2019 5* CB Andrew Booth (Clemson)

1TexasTiger

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Booth is a CB. KC was a Safety.

I know the difference in positions. He reminds me of Kam by the way he is just destroying people. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I'm afraid I don't get the comparison. Not only is KC a safety, he's a pretty huge one.

That said, signing Booth would make me just as happy as signing the next Chancellor.

I was talking about how violently Booth tackles. He is making his opponents look stupidly weak. He is just running over them. That's where the KC comparison is coming from. 

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I know the difference in positions. He reminds me of Kam by the way he is just destroying people. 

I was talking about how violently Booth tackles. He is making his opponents look stupidly weak. He is just running over them. That's where the KC comparison is coming from. 

10-4

I really want this young man, but the more I read about his recruitment, the more I'm reminded of Justin Ross and the countless others we have gone head to head with Clemson over, and lost... I'm not giving up... I just don't like our chances head to head vs Clemson when it comes to recruiting. We havent shown we can go head to head with them for major guys and come out on top. Hopefully Booth starts a new trend. 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I really want this young man, but the more I read about his recruitment, the more I'm reminded of Justin Ross and the countless others we have gone head to head with Clemson over, and lost... I'm not giving up... I just don't like our chances head to head vs Clemson when it comes to recruiting. We havent shown we can go head to head with them for major guys and come out on top. Hopefully Booth starts a new trend. 

This one has been a battle. Clemson on top, then AU surged to the front. Now Clemson has fought back and I'd say it's 50/50 right now. Still think he goes to AU. Dabo has proven he can close. 

28 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This one has been a battle. Clemson on top, then AU surged to the front. Now Clemson has fought back and I'd say it's 50/50 right now. Still think he goes to AU. Dabo has proven he can close. 

Thank you for your insight. I really want this young man. Last cycle, Ross jaded me and heads up recruiting battles when it comes to Clemson. 

Let's hope we can close over Dabo

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We havent shown we can go head to head with them for major guys and come out on top.

giphy.gif

Yeah. It sucks we lost guys like Smoke Monday, Matthew Hill, & Bo Nix the last 2 classes to them as well as Andrew Williams & Monty Adams from earlier classes.. Oh wait! We didn't. We also lead for Booth's teammate Colby Wooden who both teams want very much.

To their credit they mostly beat our tail til recently. They got Ross & McMichael last year, AJ Terrell in 2017, Feaster & Lamar in 2016, Cain & McCloud in 2015, Watson in 2014, & Mackensie in 2013.

Point still remains however, especially recently,  we have proved we can beat them head to head.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

Yeah. It sucks we lost guys like Smoke Monday, Matthew Hill, & Bo Nix the last 2 classes to them as well as Andrew Williams & Monty Adams from earlier classes.. Oh wait! We didn't. We also lead for Booth's teammate Colby Wooden who both teams want very much.

To their credit they mostly beat our tail til recently. They got Ross & McMichael last year, AJ Terrell in 2017, Feaster & Lamar in 2016, Cain & McCloud in 2015, Watson in 2014, & Mackensie in 2013.

Point still remains however, especially recently,  we have proved we can beat them head to head.

You make a great point we do win our share against Clemson but remember fan is short for fanatic and many of us have a problem of remembering the wins and dwelling on the losses.

By the way in that GIF I thought golf was older than that was that picture taken 50 years ago. LOL

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

Don't forget Hyatt. 

4 hours ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Don't forget Hyatt. 

We were never close enough of a contender for it to be a head-to-head battle

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

@ellitor

Ross just jaded me last cycle. If we land Booth maybe that will make me change my view about them. 

Not sure why he jaded you. Besides the false hope Jlee gave on NSD Clemson led comfortably from early season on.

13 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Not getting Vic Beaseley Jr was the one that hurt IMO.  

Seems like we didn’t fight for him much, if I remember correctly (which is worse than fighting and losing, IMO)

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Seems like we didn’t fight for him much, if I remember correctly (which is worse than fighting and losing, IMO)

yuuuuuup He was not highly regarded in the least I believe. No one knew what he would become. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Vic-Beasley-3765/high-school-8309 A whole lot of teams missed on that one.

Was it ever decided which barbecue Booth is headed for this weekend? Whichever one he decides to go to I believe lands him.

2 hours ago, Samau said:

Was it ever decided which barbecue Booth is headed for this weekend? Whichever one he decides to go to I believe lands him.

Going to Clemson's BBQ but will visit AU some time that week also. Also it's next weekend not this weekend. Dead period lasts another 5 days.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Going to Clemson's BBQ but will visit AU some time that week also. Also it's next weekend not this weekend. Dead period lasts another 5 days.

Facts:  Alabama BBQ is better than Carolina BBQ.  I think Booth chooses AU.   It’s Science!

On 7/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, ellitor said:

Not sure why he jaded you. Besides the false hope Jlee gave on NSD Clemson led comfortably from early season on.

JLee is the worst "recruiting expert" in the business. Still can't believe he has a job doing this. 

On 7/19/2018 at 6:07 AM, ellitor said:

That isn't good news. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That isn't good news. 

I said the same thing.  At the cookout he will be around the whole staff with other players just chilling out and having a good time.  A weekly visit to Auburn may mean spending some time with Brown, Steele, or his area recruiter.  I would much rather have him at the cookout.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Like I said before, I hope there is a huge thunderstorm in Clemson that day lol.  

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

JLee is the worst "recruiting expert" in the business. Still can't believe he has a job doing this. 

It's because AU Rivals is the AU beat's version of Tub's Good Ol' Boys coaching club with his coaches. JGT & BMatt do all the real work while JLee occasionally chimes in with info that is wrong majority of the time. If JGT was smart he'd get some fresh blood in there who likes to work in B-Wolk.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

I said the same thing.  At the cookout he will be around the whole staff with other players just chilling out and having a good time.  A weekly visit to Auburn may mean spending some time with Brown, Steele, or his area recruiter.  I would much rather have him at the cookout.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Like I said before, I hope there is a huge thunderstorm in Clemson that day lol.  

Step back from the ledge. He can go to both cookouts. They aren't on the same day.

Archived