Could ua have a down year? I can dream!

toddc

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/on-the-beat-should-alabama-football-really-be-favored-to-win-the-sec-west

I’m really liking our chance in the SEC West this year, even though we play ua on the road! If we can get to the Georgia game unscathed, in conference play at least, we have a good shot at winning the West again and hopefully playing a better seccg game. If we beat Washington in the opener I’ll have to think we have a great chance, with a few breaks here and there with the offense!

1 hour ago, toddc said:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/on-the-beat-should-alabama-football-really-be-favored-to-win-the-sec-west

I’m really liking our chance in the SEC West this year, even though we play ua on the road! If we can get to the Georgia game unscathed, in conference play at least, we have a good shot at winning the West again and hopefully playing a better seccg game. If we beat Washington in the opener I’ll have to think we have a great chance, with a few breaks here and there with the offense!

With Bama’s Schedule, it will be tough for them to ever have a down year while Satan is there. That said, I’m confident come Iron Bowl time, our Tigers will compete extremely well against the evil empire. WDE!!!

Honestly, under Gus, the Tigers usually show up to play against bammer... '13 W, '18 W and the D was just garbage in '14 but the O shined. ....even '15 & '16 they at least competed and looked prepared.  They just were up against too much with no solid QB.  I actually feel dang good about the job Gus has done against the evil empire.

Now, it's the leg humpers that Gus needs to solve.  Maybe the 1.0 game last season gives us hope...and I'll leave it there.

I don't know about this year, but if their recruiting continues to flounder without Kirby, statistics say that their win-loss record will reflect that.

It won't be easy. Even when Saban reires, look for Swinney to be the front runner to take over. Gus Malzahn has a losing record against Saban and Swinney.

12 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't know about this year, but if their recruiting continues to flounder without Kirby, statistics say that their win-loss record will reflect that.

They ended up with the sixth ranked class last year and so far for 2019 have 10 commits (6 in ESPN top 100 and 9 in ESPN 300). I hope Auburn starts floundering like this, lol.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

They ended up with the sixth ranked class last year and so far for 2019 have 10 commits (6 in ESPN top 100 and 9 in ESPN 300). I hope Auburn starts floundering like this, lol.

They had a bunch of top commits last year who flipped when it came down to the end. If they end up around 6th consistently, going forward, it will put a huge dent in their armor. If you look at the statistics, the 4th, 5th, and 6th ranked recruiting class over the past 5 years average 4 losses per year (incidentally, we have the 7th ranked recruiting class over the past 5 years and also average 4 losses).

Hope springs eternal!

I'd have to think that draft over the weekend bolstered their recruiting a smidge for 2019, but I guess we can hope they string together a few classes ranked outside of the top 5 & hope they start chalking up 4 losses average a year. 

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

They had a bunch of top commits last year who flipped when it came down to the end. If they end up around 6th consistently, going forward, it will put a huge dent in their armor. If you look at the statistics, the 4th, 5th, and 6th ranked recruiting class over the past 5 years average 4 losses per year (incidentally, we have the 7th ranked recruiting class over the past 5 years and also average 4 losses).

Agree. If they average a 5th-ranked class going forward, that still makes them an elite team in terms of talent and it might be a stretch to call it "floundering" and hell yeah we wish we could recruit like that, but that also would mean that they're not on a completely different planet than every single other team in the country. 

Hell yeah Bama can have a down year. And if Tua plays like the kid who took a 16 yard sack in overtime it's possible. Yes he will have elite talent around him but that was about as dumb as it gets to take a sack like that in OT. Yup he made up for it but I'm hoping more dumb decisions are to come.

And Hurts transfers leaving Bama with no viable options. Hey, I can dream, right???

i hope we stomp the turds so bad you can smell us coming after it is over............lol

• 3 weeks later...

Nope their schedule is so weak I think its ranked 12th easiest in the SEC but hell a down year for them would be 2 loses so who knows. 

It would be poetic irony if the give Tua the start, Hurts dad makes him bail, and then Tua ends up being a Jeremy Johnson style one-hit wonder. I know the odds are completely against that, but man would that be sweet.

They need a decent QB to run that offense, NS refuses to put the success or failure of his team in the shoulders of his QB or even one solitary RB. 

He makes sure defense & special teams are developed and trained to score points too.  A couple of seasons ago their defense scored a TD in like 6-8 games that season - I don't remember the exact #, but is was a surprising stat.  

IMO, Tua will have growing pains - he will make mistakes when he faces a smart and disciplined defense.  Hurts is not a prolific passer, but he is elite in ball protection and that's what NS values more than anything on offense.  He will bench any player that becomes a liability to the production and execution of the game plan.  Screw ups, turnovers, missed tackles, playing out of position and lack of effort will get you sidelined with the quickness, I've seen it in the cupcake games and in the national championship games.   

2 hours ago, keesler said:

They need a decent QB to run that offense, NS refuses to put the success or failure of his team in the shoulders of his QB or even one solitary RB. 

He makes sure defense & special teams are developed and trained to score points too.  A couple of seasons ago their defense scored a TD in like 6-8 games that season - I don't remember the exact #, but is was a surprising stat.  

IMO, Tua will have growing pains - he will make mistakes when he faces a smart and disciplined defense.  Hurts is not a prolific passer, but he is elite in ball protection and that's what NS values more than anything on offense.  He will bench any player that becomes a liability to the production and execution of the game plan.  Screw ups, turnovers, missed tackles, playing out of position and lack of effort will get you sidelined with the quickness, I've seen it in the cupcake games and in the national championship games.   

Yup... the only true hole in his armor is if Hurts transfers and Tua becomes a liability, because there is no one else.

19 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It would be poetic irony if the give Tua the start, Hurts dad makes him bail, and then Tua ends up being a Jeremy Johnson style one-hit wonder. I know the odds are completely against that, but man would that be sweet.

giphy.gif

I want to beat bammer and the nickster when they are considered at the top of their game. Always. It hurts them worse when Auburn does that.

51 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I want to beat bammer and the nickster when they are considered at the top of their game. Always. It hurts them worse when Auburn does that.

Would be nice for a couple back to back beatdowns from Auburn to force him into retirement.

24 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Would be nice for a couple back to back beatdowns from Auburn to force him into retirement.

I like the way you think. 

9 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think they were going pretty good this last time we beat them. 

On 5/19/2018 at 8:47 PM, alexava said:

I think they were going pretty good this last time we beat them. 

Well yeah, they were undefeated coming into JHS and AU kicked their ass, but it didn't hurt 'em at all - they still won the big prize in the end.:banghead:

26 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well yeah, they were undefeated coming into JHS and AU kicked their ass, but it didn't hurt 'em at all - they still won the big prize in the end.:banghead:

Twice in the last 25 years, we went undefeated and didn't win a championship. 

Twice in the last 10 years, they didn't even win the West but won the national championship.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(Nobody's beaten a "down" bama team in 10 years.)

55 minutes ago, keesler said:

Not much more we could have done short of beating Uga twice, splitting with clempson ( or Oklahoma) and beating bammer again.  Not sure the Patriots could pull that off. 

Archived