Greene VS Jacobs

I'm a white man from middle-class raising and I'm raising my own kids now.

Auburn had a white man running this AD for years with the heavy influence and too many good-ole-boys aiding him in running a severely bloated Athletic Department for a long time.

I feel better about this AD with Greene at the helm than ever before.  It shows that the GOB contingent is slowly waning and fading into the sunset.  It hopefully shows that the AU Administration has turned over a new leaf and they want a representative with absolutely zero former ties to AU.  He's an unbiased man that hasn't been entrenched in AU so damn deep that he can't see the forest for the trees and he hasn't been influenced or swayed by the GOB that his decision making skills are rendered useless in the world we live in today. 

Greene will succeed or fail, but right now he is a breath of fresh air.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, keesler said:

Auburn had a white man running this AD for years with the heavy influence and too many good-ole-boys aiding him in running a severely bloated Athletic Department for a long time.

Preach it.

43 minutes ago, keesler said:

It shows that the GOB contingent is slowly waning and fading into the sunset. 

I would be more inclined to believe they are being pushed out the door, kicking and screaming the whole way. My hope is that this is a conscious effort by Leath and Greene and was exactly what I hoped for when I heard we were replacing the president.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not the best posting location, but worthy of posting*

“To have 14 teams achieve perfect APR scores is a tremendous accomplishment,” athletics director Allen Greene said. “Fielding nationally competitive programs while balancing the demands of Auburn University’s rigorous academics speaks to the extraordinary efforts of our student-athletes, coaches and academic support staff.”

All is well for Auburn's APR scores at https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/All-is-well-for-Auburns-APR-scores-118471018

*All 19 of Auburn's programs passed muster. Mr. Greene has a strong foundation to work with.

34 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Probably not the best posting location, but worthy of posting*

“To have 14 teams achieve perfect APR scores is a tremendous accomplishment,” athletics director Allen Greene said. “Fielding nationally competitive programs while balancing the demands of Auburn University’s rigorous academics speaks to the extraordinary efforts of our student-athletes, coaches and academic support staff.”

All is well for Auburn's APR scores at https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/All-is-well-for-Auburns-APR-scores-118471018

*All 19 of Auburn's programs passed muster. Mr. Greene has a strong foundation to work with.

Not that this has anything to do with OP since it occurred under the previous administration and as noted , AG inherited a solid academic support program.

But....I'm curious how that stuff gets calculated considering how many transfers we've had in some of the sports that achieved perfect scores or high scores.  Maybe we don't get dinged for people leaving a program for "cause". or perhaps it means they were "up to date" academically at the time they left?   

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not that this has anything to do with OP since it occurred under the previous administration and as noted , AG inherited a solid academic support program.

But....I'm curious how that stuff gets calculated considering how many transfers we've had in some of the sports that achieved perfect scores or high scores.  Maybe we don't get dinged for people leaving a program for "cause". or perhaps it means they were "up to date" academically at the time they left?   

Good questions about which I'm clueless.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, keesler said:

Greene will succeed or fail, but right now he is a breath of fresh air. 

AG seems to be off to a good start which is nice to see... but to me the biggest breath of fresh air is....every sports oriented thread does not eventually deteriorate  into a rant on JJ.  That has resulted in what appears to be a substantial reduction in the number of topics and posts on this site. :dunno:

And maybe I've just missed their recent contributions but seems a number of regular posters from the past are on long-term hiatus from this forum now that JJ is no longer on staff... and fewer people are involved in dialog here.   

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AG seems to be off to a good start which is nice to see... but to me the biggest breath of fresh air is....every sports oriented thread does not eventually deteriorate  into a rant on JJ.  That has resulted in what appears to be a substantial reduction in the number of topics and posts on this site. :dunno:

And maybe I've just missed their recent contributions but seems a number of regular posters from the past are on long-term hiatus from this forum now that JJ is no longer on staff... and fewer people are involved in dialog here.   

Oh jeez. Not only is that a wild exaggeration, but it's the offseason. This always happens this time of year.

If JJ has a persecution complex, I'm sure that he- like Gus- is amply compensated to bear the burden of it all on his own. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Oh jeez. Not only is that a wild exaggeration, but it's the offseason. This always happens this time of year.

If JJ has a persecution complex, I'm sure that he- like Gus- is amply compensated to bear the burden of it all on his own. 

