......

Coker facing Schwartz....Mize had JJ under control .....see what Coker can do with him.

Ouch tried back pick at first....ball gets away and runner on 2B goes to 3rd

Coker walks Schwartz quickly and the bases are loaded.....with 2 outs.

.Coker gets ahead 0-2 and batter grounds out to 2B and UF leaves bags full.

Last chance for AU...need at least 2 runs here...

Good effort.  Fought as hard as possible.  Just got beat by a better team.  Have to find some way to take one of the last two, Auburn.

Davis hits first pitch back to pitcher and a quick out.

Jarvis at bat.....first pitch swinging also.....nobody wanting to get behind in the count

And Jarvis goes down swinging....

Estes  at the plate.....and pokes one to left in front of the LF and we have a runner on base. 

Ingham in to pinch hit.....meanwhile Estes steals 2nd.

DI gets behind in the count....then works to 2-2 and takes the third strike looking....Game Over.. 

..Byrne barely worked up a sweat ....

Great pitching matchup tonight.....Mize helped his cause in my view...

Just a shame to waste one of the best pitchers in AU history to lose but UF has a special team this year. We have got to find a way to win one frickin game.............

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Davis hits first pitch back to pitcher and a quick out.

Jarvis at bat.....first pitch swinging also.....nobody wanting to get behind in the count

And Jarvis goes down swinging....

Estes  at the plate.....and pokes one to left in front of the LF and we have a runner on base. 

Ingham in to pinch hit.....meanwhile Estes steals 2nd.

DI gets behind in the count....then works to 2-2 and takes the third strike looking....Game Over.. 

..Byrne barely worked up a sweat ....

Great pitching matchup tonight.....Mize helped his
cause in my view...

yep

FL is just great in every single category. I'll be very surprised if Auburn doesn't get swept this weekend. We had opportunities tonight and IMHO that was our best chance. But baseball is unpredictable and crazy. Auburn could still pull one out. I really hope it happens.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Just a shame to waste one of the best pitchers in AU history to lose but UF has a special team this year.

special yes, like a minor league team.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just a shame to waste one of the best pitchers in AU history to lose but UF has a special team this year.

I know there was some discussion about whether Mize should go out of order this weekend to give better odds at a win, but that matchup just solidified both Singer and Mize are going to be very wealthy in about six weeks.  To get it in the same conference on a Friday night reflects well on the league and both teams

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I know there was some discussion about whether Mize should go out of order this weekend to give better odds at a win, but that matchup just solidified both Singer and Mize are going to be very wealthy in about six weeks.  To get it in the same conference on a Friday night reflects well on the league and both teams

Totally agree great game to watch a great pitchers matchup.........................just hate we're on the losing end.............oh well on to the next game.

If both Singer and Kowar are even remotely on form, nobody's going to beat them.  There are no guarantees in baseball, but if this team doesn't repeat as CWS champs, I'll be shocked.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I know there was some discussion about whether Mize should go out of order this weekend to give better odds at a win, but that matchup just solidified both Singer and Mize are going to be very wealthy in about six weeks.

Singer or the guy pitching tomorrow for UF......some say he is better than Singer....either way.. Mize was going to have his hands full and AU hitting not near up tow what UF was putting up to the plate.     Considering the quality of offense he faced, I'm thinking Mize looked outstanding.  

Tomorrow is likely to look a lot like tonight .....and with a little better defense and maybe a clutch hit or two ....the game could have gone the other way in our favor. 

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

If both Singer and Kowar are even remotely on form, nobody's going to beat them.  There are no guarantees in baseball, but if this team doesn't repeat as CWS champs, I'll be shocked.

Me too.  The talent they have is just astounding. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Singer or the guy pitching tomorrow for UF......some say he is better than Singer....either way.. Mize was going to have his hands full and AU hitting not near up tow what UF was putting up to the plate.     Considering the quality of offense he faced, I'm thinking Mize looked outstanding.  

Tomorrow is likely to look a lot like tonight .....and with a little better defense and maybe a clutch hit or two ....the game could have gone the other way in our favor. 

At the beginning of the season, Singer was projected the #1 pick in the draft and Kowar was way down the board at....8th.  Neither have hurt their stock one bit since then.  Unreal rotation there.

11 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

At the beginning of the season, Singer was projected the #1 pick in the draft and Kowar was way down the board at....8th.  Neither have hurt their stock one bit since then.  Unreal rotation there.

Damn way down you say

Archived