AU signee Anthony Schwartz is ... fast

bigbird

10.38 for our second fastest player!

Please be able to catch. :tdau:

I wonder if Schwartz's speed will allow us to throw deep balls a little earlier, since we won't have to wait long for him to get behind coverage.

As for Shivers, I honestly think we're going to see a better version of Corey Grant. And I'm a HUGE Corey Grant fan. 

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder if Schwartz's speed will allow us to throw deep balls a little earlier, since we won't have to wait long for him to get behind coverage.

As for Shivers, I honestly think we're going to see a better version of Corey Grant. And I'm a HUGE Corey Grant fan. 

Kick and Punt returns will hopefully be something fun to watch

If either makes a catch with a small gap they are gone as nobody is going to catch them.

I hope we give Schwartz more than 1 route to run. He will be a force on the fly pattern but he will be that much more difficult to defend if he's doing other things also. 

Take Kyle Davis' freakish skills for instance. He only did one thing for us in his short stint here. Even Todd McShay in one of the game broadcasts was like "He's a one trick pony, but it's a pretty good trick" commenting on how he was running the same route 4/5 times.

Why limit ourselves, our offense, and our kids' ceilings? 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

For some reason, I expect shivers to be one of those guys who disappears into a pile of the other teams jersey's and then suddenly you see him bursting out into open field where no one is going to catch him.  I see him as a Josh Robinson type. I realize he's not the fireplug that Josh was, but he seems to have that attitude/heart.

Honestly, I hope the kid has a more successful track career.  He's got a real chance to be special in that arena. 

Hope Stidham can adapt with the deep ball to Schwartz. Please don't make him wait on the deep ball ?. On the other hand there should be no overthrown balls to him. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

“It’s really going to be interesting, because we’ve got two players coming on our offense — one as a running back, one as a receiver — that’s as fast as any we’ve ever had,” Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton said last month. “Their 100-meter times in track are impressive.”…

Shivers plays with power, running through tackles with a ferocity that has to be seen to be believed. He rushed for more than 6,000 yards in his career at Chaminade-Madonna Prep in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

“I saw him play in person in high school in the state championship game and I was pleasantly surprised with how effective he was in-between the tackles, particularly as small as he is,” Horton said. “He really did a nice job there.”

Yet, Auburn is already thinking of using his quickness on the outside.

“I think, obviously, on the perimeter, he’s going to be exceptional,” Horton said. “… I think as far as being someone who can make things happen on the perimeter, I would like to think he can do that.”’

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-shaun-shivers-running-back-role-freshman

5 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

If Shivers gets to the second level, just go ahead and click an additional 6 points. on the scoreboard.

I hope Bramblett has something ready to replace Taillights.

I'm semi-serious. I loved "Taillights" and I anticipate loving Shaun Shivers and I just really hope we can walk away from this with a peaceful solution that benefits everyone. His Twitter handle is @V8Blazing, so maybe we can work with that. Please re-tweet to raise awareness. May the Schwartz be with you.

Image result for fast gif

So is 10.07 an overall high school record in FL or was this just record for class he was running in (which I believe it said was 2A)

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I hope Bramblett has something ready to replace Taillights.

I'm semi-serious. I loved "Taillights" and I anticipate loving Shaun Shivers and I just really hope we can walk away from this with a peaceful solution that benefits everyone. His Twitter handle is @V8Blazing, so maybe we can work with that. Please re-tweet to raise awareness. May the Schwartz be with you.

Image result for fast gif

Contrail might be appropriate ?

26 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So is 10.07 an overall high school record in FL or was this just record for class he was running in (which I believe it said was 2A)

That is a overall state record my guy haha. Not to many people in the nation can run that let alone in one high school division.

I still say he needs to be put in the Eli stove role right off the back until he polishes his route running 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I still say he needs to be put in the Eli stove role right off the back until he polishes his route running 

I'd say that will be Shivers in the Eli/Grant/Omac role.  Shivers is better with the ball in his hand making cuts an using his vision.  Schwartz may play in the slot but I think his future is actually on the outside opposite of a big body WR.  

Still want to see how the Barrett role turns out.  They used him out of the slot and motioned him into the back field with another back and ran some veer type stuff with him plus a play fake to throw and him as a check down.  Also, left him in the slot to go out as a WR.  I could see Shivers in a similar role, could also see a Flex TE in that role as well but motioning into the backfield to be a lead blocker and/or check down in the middle of the field not swing passes like Barrett and Shivers would run.

With the flexibility that we are recruiting in the WR/Slot/Flex TE spots I see a lot of tendencies that can be setup to go the opposite direction in big games to throw off the other teams defensive game plans.   

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'd say that will be Shivers in the Eli/Grant/Omac role.  Shivers is better with the ball in his hand making cuts an using his vision.  Schwartz may play in the slot but I think his future is actually on the outside opposite of a big body WR.  

Still want to see how the Barrett role turns out.  They used him out of the slot and motioned him into the back field with another back and ran some veer type stuff with him plus a play fake to throw and him as a check down.  Also, left him in the slot to go out as a WR.  I could see Shivers in a similar role, could also see a Flex TE in that role as well but motioning into the backfield to be a lead blocker and/or check down in the middle of the field not swing passes like Barrett and Shivers would run.

With the flexibility that we are recruiting in the WR/Slot/Flex TE spots I see a lot of tendencies that can be setup to go the opposite direction in big games to throw off the other teams defensive game plans.   

It is definitely a good problem to have. I just want to see him get on the field in any capacity and unfortunately, I don’t think he will be ready to play on the outside just yet. However, I hope to see his speed being utilized in some form or fashion.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is definitely a good problem to have. I just want to see him get on the field in any capacity and unfortunately, I don’t think he will be ready to play on the outside just yet. However, I hope to see his speed being utilized in some form or fashion.

Special teamer early and hopefully starter or quality rotational guy later in his career.  He's very talented but will have to learn "football" stuff as well.  That's just my prediction I have nothing to go on from that other then watching many track guys try upper levels of football.  

Archived