Travis Williams

NorthGATiger

We have to do something about this.  He is worth more than this on his recruiting alone.  If we don't then someone will.  

Here's how much each of Auburn's assistant coaches make in annual salary and where they rank nationally:

Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, $1.2 million, 7th
Offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey, $800,000, 32nd
Defensive line coach Rodney Garner, $600,000, 65th
Tight ends/H-backs coach Larry Porter, $505,000, 95th
Offensive line coach Herb Hand, $420,000, 168th
Defensive backs coach Greg Brown, $400,000, 197th
Running backs coach Tim Horton, $375,000, 212th
Wide receivers coach Kodi Burns, $350,000, 253rd
Linebackers coach Travis Williams, $225,000, 457th

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

We have to do something about this.  He is worth more than this on his recruiting alone.  If we don't then someone will.  

Here's how much each of Auburn's assistant coaches make in annual salary and where they rank nationally:

When is he do for renewal? I'm sure he'll get paid more once it's time. However, right now he's still on his "prove it" contract in my opinion. Agreed that he has proved it but I think we'll be alright waiting until his contract gets closer to running up.

I will say, and boy do I love him, it's baffling that Kodi Burns is making that much more than T-Will... Herb Hand can suck an egg... Larry Porter makes 1/2 million to coach two positions we barely use (before I get blasted I think I recall that he does a little more outside of those positions)??? I want to be an Offensive Coordinator for Auburn and let Gus run the offense anyways; I'll do it for 1/8 of what Chip is getting. :Sing:

I don't believe Auburn has released their 2018 salaries, because almost every list I've seen still has Gus at his $4 million and change mark, so T-Will could easily have already gotten a raise. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The discrepancy between Kodi and TWill's salaries is nuts

I don't know if his salary from Arizona State will ever be released, but I bet you can blame a lot of Kodi's current salary on that. The difference between hiring an existing on-the-field coach and promoting from within.

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Definitely spot on. As lionheart said though, this could already be rectified. I hope so. He's proven his worth at this point. 

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't know if his salary from Arizona State will ever be released, but I bet you can blame a lot of Kodi's current salary on that. The difference between hiring an existing on-the-field coach and promoting from within.

Right, just surprising he's making closer to what Horton makes than what TWill makes. 

This quote is from this article back when we hired Kodi (http://arizonasports.com/story/573023/graham-faces-challenges-to-re-earn-sun-devil-nations-trust/): Kodi Burns, the running backs coach Graham hired in January, left to become the co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach at Auburn, where he is expected to more than double his salary. 

A little surprising we more than doubled his ASU salary but I suppose Gus was left scrambling after Craig left. So if I recall, TWill did not come into the fold until after 2016, right? After Muschamp left? If I remember this correctly Kodi's salary was already signed on and TWill was promoted from a support staffer so I can see why his salary was so low to start, but when it's time for renewal (which may have even already happened as you said) TWill's salary should be at least where Kodi's is IMO

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Right, just surprising he's making closer to what Horton makes than what TWill makes. 

This quote is from this article back when we hired Kodi (http://arizonasports.com/story/573023/graham-faces-challenges-to-re-earn-sun-devil-nations-trust/): Kodi Burns, the running backs coach Graham hired in January, left to become the co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach at Auburn, where he is expected to more than double his salary. 

A little surprising we more than doubled his ASU salary but I suppose Gus was left scrambling after Craig left. So if I recall, TWill did not come into the fold until after 2016, right? After Muschamp left? If I remember this correctly Kodi's salary was already signed on and TWill was promoted from a support staffer so I can see why his salary was so low to start, but when it's time for renewal (which may have even already happened as you said) TWill's salary should be at least where Kodi's is IMO

Don't forget that Gus made Kodi Co-Offensive Coordinator (at the time, the thought was that was to justify him leaving ASU). I don't know if there is a standard in pay that comes with that or not.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Don't forget that Gus made Kodi Co-Offensive Coordinator (at the time, the thought was that was to justify him leaving ASU). I don't know if there is a standard in pay that comes with that or not.

I seem to recall it was mentioned on here that the Co-OC title was a loophole in Kodi's ASU agreement/contract that if he were to leave for a promotion that the hiring school would not need to pay a buyout

30 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I seem to recall it was mentioned on here that the Co-OC title was a loophole in Kodi's ASU agreement/contract that if he were to leave for a promotion that the hiring school would not need to pay a buyout

Right. I don't know how our athletic department works, but a lot of businesses and organizations have specific pay levels tied to specific titles, so that could have forced our hand on his salary.

11 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Don't worry about T Will. He's still get royalties from this gem:

Tiger Walk YouTube

Archived