Stidham about to be "turned loose"

WFE12

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree that our route types and combinations should be more diverse.

I agree, and as much as I hate to say it, I'd love to see Stidham in an offense tweaked to feature the WR's like Kiffin was able to do. Granted, I know he had a superior OL, RB and WR corps out there to work with during his tenure at UAt.  He does have a knack for finding ways to get his WR's open and making impact plays, stressing out the opponents' D. 

On 5/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, Zeek said:

Here's hoping. If you were a coach looking to tailor this years team to its players we should probably be pass happy. A quick passing game with short high percentage routes until a burner gets let loose off tight coverage over the top. Slants, drag routes, and simple hooks would run teams ragged. We have the receivers and QB to do it. Our running backs and OL are the question marks.

I know we'll always be a run first team but it might be the year we shift the percentage a little more than usual. We're missing two solid receivers but our Freshman are pretty impressive and we have enough experience.

As much sense as this would make, we are Auburn. Under Malzahn we will always be a run first, run heavy team. He has said as much, even if we are much more suited (talent wise) to be a pass first team. As others have said, hopefully he allows it to be more balanced. 

We have a thoroughbred under center. We need to let the team play to it's strength rather than forcing his will. Will this EVER happen? 2018 will show us. We are much more suited to be a pass heavy team. This season will tell us a lot. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:09 PM, Win4AU said:

With a full year under his belt he should come out more confident than last year.  The offense as a whole should be roaring in year 2 under Lindsey.  Things I want to see

1. Throw it away

2. No more sack fests.

3. No more fumbles inside the 20.  Bama could have been so much worse without that lost score in the first half.  UCF possibly a win without that fumble.

I think we will see a dramatic shift in our sacks allowed. Yes Grimes OLs are better run lines, but we no longer have a coach who's teams have averaged 94th in sacks allowed over the last 4 seasons. That number includes 2016 when our line finihsed 25th for sacks allowed. Without that anomaly, no hand squad has finished above #113 in sacks allowed since 2014

On 5/3/2018 at 9:54 PM, Randman5000 said:

"He's in a good spot"

I see what ya did there. Bravo!

2 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Does JS graduate today? 

Yep

IMG_1160.PNG

On 5/5/2018 at 11:36 AM, WFE12 said:

Yep

IMG_1160.PNG

Cool!

Many thanks.