2019 5* CB Andrew Booth (Clemson)

1TexasTiger

Auburn 'definitely' in mix for No. 5 CB

AUBURN | Archer (Lawrenceville, Ga.) cornerback 

would like to make a commitment soon and one school under strong consideration to receive it is Auburn.

Booth, whom Rivals ranks the No. 5 cornerback in the 2019 class, visited the Tigers again on Saturday along with several family members.

“Auburn is definitely involved (with me),” Booth said. “Definitely one of my top (schools).”

Booth and family met with several Auburn coaches during the visit, including coach Gus Malzahn, defensive backs coach Marcus Woodson, defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and area recruiter Travis Williams. 

“It was my third or fourth visit and it was beautiful,” Booth said. “I liked it a lot. I got to watch film. I got to chop it up a lot with the coaches. Relationships were definitely built stronger with everybody: Woodson, T-Will, Coach Steele, the head coach, everybody. They like my personality, my physicality and how I play the DB position. They like my football smarts and how great of an athlete I am.”

Booth has developed strong bonds with the coaches, particularly Woodson, who is in his first year at Auburn.

“Coach Woodson has that swag,” Booth said. “He has the swag that we (DBs) got. That’s just how he coaches and how he recruits.”

Booth said Woodson is only one reason he is high on Auburn.

“The relationships and the family feel,” Booth said. “And every year they are going to be in the talk for championships.”

It also doesn’t hurt Auburn’s chances with Booth that it received a commitment last week from 

, who is ranked the No. 1 outside linebacker in the class and is a close friend .

“It helps,” Booth said. “But at the end of the day we are two different guys and it will be what’s best for me.”

Booth lists Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia and Tennessee as his top schools. A commitment could come anytime before the fall.

“I want to have (a commitment) before the season,” Booth said. “It could be right before (the season) or anytime (before it).”

Booth plans to return to Auburn in June.

“I’m going to try and make it back June 2,” he said.

Rivals ranks Booth, who is 6-foot-1 and 185 pounds, the No. 5 overall player in Georgia and No. 30 in the Rivals100.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woodson working his cruitin' skills. I hope his coaching has the same effect. I really want him to commit as soon as possible especially building off this last week but he's not one to make haste decisions. I respect this kid a lot. Him and OP are the kind of kids that don't come around often. 

10 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I love being In the Lead! Let's take this guy!

Clemson likely leads...before the visit anyway.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Clemson likely leads...before the visit anyway.

It's tough recruiting in Georgia and fighting the three-headed monster of UGA, Bama and Clemson. There are tons of other programs we battle as well, but the current state of those schools and their proximity to Georgia make them particularly stout.

Very glad to see that he'll be making it up for BCW. This is going to be a rather huge recruiting weekend for us!

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Very glad to see that he'll be making it up for BCW. This is going to be a rather huge recruiting weekend for us!

When is this year's BCW ?

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

When is this year's BCW ?

June 2nd I believe so we have 25 days and 14 hours :Sing:

44 minutes ago, Who's your daddy said:

If he makes it to BCW, I like our chances. I think he makes it to BCW, by the way. Just a lot of positive AU vibe with him now. The next few weeks will tell the tale.

I think most do expect him to be at BCW. Could be one of our most productive BCWs we have had.

Gosh this dude might make the list of one of those recruits for me.

6 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I am now setting AU's over/under of 5* signed in this class at 4. 

Name them...

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Name them...

Booth / Pappoe / Dobbs / Dean could all happen

Cain and Nix should be 5* fwiw 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Cain and Nix should be 5* fwiw 

I thought Booth, Pappoe, Nix, and Pickens

10 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I am now setting AU's over/under of 5* signed in this class at 4. 

Too high IMO. I would set it at 2 w/ Pappoe & Booth.

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Dean is unlikely & a long way to go to be a major threat w/ Dobbs.

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Nix should be 5* fwiw 

Not going to happen unless Barton Simmons gets his head out of his butt.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I thought Booth, Pappoe, Nix, and Pickens

Pickens has a long way to go to be a 5*. Not in the top 120 on ESPN or Rivals. It will be interesting to see where Rivals bumps him at their next update.

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

16 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Gosh this dude might make the list of one of those recruits for me.

Help me out here. If the interpretation correct.

Chad Simmons tweets about Booth's feelings towards Auburn. The leghumper tweets F the barn in response to Simmon's tweet.. To which Simpson tweets to the leghumper "Why so salty?"

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Pickens has a long way to go to be a 5*. Not in the top 120 on ESPN or Rivals. It will be interesting to see where Rivals bumps him at their next update.

Pickens is going to shoot up the ranking in Rivals. Not sure if he'll be in the top 25 but he will be close. 

Archived