Baseball at Florida

37 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

At the beginning of the season, Singer was projected the #1 pick in the draft and Kowar was way down the board at....8th.  Neither have hurt their stock one bit since then.  Unreal rotation there.

Mize looked to have better command tonight and faced a much better line-up than Singer....not sure that Singer's wind-up motion is durable.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

IMO 2 errors tonight was the difference.  May have been mize’s best outing of the year - particularly considering competition 

1 of those was not an error. Not at all. Hot shot to Anthony was a base hit

33 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Generous call by official scorer...JMO

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

IMO 2 errors tonight was the difference.  May have been mize’s best outing of the year - particularly considering competition 

Maybe tomorrow Auburn can cut out the errors and steal a win. 

This was my first opportunity to watch Mize for a long stretch. He is better than Singer- it’s a shame he gave up the long ball and didn’t get some support but no shame in losing to UF. The command Mize has with multiple pitches, his size, and his presence on the mound are very impressive. He is going to make a bunch of money in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

This was my first opportunity to watch Mize for a long stretch. He is better than Singer- it’s a shame he gave up the long ball and didn’t get some support but no shame in losing to UF. The command Mize has with multiple pitches, his size, and his presence on the mound are very impressive. He is going to make a bunch of money in a few weeks.

Yep.  I’m no baseball guy but i haven’t seen anyone outdo Mize this year ... however ... the starting pitching in the sec is sick.

the UF lineup is impressive.  India is a machine.  Dude was impressive to watch.

17 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Going by what our radio broadcast said.  Anthony and holland both seem to be distracted some on defense ... particularly Anthony compared to last year.  He was so starkly good at 3rd compared to the poor defense the years prior.

7 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Yep.  I’m no baseball guy but i haven’t seen anyone outdo Mize this year ... however ... the starting pitching in the sec is sick.

the UF lineup is impressive.  India is a machine.  Dude was impressive to watch.

Their line-up is very tough...three guys with more than a dozen HRs.....one bad pitch to India.....otherwise Mize did a great job keeping the big bats from hurting him   Would be nice if AU could provide a bit  more help for him but as noted above,  he's on his way to the next step in just over a month. 

Archived