Baseball at FL Game 3

16 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Ah that’s right- I see. If this team goes 7-2 the last three weekends that would be phenomenal

Phenomenal would be an understatement.  Still see us finishing 15-15 in conference (win both home series, drop two at Ole Miss).

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Phenomenal would be an understatement.  Still see us finishing 15-15 in conference (win both home series, drop two at Ole Miss).

Considering where we are, I would look for some sweeps as the goal....not just winning a series or two.  Vandy and LSU are no better than AU and we have them at home...."sweep" should be on people's minds.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Considering where we are, I would look for some sweeps as the goal....not just winning a series or two.  Vandy and LSU are no better than AU and we have them at home...."sweep" should be on people's minds.

Ole Miss is not unbeatable either. Especially with how we competed against Florida, winning two there is not out of the question. I still believe this Auburn team could find themselves hosting a regional at the end of this season. 

Edit: My reasoning is partly based off of the #6 RPI in the country we currently boast with only 3 regular season weekends to go. 

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2018/rpi-live

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I didn't say sweeps weren't the goal.  Just giving my assessment.  Feel like getting a sweep against anyone left on our schedule is unlikely.  Just because we get two of them at home doesn't mean we sweep either of those.

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I didn't say sweeps weren't the goal.  Just giving my assessment.  Feel like getting a sweep against anyone left on our schedule is unlikely.  Just because we get two of them at home doesn't mean we sweep either of those.

I know but all year folks talk about winning a series as if that is a satisfactory accomplishment.  Just saying that we need to ratchet up the expections...and there have been enough sweeps in the SEC that we should have reasonable chance ...at home...to pull off at least one.

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

I know but all year folks talk about winning a series as if that is a satisfactory accomplishment.  Just saying that we need to ratchet up the expections...and there have been enough sweeps in the SEC that we should have reasonable chance ...at home...to pull off at least one.

Agree. There is a vast difference between just winning a series and getting a sweep. Win series, go 1-up. Get the sweep and go 3-up. One could argue that a sweep is three times better than a simple series win. (Actually, not much to argue there. The sweep is three time better).

On 5/1/2018 at 8:02 AM, WDEKC said:

Rankings seem to have us very far off our RPI. I'm not sure I understand.

Odd to me as well. #6 RPI with a 31-14 record and essentially .500 in the toughest conference in America. Win this weekend and we’ll be back in top 25 across the board, but it certainly is strange. 

On 5/2/2018 at 9:25 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Odd to me as well. #6 RPI with a 31-14 record and essentially .500 in the toughest conference in America. Win this weekend and we’ll be back in top 25 across the board, but it certainly is strange. 

I also notice vandy has a 33 rpi and a 25-19 record. I don’t get them being ranked higher than Auburn. I know nothing about baseball rankings but seems puzzling

20 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I also notice vandy has a 33 rpi and a 25-19 record. I don’t get them being ranked higher than Auburn. I know nothing about baseball rankings but seems puzzling

Some of this is hard to figure...but AU's trend is not helping us....take bama out of the picture and we have lost something like 2/3rd of our games the past month..

The way to get Vandy out of the picture is to take at least two from them this weekend......and a sweep is preferred.

20 hours ago, AU64 said:

Some of this is hard to figure...but AU's trend is not helping us....take bama out of the picture and we have lost something like 2/3rd of our games the past month..

The way to get Vandy out of the picture is to take at least two from them this weekend......and a sweep is preferred.

Agreed about Vandy, but if you look at the schedule, I'd say we had 1 bad weekend where we really should have won the series and that was the home series against Mizzou. Getting swept on the road at Arkansas isn't terrible especially when you consider 2 of those games were 1 run losses and they are the #5 RPI team. So it's not like we got dominated by them. Then we won our series at home against a decent MSU team and won a game in Gainesville which is something only one other team in the SEC can say they accomplished this year and that was the team that swept us.

35 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Agreed about Vandy, but if you look at the schedule, I'd say we had 1 bad weekend where we really should have won the series and that was the home series against Mizzou. Getting swept on the road at Arkansas isn't terrible especially when you consider 2 of those games were 1 run losses and they are the #5 RPI team. So it's not like we got dominated by them. Then we won our series at home against a decent MSU team and won a game in Gainesville which is something only one other team in the SEC can say they accomplished this year and that was the team that swept us.

Yep.....the league is tough but you have to beat the poor teams every time you play them...splitting or losing a series to Mizz was BAD and may hurt us ...but a good weekend at home with Vandy.....and all will be forgotten. ...until next weekend that is....? 

Guess we will have some idea in a couple hours.....does not usually take long to tell if AU is ready to play and with Mize on the mound, by 7 PM CT we should have some clues. 

Archived