2019 4* CB Tyrique Stevenson

Zeek

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wasn't Porter lead on fromm as well?

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN CURIOUS ABOUT. Porter arrived with a reputation as an incredible recruiter. As much as we've been talking about T-Will, I'm waiting for Porter to be just as strong an asset (and maybe already is and I've just missed it). Either way,  with T-Will, Garner, Porter and Woodson, we've got some really strong straight-up recruiters (to say nothing of the track record of development with guys like Brown and Grimes).

Me thinks the future is bright.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN CURIOUS ABOUT. Porter arrived with a reputation as an incredible recruiter. As much as we've been talking about T-Will, I'm waiting for Porter to be just as strong an asset (and maybe already is and I've just missed it). Either way,  with T-Will, Garner, Porter and Woodson, we've got some really strong straight-up recruiters (to say nothing of the track record of development with guys like Brown and Grimes).

I'm still not convinced on that Porter recruiter reputation just yet.  I sure hope it provides,.however. 

13 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I'm still not convinced on that Porter recruiter reputation just yet.  I sure hope it provides,.however. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeCoachRankings 40th ranked recruiter in the country last cycle. Very impressive considering he was behind in relationships. We only placed 3 in the top 50. T will at 11, Garner at 28 and Porter at 40.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

It has been said from WDE how good he did last cycle. He was the unsung hero of last years class and did not get the proper credit he deserved. BUT YES!!!!! I am really excited about that core of recruiters we have as well. I think woodson is going to start paying dividends sooner rather than later. Kodi has really turned it around to and is coming in to his own as a recruiter after a rough start.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeCoachRankings 40th ranked recruiter in the country last cycle. Very impressive considering he was behind in relationships. We only placed 3 in the top 50. T will at 11, Garner at 28 and Porter at 40.

Thank you for that.  I am not trying to drive Porter down,.  But feel his recruiting success is only as good as the school he is at.  An Ace recruiter at Auburn should be top 10 to top 15 IMO.  

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

I'm waiting for Porter to be just as strong an asset (and maybe already is and I've just missed it).

You did. He landed 4 4*s & a 3* in the last class recruiting in territorries he didn't already have many previous relationships in the areas w/ schools & their coaches. It's not a video game where you can insert a great recruiter in a new territory & expect immediate magic. For him to do that in year 1 is strong.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

It has been said from WDE how good he did last cycle.

As well as me & you.

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Thank you for that.  I am not trying to drive Porter down,.  But feel his recruiting success is only as good as the school he is at.  An Ace recruiter at Auburn should be top 10 to top 15 IMO.  

See my post above explaining that.

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

DFAD7765-2B1F-4B94-BB86-3DA4B6A776DC.gif

Heck if I know....

Of course I am!!!! I expect you to know this info because you are THE DOC!!!!!

17 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Kodi doesn't sign a couple of his guys if it were not for Porter. Porter is elite. 

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kodi doesn't sign a couple of his guys if it were not for Porter. Porter is elite. 

I’ve gotten the feeling for awhile that Twill, Porter, and Garner are doing most of the leg work in recruiting. Is this an accurate assumption? Just curious

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’ve gotten the feeling for awhile that Twill, Porter, and Garner are doing most of the leg work in recruiting. Is this an accurate assumption? Just curious

Yes in terms of have been. Not sure Garner is going to do much more than work the DL recruiting front for a while at least..

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes in terms of have been. Not sure Garner is going to do much more than work the DL recruiting front for a while at least..

Thanks E, I’ll admit my post was a little sarcastic in terms of, certain people want Kodi, Grimes, etc to get all the credit for recruits, but yet doubt twill/porter.  Which I’m not saying they aren’t doing a solid job at building relationships. Just was curious if my thoughts were correct.

18 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Add Woodson to the list. 

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Add Woodson to the list. 

How many of those heralded MS recruits he is after do you think we end up with? he seems to making some traction with a few! Man that state is L O A D E D this year.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

How many of those heralded MS recruits he is after do you think we end up with? he seems to making some traction with a few! Man that state is L O A D E D this year.

Not sure really. 

52 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Add Woodson to the list. 

Flot giving him some serious love, it sounds like. And if we pull Booth and/or Stevenson...

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Flot giving him some serious love, it sounds like. And if we pull Booth and/or Stevenson...

Flott / Booth / Stevenson would be a nice pull

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Flott / Booth / Stevenson would be a nice pull

Jalyn Simpson still gets overlooked.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Jalyn Simpson still gets overlooked.

Just a 4* committed early and recruiting hard for us. No biggie.

Thing I love about him and Booth is that they're not afraid to tackle. They are willing to knock someone's block off.

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Add Woodson to the list. 

Add Steele to that list.  Remove garner except his area and the DL guys he wants.  Brown may not be an elite recruiter but selling his coaching credentials to a recruit should be very easy.  He might be the best coach/teacher/developer on the staff.   

Archived