AU signee Anthony Schwartz is ... fast

bigbird

17 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Special teamer early and hopefully starter or quality rotational guy later in his career.  He's very talented but will have to learn "football" stuff as well.  That's just my prediction I have nothing to go on from that other then watching many track guys try upper levels of football.  

Agreed. I am just so afraid of the straight line speed with special teams, if you get me. I find track guys have great straight line speed, but tend to not be great with agility on returns. They run straight into the pack it seems. Of course there is always exception to the rules. I think he definitely could be utilized on kick off and punt coverage for sure.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Agreed. I am just so afraid of the straight line speed with special teams, if you get me. I find track guys have great straight line speed, but tend to not be great with agility on returns. They run straight into the pack it seems. Of course there is always exception to the rules. I think he definitely could be utilized on kick off and punt coverage for sure.

Kick returns are going to be a thing of the past I'm thinking ......so no worries there.  

Punt return is something special it seems.....first few quick steps one way and then the other to shake off the first defenders.....speed matters of course but from my observations over the years it's those first few steps. 

Meanwhile, in Field,

“Kameron Stutts, a 3-star offensive lineman from Brooks High School in Killen, Ala., is fresh off winning his second straight Class 5A state championship in shot put…Stutts set a personal best at 50 feet, 10.75 inches in achieving victory. He competed and took the medal stand in Gulf Shores while wearing a white Auburn visor”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-kameron-stutts-shot-put-state-titles-track-field

On 5/7/2018 at 8:53 AM, McLoofus said:

I wonder if Schwartz's speed will allow us to throw deep balls a little earlier, since we won't have to wait long for him to get behind coverage.

As for Shivers, I honestly think we're going to see a better version of Corey Grant. And I'm a HUGE Corey Grant fan. 

He is much more physical than most think. He does not go down easily.

7 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Meanwhile, in Field,

“Kameron Stutts, a 3-star offensive lineman from Brooks High School in Killen, Ala., is fresh off winning his second straight Class 5A state championship in shot put…Stutts set a personal best at 50 feet, 10.75 inches in achieving victory. He competed and took the medal stand in Gulf Shores while wearing a white Auburn visor”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-kameron-stutts-shot-put-state-titles-track-field

Kid gives a good interview. 

Hope he is able to run track......been watching some of the SEC championships and AU is almost nowhere to be seen.    Another place for Greene to make a push ight be T and F.   AU was never a national champion but used to be much more competitive that what I've been watching.  We have a couple good performers but the team is not in the top 10 of the SEC .... 

Great race in the 400 by Nathon Allen.....took first with 44.28...best time collegiate time of the season.  :)

Archived