Softball vs. Texas A&M game 3

We desperately need to get this win today to close out our SEC regular season.  

Lineup today:

Taylon Snow
McCrackin
Shea
Tannon Snow
Rivera
Veach
Dowell
Podany
Draper

Kaylee Carlson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCrackin strikes out swinging.  2 outs.  Courtney Shea up.  1st pitch, Shea lines one to the gap in left center and to the wall.  Shea rounds 1st and keeps running and slides in safely ahead of the throw.    Tannon Snow coming up.

Snow pops it straight up the chute and its caught in foul territory by the catcher to end the inning.  

Carlson closes the door and doesn't allow anything else.   Auburn has work to do trailing 2-0.     Rivera, Veach and Dowell coming up

Veach loops one down the line to left and it drops fair and Veach is on 1st with 1 out.  Makenna Dowell up.

Dowell lines one to left center, cut off before it gets to the wall, but enough for Veach to get around to 3rd and Dowell to stand up at 2nd.    Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out for Morgan Podany. 

Podany, slow roller to 2nd, Veach hesitated then broke for home and throw comes home and Veach is tagged at home.    Dean is out to argue for obstruction, and I believe he has a case here.  She was clearly blocking the plate without the ball.     2outs runners on 1st and 3rd.   Podany attempts to steal 2nd, Dowell then breaks for home on the throw,  throw is cut off and thrown back to home and Dowell is out at the plate to end the inning.   

on the return throw home it looked like the catcher was blocking the plate AGAIN.  Game should be tied right now and we should still be batting, IMO.

Note to Mickey Dean: SEC players make strong, accurate throws.

Either the base-runners are not listening to him, or he is in WAYYYYYYY over his head.

Dean may have the option of playing under protest.  I agree for surethe first play was obstruction.  Was typing when they showed the replay of Dowell's play.  At least we're able to get hits off this pitcher, so maybe we have hope.  

Our runners didn't have a chance on either play.  Bad base running or coaching.  IMO neither play should be obstruction but I have seen it calls on similar plays this season. 

Some of the early season games, I think both plays would have been  obstruction.  However, the issue is we are starting to make good contact on this pitcher and running our selves out of the innings instead of hitting.  I understand since we haven't hit so far in the series, but this is different pitcher.  Should have trusted the bats instead of tryigng to force it.

2 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Nobody on, no outs. Down by 2 runs. 3-0 count on Draper. Why in the world would she swing the bat ?

The wheels are coming off? That's simply one of those "you don't do it" things.

Archived