Baseball vs. Vanderbilt

Brett Wright with a solo homer over the monster in left and Auburn leads 1-0 after 1 complete.

Mize with 9 strikeouts through 4 innings.  He's just unbelievably fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

4-0 AU

There you go.....that's what I was talking about..   one hour in and AU looking very determined.  
Need to sweep this series ..........

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

There you go.....that's what I was talking about..   one hour in and AU looking very determined.  
Need to sweep this series ..........

Well they are playing at home 64.....so......they do play better.

Auburn just looks comfortable tonight.  I said it earlier....this team does not really travel all that well for whatever reason.

32 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well they are playing at home 64.....so......they do play better.

Auburn just looks comfortable tonight.  I said it earlier....this team does not really travel all that well for whatever reason.

Which is why that MIzz series loss is so painful.....home games that got away.

Looking good tonight though....

Mize finishes with 15 strikeouts and that ties an Auburn record.    Terrific coverage at 1st on the double play the batter before.  What a terrific player.  Auburn wins 4-1.

Bats weren't ringing but CM was tremendous wasn't he..?

One game down and two to go.....

Afternoon game tomorrow......the way baseball should be played..  2 PM start....Tanner Burns I presume....?

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He is as close to automatic as I've ever seen, just remarkably consistent.  Everybody loves to play behind a guy that works fast, throws strikes, never walks anybody and fields his position like a regular.  Oh, and induces a double play with the lead off man on first and nobody out in the ninth...then strikes out the guy who previously hit a home run to close out the game.  For his 15th strikeout.  He was hitting 94 with the fastball in the ninth. 

And when they interview him tomorrow you'll have to strain to hear him and he'll be as humble as a guy who has 7 strikeouts and 122 walks on the season, instead of the reverse.  

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

One game down and two to go.....

Afternoon game tomorrow......the way baseball should be played..  2 PM start....Tanner Burns I presume....?

Thanks 64, gives me time to make quick work of some Pompano in the morning. television?

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well BJ......he is not good enough to pitch for Auburn?

Don’t understand strategy in baseball but I was wondering if a coach would ever elect not to use their best pitcher against someone like Mize in order to try and win game 2 or 3. Simplistic I know

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

Don’t understand strategy in baseball but I was wondering if a coach would ever elect not to use their best pitcher against someone like Mize in order to try and win game 2 or 3. Simplistic I know

Great question BJ. Depends on the coach and personality of his pitchers. I have always loved seeing the best go first game, especially on the road. When one is doing well want to him in a routine. I doubt coaches worry so much about match ups in regular season. A different story in post season.

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

Fellows was not expected to be their Friday starter coming into the season and Vandy has struggled a bit this year on the mound.  Something they've not experienced much in the last several years.  

And by the way, I want to hear about how @SaltyTiger tore up those Pompano tomorrow.. Must be nice, I'll be campaigning for my good friend who is running for state representative.

Archived