Null



metafour

Auburn in the 2018 NFL Draft

Recommended Posts





6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

 

Yes, but alabama's punter was selected in the fifth round  by GB. 

The question was: Was Daniel Carlson the first kicker selected?

The answer is: Yes, he was!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believed he was one that could have benefited greatly with staying another year.   I also think C. Davis, with a great year, could have moved into 1st round status 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I believed he was one that could have benefited greatly with staying another year.   I also think C. Davis, with a great year, could have moved into 1st round status 

"Advisors" and whatever other terms they go by are only after one thing; get some money coming into the kid and ripoff their high percentage, if not all of it. Barring unforeseen injury, both Holland and Davis would have been much, much better off staying at AU another year.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikey said:

"Advisors" and whatever other terms they go by are only after one thing; get some money coming into the kid and ripoff their high percentage, if not all of it. Barring unforeseen injury, both Holland and Davis would have been much, much better off staying at AU another year.

Meanwhile Bubba Pettway still not drafted. I’ll bet his parents/family wished they would’ve let him play when he was able, starting with the Georgia regular season game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Meanwhile Bubba Pettway still not drafted. I’ll bet his parents/family wished they would’ve let him play when he was able, starting with the Georgia regular season game.

Not aware of what was going on but if he was trying to stay healthy for the NFL that was obviously a bad decision. 

He needed a couple games to "romp and stomp" and prove that he was still the same guy who looked so good in 2016.  Now its just a guess for anyone who drafts him.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Meanwhile Bubba Pettway still not drafted. I’ll bet his parents/family wished they would’ve let him play when he was able, starting with the Georgia regular season game.

I thought he didn’t play because he was in trouble. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not aware of what was going on but if he was trying to stay healthy for the NFL that was obviously a bad decision. 

He needed a couple games to "romp and stomp" and prove that he was still the same guy who looked so good in 2016.  Now its just a guess for anyone who drafts him.   

A multimillion dollar bad decision. 

I feel bad for Holland, but overall, a good day for Auburn men!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"Advisors" and whatever other terms they go by are only after one thing; get some money coming into the kid and ripoff their high percentage, if not all of it. Barring unforeseen injury, both Holland and Davis would have been much, much better off staying at AU another year.

Davis went in the second round?!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People act like Carlton Davis didn’t get drafted. Granted I am sure he would’ve liked to get in the first round but my goodness he got drafted one round later. He is fine. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Qb Etling or whatever from Lsu got drafted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DAG said:

People act like Carlton Davis didn’t get drafted. Granted I am sure he would’ve liked to get in the first round but my goodness he got drafted one round later. He is fine. 

In a stacked CB class. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the compensation for UDFA? I know if you make the team as an I drafted free agent you get at minimum 300k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Does anyone know the compensation for UDFA? I know if you make the team as an I drafted free agent you get at minimum 300k

Less than a walk on at uat, but you can get by on it I’m sure. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised about Stephen Roberts & Jeff Holland but that’s about it 

Edited by ClaytonAU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Surprised about Stephen Roberts & Jeff Holland but that’s about it 

Jeff Holland will make the 53 team roster in my eyes...I can see Trigga making the practice squad though. Stephen Roberts on the other hand 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Jeff Holland will make the 53 team roster in my eyes...I can see Trigga making the practice squad though. Stephen Roberts on the other hand 

Know why he dropped so hard? Wasn't Holland a 3-5th round pick by just about everybody before the draft? Did they confuse his tape with Jake Holland?

 

I think Tray M could make an impact in special teams, he's way too raw to start of course... but you never know down the line.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

I thought he didn’t play because he was in trouble. 

There are so many rumors out there. Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jeff Holland will make the 53 team roster in my eyes...I can see Trigga making the practice squad though. Stephen Roberts on the other hand 

sounds reasonable.  could JH make the move to line backer?   I don't see him as a DE in the NFL ?  

Matthews should be able earn some playing time somewhere....needs to stay in shape and work with a team and then wait for the phone to ring when there is an injury somewhere. o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

There are so many rumors out there. Who knows.

I totally forgot about bubba. Yah no way anyone thought he was getting drafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

 

This makes me happy! Get it, Trigga Tray! 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Free agent?

correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now