2019 5* CB Andrew Booth (Clemson)

1TexasTiger

23 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Help me out here. If the interpretation correct.

Chad Simmons tweets about Booth's feelings towards Auburn. The leghumper tweets F the barn in response to Simmon's tweet.. To which Simmons tweets to the leghumper "Why so salty?"

That was AU commit Jaylin Simpson's "Why so salty" tweet back at the leghumper. 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That was AU commit Jaylin Simpson's "Why so salty" tweet back at the leghumper. 

Right. Fixed. Thanks.

Rivals article behind a paywall titled "Elite DB Andrew Booth is 'very close' to a decision" nice to know it's sounding like it's coming sooner than later. This would be a massive get next to OP.

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Help me out here. If the interpretation correct.

Chad Simmons tweets about Booth's feelings towards Auburn. The leghumper tweets F the barn in response to Simmon's tweet.. To which Simpson tweets to the leghumper "Why so salty?"

IMG_1173.GIF

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Rivals article behind a paywall titled "Elite DB Andrew Booth is 'very close' to a decision" nice to know it's sounding like it's coming sooner than later. This would be a massive get next to OP.

Confusing to say the least...If we could get him to commit to us before BCW and ten have him there to recruit bthat would be great but I don't think he'll commit before BCW. However it goes I really hope he commits to the good guys.

@bigbird DB is your area of expertise...care to give us a scouting report based on what you see in his video? I only saw a couple of plays that he appeared to be athletically superior to the opposition, primarily the one when he jumped in and made a deflection on a well thrown ball without interfering with the receiver. I know the scouts have to have reason to rank him so highly, but I just didn't see it much in his highlights. Am I blind, or is the tape on DBs often underwhelming?

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

@bigbird DB is your area of expertise...care to give us a scouting report based on what you see in his video? I only saw a couple of plays that he appeared to be athletically superior to the opposition, primarily the one when he jumped in and made a deflection on a well thrown ball without interfering with the receiver. I know the scouts have to have reason to rank him so highly, but I just didn't see it much in his highlights. Am I blind, or is the tape on DBs often underwhelming?

I'm not Bird but as far as his highlight video...  His height, length, size, and strength are "elite".  His closing speed, recovery speed, and his on field awareness are superior to many elite players.  For those reason he's rated so highly.  Also you have to realize he's competing against top level teams as well.  

Bird can comment on his technique more so then I can so I'll leave that up to him.

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

I'm not Bird but as far as his highlight video...  His height, length, size, and strength are "elite".  His closing speed, recovery speed, and his on field awareness are superior to many elite players.  For those reason he's rated so highly.  Also you have to realize he's competing against top level teams as well.  

Bird can comment on his technique more so then I can so I'll leave that up to him.

There's not a lot more to comment on. Speed, length, and fluidity.  He opens his hips smoothly and drives on the ball really well.  The best thing I can say is he has very good body control and is fluid in his movements. He also tackles through the ball carrier. 

One thing I did notice is that with his long arms, he separates and holds off the wr blocks and sheds violently on the screens.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There's not a lot more to comment on. Speed, length, and fluidity.  He opens his hips smoothly and drives on the ball really well.  The best thing I can say is he has very good body control and is fluid in his movements. He also tackles through the ball carrier. 

One thing I did notice is that with his long arms, he separates and holds off the wr blocks and sheds violently on the screens.

Agreed about as elite as you can be at corner in high school.  He’s not a blazing speed guy but he plays very fast.  Like I said give me Booth and Stevenson at corner and I’ll be a happy camper plus the safeties we have and potentially will sign.  Watch out our defense will go to a totally different level

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Agreed about as elite as you can be at corner in high school.  He’s not a blazing speed guy but he plays very fast.  Like I said give me Booth and Stevenson at corner and I’ll be a happy camper plus the safeties we have and potentially will sign.  Watch out our defense will go to a totally different level

I agree, we've been "weak" at safety for a decade+.

Are any of these guys being recruited in the secondary good in the Pick 6 variety?  ?

Carlton proving his worth. Coaches are excited about him. They see him as being their shutdown corner. If he can keep it up and have a successful, long career that would be great. Major selling point for guys like Booth. 

42 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Booth has an amazing Happy Mother’s Day Pic tweeted.  If someone could post. 

I’m guessing AU sent out those pics to the recruits? Love it! 

14 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Love our recruiting an marketing department! 

EFE52ECC-B893-49D9-AC50-CCCE4E063669.jpeg

Yup. Nice strategy on their part! 

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

That little kid in the helmet and gloves is adorable!!!  We should hire him to be Recruiting Coordinator.  No one could say no to him.  

46 minutes ago, bikeriderga said:

I am hearing someone in his ear and it is something like original poster (think initials here).

Nice but it's well known Owen Pappoe is in his ear.

20 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Aww, maaaan. This made me smile for like 25 reasons. Thanks for passing along.

43 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Are we sure this guy hasn’t already committed? Lol

To be fair -

He did post two other pictures as well (not shown here) along with ours....One was uga and the other was Clemson. Neither were branded like AU was. 

17 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

To be fair -

He did post two other pictures as well (not shown here) along with ours....One was uga and the other was Clemson. Neither were branded like AU was. 

Yup. My takeaways from this were "What a cool idea" and "What a fun family". You have to assume that uncommitted guys are doing similar things at other schools. 

2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Are we sure this guy hasn’t already committed? Lol

I don't know but are we recruiting his sister too? She looks like she could play too!

Archived