Auburn in the 2018 NFL Draft

metafour

Just now, Mims44 said:

Know why he dropped so hard? Wasn't Holland a 3-5th round pick by just about everybody before the draft? Did they confuse his tape with Jake Holland?

I think Tray M could make an impact in special teams, he's way too raw to start of course... but you never know down the line.

Yep ST would be his best bet.

as for Jeff Holland , I think these two things really hurt him... his weight is not that great. He doesn’t have the athleticism that you would’ve seen in other prospects because of that . Which leads me to my next point ..his lateral quickness his shaky which pretty much devalues his coverage skills. This seems to be more of a priority now a days. With that being said, he got picked up fairly quickly as a free agent which is a good thing. He does have some key strengths you can work with, but those strengths doesn’t neccessary mean you risk a draft pick on him. He has an uphill battle but he can get it done.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

sounds reasonable.  could JH make the move to line backer?   I don't see him as a DE in the NFL ?  

Matthews should be able earn some playing time somewhere....needs to stay in shape and work with a team and then wait for the phone to ring when there is an injury somewhere. o 

I think for Holland ..he needs to get in shape and work on become a good edge pass rusher . He can make a good living being a situational pass rusher. I can’t see him playing LB at the next level just for the fact he would be a liability covering the field at this level.

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Holland is falling even harder than Stanley McClover did. Really can't believe he's still on the board.

I’m still in shock too. Figured it was possible he’d fall to the sixth round, but not this absurd crap. A Rugby player that never played football in his life was drafted based on potential alone... Holland played lights out against top competition.

The problem going to Denver is their 1st draft choice was also a DE (Chum from NC State)....same position...I was hoping Jacksonville would've selected him...Wish him and all Auburn guys the best...

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m still in shock too. Figured he’d fall to the sixth round, but not this absurd crap. A Rugby player that never played football in his life was drafted based on potential alone... Holland played lights out against top competition.

Must be stuff from the combines or interviews that we don't know about?     Speed, height?  

I know many on board question why certain players weren't drafted, but it is better to be able to pick a team as a FA, instead of going to a team in the lower rounds of the draft...you can pick a team where you feel you might be able to make it... 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Must be stuff from the combines or interviews that we don't know about?     Speed, height?  

Possibly.  I haven’t looked back at his position group at the combine to confirm my thoughts, but surely there are other players that were drafted that were comparable in measurables. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He didn’t bench press at the combine or pro day. If you’re coming out early with only 1 year as a starter on film, you better be willing to showcase any and all skills. 

45 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

The problem going to Denver is their 1st draft choice was also a DE (Chum from NC State)....same position...I was hoping Jacksonville would've selected him...Wish him and all Auburn guys the best...

Not neccessarily . Chubb is going to make the squad no problem. Jeff Holland needs to go in there and maximize why the broncos are giving him a chance . I would think due to his ability of getting to the QB. He needs to prove that he can do that every chance he gets. Chum arguably will be a every down starting DE. Holland will probably be more situational and he could work that. 

Pettways numbers not so good at combine........his early season troubles probably didnt help his draft status as well as suffering numerous injuries.

Just now, kevon67 said:

Pettways numbers not so good at combine........his early season troubles probably didnt as well as suffering numerous injuries.

He is getting pub because of how did last year in the SEC. I can see him making the practice squad and hopefully working himself into a 53 man roster. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not neccessarily . Chum is going to make the squad no problem. Jeff Holland needs to go in there and maximize why the broncos are giving him a chance . I would think due to his ability of getting to the QB. He needs to prove that he can do that every chance he gets. Chum arguably will be a every down starting DE. Holland will probably be more situational and he could work that. 

I'm a HUGE Denver fan and I'm telling you, Holland's best shot at making the team is special teams.  The d line is deep by NFL standards and extremely good.  Denver may see him as insurance though and try to get him on the practice squad.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

He is getting pub because of how did last year in the SEC. I can see him making the practice squad and hopefully working himself into a 53 man roster. 

I agree with all of above DAG

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm a HUGE Denver fan and I'm telling you, Holland's best shot at making the team is special teams.  The d line is deep by NFL standards and extremely good.  Denver may see him as insurance though and try to get him on the practice squad.

The Orange Crush?

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Would have the physicals but will need to really step up and over-come the stigma of not playing (coaches decision?) this year when the team could have really used him. 

20 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You excited about Chubb? He could be the next Demarcus Ware that they are looking for 

edit: sorry my freaking phone keeps autocorrecting to chum.

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Would have the physicals but will need to really step up and over-come the stigma of not playing (coaches decision?) this year when the team could have really used him. 

He can do it. That why he is a low risk high reward player as an UDFA. No reason to risk a draft pick on someone who has underneath he scenes issues. I don’t think he will make a 53 man though. He definitely can make a practice squad.

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Stephen Roberts signs with Eagles.

Philly Philly.

Good for him. Special teams.

Archived