2019 4* CB Tyrique Stevenson

Zeek

UGA=AU battle

Quotes from Benjamin Wolk's article you can find here.

“I just love how Auburn is. It’s slower from Miami. Everything is just slower. That’s why I wanted to get back up to feel the experience again,” Stevenson said. “It’s amazing. They sat me down. They talked about me being here. They talked about the ups and downs of the program — mostly the ups.”

“They’re a factor. They’re definitely one of the choices I’m looking into. They’re going to be in my top 10, probably my top 5 when I drop it,” Stevenson said. “I just came in and spent time with my mom. I spent time with the coaches here. I had a really good time and got a good relationship going.”

“It’s playing time. They’re just showing me I can come in and work hard and do what I have to do to be able to play as a freshman,” he said.

Offers include: Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Florida, Arizona State, Baylor, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, N.C. State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Tulane, UCF, Utah

Crystal Ball picks have him 100% to Miami currently but he seemed high on Auburn after his second visit. Sounds like he likes the slower pace up at Auburn than his hometown of Miami. States that there is no 3rd visit officially planned but he does plan to return soon.

It's a 10 hour drive from Homestead, FL to Auburn, AL and roughly a 3-4 hour flight... I think he might be interested at the very least.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like every one of the DB/ATH types we have been recruiting so far are really talented and like the coaches and the Auburn family atmosphere. This kid is a perfect example of that. I know we won't get all of them but so far we are doing great.  With Woodson and Brown recruiting DB's, with T-Will recruiting LB's and others, Garner recruiting DL's, and Steele to help close it looks like Auburn D which was a weakness when Gus came has now turned that around.

When you have a great D you are usually one of the top teams in the Country.  We are getting to the point where we will have elite players at every position on D. Now lets go out and do the same thing on the O-Line because if you have an elite D and a great O-Line anything is possible.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Use links when you quote something Zeek.

Added!

WOW! Kid is not afraid to lay the wood! Kid looks tall too.Whoever gets this kid is going to be very happy.

Quoting from the above link" “I just love how Auburn is. It’s slower from Miami. Everything is just slower. " True story: One time an old guy from Auburn told me he had gone to Miami once, and had seen the ocean. I asked him why he didn't stay there. His answer: "I'll tell you Bossman, my fastest pace was just too slow for Miami, Florida".

There is quite a difference between Auburn and Miami.

45 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I haven't watched Booths highlights yet to compare but this guy looks pretty dang good. He's all over the field making plays.

Sheesh I just finished watching Booth's and Gah Lee. I want him in this class....

IMG_1165.GIF

27 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Sheesh I just finished watching Booth's and Gah Lee. I want him in this class....

IMG_1165.GIF

giphy (2).gifPersonally I like that the pace Auburn seems to fit him more. Miami can't do anything to persuade him on that front lol.

If he comes to Auburn he'll return to Miami and seem like the kindest gentleman that town knows. 

13 minutes ago, amsterjam said:

How many do we plan on taking? We have 2 already, do we have room for 2 more?

The mantra "We're taking (plug in number) at (plug in position) this cycle" is never anything but an estimation. If some top level recruit decides late that he wants to sign with Auburn the number will suddenly expand. If we miss on several of the top targets, the number will shrink.

If your question is "will we take both Booth and Stevenson", the answers is yes, we'd take both of them in a heartbeat.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The mantra "We're taking (plug in number) at (plug in position) this cycle" is never anything but an estimation. If some top level recruit decides late that he wants to sign with Auburn the number will suddenly expand. If we miss on several of the top targets, the number will shrink.

If your question is "will we take both Booth and Stevenson", the answers is yes, we'd take both of them in a heartbeat.

Yeah  I couldn't really see us turning either of these guys down if they wanted in.

That’s especially true given the size and versatility that Flott, Booth, and Stevenson seem to have. Stevenson, especially, looks like a guy physical enough to play Nickel. 

We’re a long long way from landing this crew, but I’d be ecstatic to sign Booth, Stevenson, Sheffield, Simpson, and Flott. 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

To add to it there appears to be room for extra players this year. I think we discussed that we should be able to take 25 but the staff was only looking at signing 22. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

To add to it there appears to be room for extra players this year. I think we discussed that we should be able to take 25 but the staff was only looking at signing 22. 

22 is what they are saying now. Let there be three late happy surprises and the number will be 25 in the blink of an eye.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

22 is what they are saying now. Let there be three late happy surprises and the number will be 25 in the blink of an eye.

Provided the the surprises are late. If they get them earlier then some next tier guys would be left out that the staff may have taken if they had not gotten those surprises.

Or provided the surprises are high priority targets. You might let a second tier target go to preserve a spot, but if Stevenson and Booth and Sheffield commit, we would take all three even if we had two spots "budgeted" for the position. Not saying we actually have two spots for those three. Just using it as an example. If you hit on a higher number of you top tier targets, you take them and sort out the issues later.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Made a huge move with this kid. Porter is doing a great job. As of now he is AU. Kid is a baller. 

We taking him or Booth? Or both? 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

We taking him or Booth? Or both? 

The consensus is we take both if we're able to get both. If we had to choose one, which we don't, it would probably be Booth.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Made a huge move with this kid. Porter is doing a great job. As of now he is AU. Kid is a baller. 

Waiting on @GwillMac6 to chime in with a gif re: Porter....

This kid is a stud.  Would be a great pick up regardless if we land Booth or not.  I think we have a legit shot at both.  

47 minutes ago, fredst said:

Waiting on @GwillMac6 to chime in with a gif re: Porter....

Wasn't Porter lead on fromm as well?

Archived