2019 4* CB Tyrique Stevenson

Zeek

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Add Steele to that list.  Remove garner except his area and the DL guys he wants.  Brown may not be an elite recruiter but selling his coaching credentials to a recruit should be very easy.  He might be the best coach/teacher/developer on the staff.   

FTR Rodney was a monster beating Bama for Coynis Miller. That can't be overlooked or slighted in any way.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

FTR Rodney was a monster beating Bama for Coynis Miller. That can't be overlooked or slighted in any way.

I said in his area and the DL that he wants he’s elite.  He’s just slowing down now and not doing the heavy lifting in recruiting he used to.  But he still knows how to sweet talk all the mommas 

24 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I said in his area and the DL that he wants he’s elite.  He’s just slowing down now and not doing the heavy lifting in recruiting he used to.  But he still knows how to sweet talk all the mommas 

I know. We may have the same source on that but I wasn't going to state that info publicly.

Just now, ellitor said:

I know. We may have the same source on that but I wasn't going to state that info publicly.

No I don’t subscribe to recruiting services.  I know a lot of the high school coaches and one has a couple connections to the AU staff.

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

No I don’t subscribe to recruiting services.

Me either, but I've heard the same through many I talk with.

Love RG and so glad he’s back at AU but would have been nice to see what he could have done given an opportunity to be a head coach.  Would have had to be somewhere in the South East.  Could you imagine him at Georgia Tech 10 years ago.  He would had an elite staff and dominated CMR in the Atlanta area recruiting 

57 minutes ago, corchjay said:

No I don’t subscribe to recruiting services.  I know a lot of the high school coaches and one has a couple connections to the AU staff.

If it was from a recruiting service I would have said so. I got it from a connected member on here who said it was not to be discussed publicly.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If it was from a recruiting service I would have said so. I got it from a connected member on here who said it was not to be discussed publicly.

Welp. The cat is out of the bag now. Might as well discuss it since this information is clearly not premium even if weirdos do pay money for this kind of information. No offense E, your highness. ? 

48 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Welp. The cat is out of the bag now. Might as well discuss it since this information is clearly not premium even if weirdos do pay money for this kind of information. No offense E, your highness. ? 

It's in the secret PM :drippingsarcasm7pa:

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

It's in the secret PM :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Not a bad guess for a guy who wasn't around when we had a running joke a few years ago. It's in the email.

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

Love RG and so glad he’s back at AU but would have been nice to see what he could have done given an opportunity to be a head coach.  Would have had to be somewhere in the South East.  Could you imagine him at Georgia Tech 10 years ago.  He would had an elite staff and dominated CMR in the Atlanta area recruiting 

Maybe the biggest mistake Bowden made at AU was trying to kick Garner to off the field position. Packed his bags and went to UT until UGA got tired of him raiding their state and hired him away. I had given up hope he would ever return here.

8 minutes ago, CR said:

Maybe the biggest mistake Bowden made at AU was trying to kick Garner to off the field position. Packed his bags and went to UT until UGA got tired of him raiding their state and hired him away. I had given up hope he would ever return here.

Was a big issue and recruiting in general.  He was content on taking daddy’s scraps and way to many tweeners all over the field.

Plus we got smaller and softer every year the further we got away from coach Dye

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Plus we got smaller and softer every year the further we got away from coach Dye

10-3 record with a two point loss in the SEC Championship game was in 1997. All of Dye's players were gone by '97. I never have understood the disdain many AU folks have toward T. Bowden. 47-17-1 record, with the PTB hating him every step of the way. I enjoyed watching his teams at AU.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

10-3 record with a two point loss in the SEC Championship game was in 1997. All of Dye's players were gone by '97. I never have understood the disdain many AU folks have toward T. Bowden. 47-17-1 record, with the PTB hating him every step of the way. I enjoyed watching his teams at AU.

A 2 pt loss? Glad I wasn’t around for that game! 

45 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Upon further review, it was actually a one-point loss. Tennessee 30, AU 29.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Upon further review, it was actually a one-point loss. Tennessee 30, AU 29.

I just woke up. Lol Nice catch.

That game was scarring. I was there. Brutal loss. 

Bowden deserves disdain. If being an Auburn Man means anything, he didn’t fit the meaning. Great, great game coach. By the end, that’s about the only nice thing you could say about him. Loved those teams and guys, but there’s no question that he dismantled this program. 8 wins in his last year and Tubs first year, combined. 

2 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I didn’t start paying attention until maybe 2001, but I have watched the replay on SEC Network. It was intense. Not happy with the way Dameyune publically humiliated his center like he did.

I know this thread has went off the tracks. but there's a reason Tuberville had to clean house and pull scholarships when he came to AU. Bowden had gotten lazy and recruiting was in the toilet. The championship game season of 97 became a 1 and 5(I think that's right) debacle in 1998. Robert Baker, one of the most talented players on the team, was arrested on cocaine trafficking charges and there were other off the field issues. There are reasons Bowden never sniffed another head coaching job remotely close to the AU position.
Apologies to anyone looking for Stevenson information.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Soo this Tyrique Stevens looks like a promising CB.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

E needs to be called “The Compass” for this forum! Thanks E 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

But I toooootally had something awesome to say about something else :(

Archived