2019 Texas A&M GT CB Nick Harvey

ertrader

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/three-sec-teams-among-those-in-play-for-aandm-transfer-nick-harvey/ar-AAwtaaK

In mid-March, Harvey announced that he would be transferring from A&M. A little over a month later, ESPN.com‘s Adam Rittenberg is reporting, the defensive back has narrowed his list of potential landing spots down to four — Arizona, Auburn, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Is this something that could happen? Anyone have any more info?

May not have room to take him. Driscoll just took the last spot for the 2018 25 limit & not sure if we could count Harvey forward to the 2019 25 limit like teams could do before rules changes that were made last June.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Somebody like Fuqua would have to gray shirt to make room like WalFour just did for UGA to make room for their GT.

I'd be okay with that

Yeah. For the 2018 season, that would be huge. Harvey can play. Starter or not, he’s be a lock as a rotation guy. He can play Safety or CB. 

WE NEED THIS GUY!!!!!! PUHHHHHH LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE MAKE ROOM FOR HIM if we are his preferred destination. When healthy he is a heck of a talent. Different sport I know but Jarvis Varnado at Cowbell U went off of scholly his senior year to make room for Renardo Sidney. That is the only example I got off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

WE NEED THIS GUY!!!!!! PUHHHHHH LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE MAKE ROOM FOR HIM if we are his preferred destination. When healthy he is a heck of a talent. Different sport I know but Jarvis Varnado at Cowbell U went off of scholly his senior year to make room for Renardo Sidney. That is the only example I got off the top of my head.

Someone going off of scholarship wouldn't help with the annual 25 limit. Someone we've already signed would have to choose to not go on scholarship. Which four-year signee would you dump to make room for a one and done guy? If that would even work. They've messed with the rules so much that I'm no longer certain if anything would work. A few years ago when you signed 25 that was it period, whether they actually enrolled in school or not. If that's still the case, then anyone else could only come here as a walkon.

Just now, Mikey said:

Someone going off of scholarship wouldn't help with the annual 25 limit. Someone we've already signed would have to choose to not go on scholarship. Which four-year player would you dump to make room for a one and done guy? If that would even work. They've messed with the rules so much that I'm no longer certain if anything would work. A few years ago when you signed 25 that was it period, whether they actually enrolled in school or not. If that's still the case, then anyone else could only come here as a walkon.

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME MR MIKE!!!!!!!!!!! I def agree with that and like what you are thinking! Lets do this and make it happen. WOOOOO!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Which four-year player would you dump to make room for a one and done guy? If that would even work.

A couple of useless OL come to mind but I’d hate to be accused of berating players. 

Anywho, bless your heart, you’ve told us a thousand times how the scholarship numbers are supposed to work, but I still don’t get it. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME MR MIKE!!!!!!!!!!! I def agree with that and like what you are thinking! Lets do this and make it happen. WOOOOO!!!!!

I case you misunderstood me, I wouldn't swap any of our signees for a one and done guy. How could that be done anyway? They have SIGNED with AU. AU has SIGNED them.

Now, if this guy that's leaving A&M wants to walk on at AU and play with no scholarship help I'd be hapy to welcome him. I think the odds of that happening are zero.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

A couple of useless OL come to mind but I’d hate to be accused of berating players. 

Anywho, bless your heart, you’ve told us a thousand times how the scholarship numbers are supposed to work, but I still don’t get it. 

This one is simple to get. A school can only sign 25 new players a year. We have already signed 25. Half the team could leave and we still couldn't add another signee to the 2018 class.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This one is simple to get. A school can only sign 25 new players a year. We have already signed 25. Half the team could leave and we still couldn't add another signee to the 2018 class.

The rollovers? The count backs? If we really have no room for this guy, why are we mentioned? I do know that UGA just asked a signee to accept a gray shirt to make room for their GT. And this is SECCOUNTRY’s reasoning:

The move by the Bulldogs was needed after adding Notre Dame grad transfer Jay Hayes to the roster last week. That created an issue with Georgia’s scholarship numbers. In order to get under the 85-scholarship limit, Walthour was asked to take a grayshirt. His love for Georgia prevailed, and he accepted.

Rather than being a part of Georgia’s No. 1 recruiting class in 2018, he’ll now be key member of the 2019 class.”

Seems that Georgia, according to them, are worried about the 85 number.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Forget everything I posted above. This is correct. Apparently UGA is asking Walthour to delay enrollment so they can make the total 85 yearly limit not the yearly 25 limit.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The rollovers? The count backs? If we really have no room for this guy, why are we mentioned? I do know that UGA just asked a signee to accept a gray shirt to make room for their GT. And this is SECCOUNTRY’s reasoning:

The move by the Bulldogs was needed after adding Notre Dame grad transfer Jay Hayes to the roster last week. That created an issue with Georgia’s scholarship numbers. In order to get under the 85-scholarship limit, Walthour was asked to take a grayshirt. His love for Georgia prevailed, and he accepted.

Rather than being a part of Georgia’s No. 1 recruiting class in 2018, he’ll now be key member of the 2019 class.”

Seems that Georgia, according to them, are worried about the 85 number.

The article is wrong. The original source, Jake Rowe of UGA 247, clarified later saying what I just posted above. They have room under the 2018 25 limit to add the GT & Walthour on 2018. They don't have room right now to add both to the overall total 85 limit.

Also we were & have been mentioned for Harvey because we were recruiting him before we got Driscoll. We had room for 1 GT & Driscoll got it.

E I must have lost count somewhere because we only signed 23 in February and were not close to the 85 limit. There was also talk that we had a count back slot and could take 26 do to the Safety actually qualifying and being counted by Memphis. Who have we taken after signing date to fill up the 25 other than Driscoll and what happened to that 26th spot?

8 minutes ago, auol72 said:

E I must have lost count somewhere because we only signed 23 in February and were not close to the 85 limit. There was also talk that we had a count back slot and could take 26 do to the Safety actually qualifying and being counted by Memphis. Who have we taken after signing date to fill up the 25 other than Driscoll and what happened to that 26th spot?

First off. We signed 24 for 2018 not 23. Kolbi Fuqua did sign. We didn't have a count back to use. Bill Taylor had to count in 2017 or 2018. He ended up counting in 2017 replacing Carlito & filling up the 2017 25 limit. In the end there was no 26th spot.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also we were & have been mentioned for Harvey because we were recruiting him before we got Driscoll. We had room for 1 GT & Driscoll got it.

Given the precedence of OL depth relative to our secondary, the coaches made the right decision then. Wish we could shore up both.

Kid's got to sit a year anyway, right? I've got to think there is some sort of way he can walk-on in 2018 while he sits and get an academic or some other kind of scholarship to pay the bills while he's not playing, then be gifted an athletic scholarship like the other walk-ons.  Maybe I'm just dreaming.

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Kid's got to sit a year anyway, right? I've got to think there is some sort of way he can walk-on in 2018 while he sits and get an academic or some other kind of scholarship to pay the bills while he's not playing, then be gifted an athletic scholarship like the other walk-ons.  Maybe I'm just dreaming.

I'm sure something like this could work but the question becomes, how attractive is that offer?

Just now, Zeek said:

I'm sure something like this could work but the question becomes, how attractive is that offer?

If it's even possible/legal, it shouldn't be less attractive than going on an immediate athletic scholarship... if the kid wants to play here. I've heard great things about our defensive back staff and their ability to get players NFL ready, but it's going to be a few years before we have the proof.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Nope. Grad Transfers can play immediately.

And you are. Nothing wrong with that though.

Archived