2019 Texas A&M GT CB Nick Harvey

ertrader

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Seems like a step down...

May not have been able to commit to AU anyway.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

May not have been able to commit to AU anyway.

I was saying South Carolina seems like a step down from A&M.

Really? As a defensive player, I'd think moving from Kevin Sumlin to Will Muschamp would be improvement enough. Harvey still has an eye toward the NFL. Muschamp and Robinson will do more to develop him in a year than A&M did in four.

3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Really? As a defensive player, I'd think moving from Kevin Sumlin to Will Muschamp would be improvement enough. Harvey still has an eye toward the NFL. Muschamp and Robinson will do more to develop him in a year than A&M did in four.

Did you miss that Jimbo Fisher is now the head coach at Texas A&M?  Also Fisher's DC has had a top 40 Defense for the past 6 years. Muschamp and Robinson haven't cracked the top 40 yet at South Carolina.

He was never staying at A&M. He was clear about that. He said he thought the new staff wanted to go young and didn’t think he had a chance to start. So he didn’t move from Jimbo’s TAMU to South Carolina. He moved from Sumlin to Muschamp. 

21 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Auburn signed 24 players to its 2018 recruiting class, not including Driscoll, and the cap is 25, but Malzahn would not confirm or deny if Auburn has one more spot due to a player counting towards the 2017 class.

"I'm not going to get into details about ins and outs," Malzahn said before the first stop in his Ambush speaking tour in Montgomery on Wednesday. "But we do have some flexibility left with some numbers out there."

Interesting quote from Gus at the Montgomery Auburn Club. I know it's too late for this situation, but I'm interested in your thoughts, @ellitor

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Interesting quote from Gus at the Montgomery Auburn Club. I know it's too late for this situation, but I'm interested in your thoughts, @ellitor

Don't know til something happens. As far as I know the current rules don't allow for much wiggle room.

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, ellitor said:

May not have room to take him. Driscoll just took the last spot for the 2018 25 limit & not sure if we could count Harvey forward to the 2019 25 limit like teams could do before rules changes that were made last June.

So how would we have a spot for Cord?

46 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

So how would we have a spot for Cord?

That was an old & misinformed post. How we have room for Cord is stated in deep detail in one of my posts in the last five pages or so in the Cord Sandberg thread as well as this Pinned thread in the AU recruiting forum. With due respect, I'm not explaining it again.

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That was an old & misinformed post

Gotcha

Archived