2019 5* CB Andrew Booth (Clemson)

1TexasTiger

4 hours ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Don’t fret we got Coach Bruce Pearl. ?

Oh he got skills on the grill?! Won't believe it if he doesn't have the grillmaster 7's on

IMG_1294.JPG

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Oh he got skills on the grill?! Won't believe it if he doesn't have the grillmaster 7's on

IMG_1294.JPG

That reference was a (very clever) wisecrack by @WaynesAUworld about Pearl's unhappy departure from Tenn. Grilling at his home was involved...

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_1294.JPG

If you ain't wearing these, you ain't grilling.

Or so I've heard.

My gut feeling after eating a huge plate of BBQ at Hog Wild BBQ in Brevard, NC is that Mr. Booth will just say no to Clemson and become a real tiger in Orange & Blue!

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

My gut feeling after eating a huge plate of BBQ at Hog Wild BBQ in Brevard, NC is that Mr. Booth will just say no to Clemson and become a real tiger in Orange & Blue!

NC BBQ is really not so good. Vinegar based sauces, blah, blah blah

I really hope we can land this young man but as some others have said, given our history recruiting big time DBs in recent history isn't so great, I'll believe we sign a 5* DB when I see it... But it would be amazing to get this young man signed up. 

On 5/14/2018 at 6:31 PM, ellitor said:

I know. I edited it. Still won't stop some from fretting.

@ellitor, as you said, you edit posts at times. Could you please edit the OP in this thread to include his recruiting profile and highlight videos? It's strange not having them in this post, especially considering this is a thread on a 5* DB, one of the highest rated DBs we have a very real chance at in recent memory, and one of the best  prep players in the nation.

Seems like he should have the same kind of thread as most. I don't know who else to ask this of, and it should really be done in my opinion...

37 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I really hope we can land this young man but as some others have said, given our history recruiting big time DBs in recent history isn't so great, I'll believe we sign a 5* DB when I see it... But it would be amazing to get this young man signed up. 

@ellitor, as you said, you edit posts at times. Could you please edit the OP in this thread to include his recruiting profile and highlight videos? It's strange not having them in this post, especially considering this is a thread on a 5* DB, one of the highest rated DBs we have a very real chance at in recent memory, and one of the best  prep players in the nation.

Seems like he should have the same kind of thread as most. I don't know who else to ask this of, and it should really be done in my opinion...

Remind me tomorrow. I’m in bed & I can’t do all that from my phone.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

not a fan of it myself:eek2:

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

That’s primarily Eastern NC ‘Que. Western (where @doc4aday lives) is a tomato based hybrid of NC, TN, and northern GA and AL BBQ 

3 hours ago, EclecticTiger said:

That’s primarily Eastern NC ‘Que. Western (where @doc4aday lives) is a tomato based hybrid of NC, TN, and northern GA and AL BBQ 

Sonny's BBQ is a NC franchise  that is vinegar based and it is awful . Finally got a "real" bbq place in Jim-n-Nicks here in Charlotte. City BBQ isnt bad either being its out of Ohio. Sorry for derailing....

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:19 AM, tbone4jc said:

Sonny's BBQ is a NC franchise  that is vinegar based and it is awful . Finally got a "real" bbq place in Jim-n-Nicks here in Charlotte. City BBQ isnt bad either being its out of Ohio. Sorry for derailing....

Sonnys is born, bred and typical of central Florida (Gainesville) BBQ, regardless where its corp hq might be right now. To each his own.

All due respect, you can't indict a region's BBQ based off of a big chain. 

There's a bluegrass festival held in Wilkesboro each year called Merlefest and most of the concessions are provided by local non-profits. Every year I used to look forward to the BBQ chicken with vinegar sauce. Absolutely killer.

I still haven't had Lexington (NC) cue. Bucket list.

I love BBQ fellas but we have a BBQ Boys club now all that talk can be done in.

Man I hope we land Booth. Can't find it in Gif form soo...

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I love BBQ fellas but we have a BBQ Boys club now all that talk can be done in.

Man I hope we land Booth. Can't find it in Gif form soo...

Oh...Billy Billy Billy boy...

4 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

When in Charlotte try Mac’s Speed Shop, and Midwood Smokehouse.

In Concord go to The Smoke Pit.

travel for work, and if there is BBQ there I go!

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Remind me tomorrow. I’m in bed & I can’t do all that from my phone.

Friendly reminder about getting recruiting profile and videos in the OP with an edit

56 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Friendly reminder about getting recruiting profile and videos in the OP with an edit

LOL. Friendly reminder would have been enough.

20 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I had the western BBQ and it was yummy!

Yeah, I'm afraid I don't get the comparison. Not only is KC a safety, he's a pretty huge one.

That said, signing Booth would make me just as happy as signing the next Chancellor.

Archived