Coaches' Softball Rankings

2 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

Hate to say it, but uat seems to be peaking at the right time.

Yep.  It ain't working out the way I hoped it would.   Bammer has taken the series against TAMU and goes for the sweep tomorrow.  Our chances of hosting are getting slimmer.

Definitely not going our way in t-town, as they scored another 10 runs today.  Aggies got 11 hits, but only 4 runs.  Meanwhile, LSU leading Arkansas 2-1 in mid-game.  I think we still host, especially if LSU wins that series.  Meanwhile, other strange stuff happening around the league.  Ole Miss, who had not won an SEC series all year, just won the first two from UGA, who had not lost an SEC series all year.  They shut out Georgia 5-0 today.  Of course, Georgia pretty much has their seeding locked down, and not much to play for.  With OM's two victories, Mizzou must win one from Florida and hope Georgia wins tomorrow; otherwise, Mizzou is out of the tournament being played on their own field.

Edit:  LSU wound up run-ruling Arkansas 10-2.

We can look back now and see how important that third game loss at Ol' Miss was, combined with the disaster at Mizzou. Three losses to the two worst teams in the league is what's got us in this mess.

The Missouri trip is definitely the disaster of the season.  Getting swept by the Aggies is going to hurt when the committee puts things to the "eye test".  uat swept them right after they swept us.  We really need to beat them in the SEC to prove we are worthy of hosting.  Right now  the partial RPI ranking is :  14.  Kentucky  15.  bama  16.  Baylor  17.  Auburn  18.  Long Beach   19.  Arkansas.  As I see it, bama is definitely hosting, and Arkansas is not.  Two spots up for grabs between KY, Baylor, AU, and LBS.

Someday I gotta learn how to calculate this RPI thing.  LSU swept Arkansas, and jumped 4 places up to 9.  uat swept A&M, and moved up one spot.  Here's a link to the list:  http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/week-8-rpi-9733327?pid=1304140123 

Archived