Not it's not.....and flushed you out didn't it....:)  

Off season never bothered the anti-JJ crowd...though I know what you mean....the anti-Gus folks are just waiting for football practice to start before they come out of the woodwork. 

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, Win4AU said:

I heard Greene steals peoples lunches from the fridge.  Never a good move.

True but the variety is limitless?

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not it's not.....and flushed you out didn't it....:)  

Off season never bothered the anti-JJ crowd...though I know what you mean....the anti-Gus folks are just waiting for football practice to start before they come out of the woodwork. 

Never been in the anti-JJ crowd, and I'm just one of evidently very many whom you incorrectly imagine to be.

I trust that neither JJ nor Gus whine nearly as much about their dire, awful, pitiable circumstances as their 2-man fan club does on their behalf in every thread on this forum. 

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And maybe I've just missed their recent contributions but seems a number of regular posters from the past are on long-term hiatus from this forum now that JJ is no longer on staff... and fewer people are involved in dialog here.   

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Never been in the anti-JJ crowd, and I'm just one of evidently very many whom you incorrectly imagine to be.

I trust that neither JJ nor Gus whine nearly as much about their dire, awful, pitiable circumstances as their 2-man fan club does on their behalf in every thread on this forum. 

Good starts are not unusual.....look at Terry Bowden?

Only time will tell.

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Good starts are not unusual.....look at Terry Bowden?

Only time will tell.

True...but I'm betting  AG has about 95+% of AU fans wanting him to do well...if that matters...but makes for a happier day when folks seem to be on your side.

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True...but I'm betting  AG has about 95+% of AU fans wanting him to do well...if that matters...but makes for a happier day when folks seem to be on your side.

I agree...........I may be in the minority for believing JJ wasn't a terrible AD ?

On 5/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, lionheartkc said:

I would be more inclined to believe they are being pushed out the door

God willing, Greene will be great for us I believe

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

So, 4% (+/-) want him to fail?

21901689.gif

23 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So, 4% (+/-) want him to fail?

21901689.gif

No......1% think Gus is the AD, 3 percent think JJ is still there...and the remainder believe Bobby Lowder actually runs the Athletic Department.    Can't get a unanimous opinion on anything Auburn...

Just now, AU64 said:

No......1% think Gus is the AD, 3 percent think JJ is still there...and the remainder believe Bobby Lowder actually runs the Athletic Department.    Can't get a unanimous opinion on anything Auburn...

Okay, now THAT makes sense!

Is Bobby Lowder even still alive?

My gosh....did anyone see that OM pitcher has a 15 foot toss to his catcher to get out of a bases loaded situation with 2 outs and throws the ball 5 feet over the catcher's head and 2 runs score to tie the game in the 8th.....

camera switches to an attractive young lady in the stands who is looking at her fingernails.......I'm thinking she must be the pitcher's girlfriend.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

This times everything. Agree 100%. 

If Jay were still AD we would be going thru a basketball coaching search right now. 

Going to be some growing pains but Greene is off to a pretty strong start. 

40 minutes ago, AU64 said:

My gosh....did anyone see that OM pitcher has a 15 foot toss to his catcher to get out of a bases loaded situation with 2 outs and throws the ball 5 feet over the catcher's head and 2 runs score to tie the game in the 8th.....

camera switches to an attractive young lady in the stands who is looking at her fingernails.......I'm thinking she must be the pitcher's girlfriend.

...or the distraction... ?

On 5/8/2018 at 7:41 AM, McLoofus said:

I don't think anyone's saying that we should have hired Greene because he's African-American. Only that it's a good thing in some important ways.

This. No one said anything about hiring Greene because he was black. What I read from @DAG was essentially that Greene is in a unique position to serve as a positive role model and person of influence to all student athletes - but especially to black student athletes. I don't know what's difficult to understand about that statement, and it has nothing to do with "seeing color". Everyone sees color - and that's not a bad thing. 

34 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This times everything. Agree 100%. 

If Jay were still AD we would be going thru a basketball coaching search right now. 

Going to be some growing pains but Greene is off to a pretty strong start. 

He's got a lot of energy. Athletic departments need momentum - he just needs to get the ball rolling in the right direction and then the job gets a lot easier. Glad that he's off to such a great start.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Okay, now THAT makes sense!

Is Bobby Lowder even still alive?

I don't think he is.......God forgive me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Damn. You are on fire in this thread. Good work right here. I laughed. 

Archived