Baseball at FL Game 3

Meanwhile aggies score in bottom of the seventh to beat AU 1-0 ......AU only one hit...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU64 said:

Meanwhile aggies score in bottom of the seventh to beat AU 1-0 ......AU only one hit...

Softball has had some hitting woes this season. Hate to see them drop the series.

not a good day for out teams......but maybe we can rally against UF.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Once Mitchell was done, there is nobody CBT could really count on ...JMO but a bad call to send in DD with bases loaded......Coker might have been a better selection at that point....By the time Coker got in the game, the damage was done.....meanwhile it seems like our offense was done for the day after that first inning..

It appears the typical bullpen pecking order has changed.  On Game 3s, it seems to be a Mitchell/Davis piggyback (which worked well last week), and Game 1s, it's turning into a Mize/Elliott Anderson before Greenhill approach.  Think it can all be summed up with: there are very few people to trust in that pen right now.  Next year should let us see the full "first crop" of guys Butch has had a chance to scout/recruit and develop from a pitching standpoint.  So far Greenhill and Burns appear to be very good "hits", and Daniel is quickly risking settling in the "miss" column.   Also, a lot of the bullpen walks are from upperclassmen, so we'll get to see if their replacements developed better control during their redshirt seasons.  

All at the expense though of losing a Casey Mize, promoting a Burns to that role, and having no idea whatsoever if there is an "heir" on that roster for the first time in about 5 seasons.  So whatever you do AU, just get in the regional this year, and keep the program momentum going.

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

8-3 UF.  Auburn cannot bear down with 2 outs today.

Inning over.  Auburn down 5 to the 7th.

:)    College baseball....new pitcher for UF to hold the lead and immediately he hits the first batter.....coach just looks at the ceiling I guess......

I hate to see Auburn having such a rough day but I really expected FL to take the series. I'm just relieved we got that 1 win we needed.

Shake it off and move forward Auburn.

Leadoff HBP to India.  At least it technically keeps AU's tenth walk from entering the box score? :dunno: 9 walks and 2 HBP today.  

12 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hate to see Auburn having such a rough day but I really expected FL to take the series. I'm just relieved we got that 1 win we needed.

Shake it off and move forward Auburn.

True but kinda looked like everyone was satisfied to win that one game.....past the first inning, it's been a really lackadaisical game by AU today.... 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True but kinda looked like everyone was satisfied to win that one game.....past the first inning, it's been a really lackadaisical game by AU today.... 

Circular blame to go around today.  Gotta be hard to keep focused as an offense when your pitchers walk the yard and give up a 6-spot early.  Meanwhile pitcher's start burying their head down when the defense doesn't step up to back them.  Outside of the first inning, AU did NOT compete today, which CBT never likes.

Archived