Auburn in the 2018 NFL Draft

metafour

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yes, but alabama's punter was selected in the fifth round  by GB. 

The question was: Was Daniel Carlson the first kicker selected?

The answer is: Yes, he was!

I believed he was one that could have benefited greatly with staying another year.   I also think C. Davis, with a great year, could have moved into 1st round status 

15 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I believed he was one that could have benefited greatly with staying another year.   I also think C. Davis, with a great year, could have moved into 1st round status 

"Advisors" and whatever other terms they go by are only after one thing; get some money coming into the kid and ripoff their high percentage, if not all of it. Barring unforeseen injury, both Holland and Davis would have been much, much better off staying at AU another year.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

"Advisors" and whatever other terms they go by are only after one thing; get some money coming into the kid and ripoff their high percentage, if not all of it. Barring unforeseen injury, both Holland and Davis would have been much, much better off staying at AU another year.

Meanwhile Bubba Pettway still not drafted. I’ll bet his parents/family wished they would’ve let him play when he was able, starting with the Georgia regular season game.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Meanwhile Bubba Pettway still not drafted. I’ll bet his parents/family wished they would’ve let him play when he was able, starting with the Georgia regular season game.

Not aware of what was going on but if he was trying to stay healthy for the NFL that was obviously a bad decision. 

He needed a couple games to "romp and stomp" and prove that he was still the same guy who looked so good in 2016.  Now its just a guess for anyone who drafts him.   

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I thought he didn’t play because he was in trouble. 

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not aware of what was going on but if he was trying to stay healthy for the NFL that was obviously a bad decision. 

He needed a couple games to "romp and stomp" and prove that he was still the same guy who looked so good in 2016.  Now its just a guess for anyone who drafts him.   

A multimillion dollar bad decision. 

I feel bad for Holland, but overall, a good day for Auburn men!

32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Davis went in the second round?!

People act like Carlton Davis didn’t get drafted. Granted I am sure he would’ve liked to get in the first round but my goodness he got drafted one round later. He is fine. 

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

People act like Carlton Davis didn’t get drafted. Granted I am sure he would’ve liked to get in the first round but my goodness he got drafted one round later. He is fine. 

In a stacked CB class. 

Does anyone know the compensation for UDFA? I know if you make the team as an I drafted free agent you get at minimum 300k

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Does anyone know the compensation for UDFA? I know if you make the team as an I drafted free agent you get at minimum 300k

Less than a walk on at uat, but you can get by on it I’m sure. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Surprised about Stephen Roberts & Jeff Holland but that’s about it 

Jeff Holland will make the 53 team roster in my eyes...I can see Trigga making the practice squad though. Stephen Roberts on the other hand 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Jeff Holland will make the 53 team roster in my eyes...I can see Trigga making the practice squad though. Stephen Roberts on the other hand 

Know why he dropped so hard? Wasn't Holland a 3-5th round pick by just about everybody before the draft? Did they confuse his tape with Jake Holland?

I think Tray M could make an impact in special teams, he's way too raw to start of course... but you never know down the line.

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

I thought he didn’t play because he was in trouble. 

There are so many rumors out there. Who knows.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

sounds reasonable.  could JH make the move to line backer?   I don't see him as a DE in the NFL ?  

Matthews should be able earn some playing time somewhere....needs to stay in shape and work with a team and then wait for the phone to ring when there is an injury somewhere. o 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

There are so many rumors out there. Who knows.

I totally forgot about bubba. Yah no way anyone thought he was getting drafted.

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Free agent?

correct.

Archived