Baseball vs Vanderbilt game 2

Nice win....do it again tomorrow and set up favorable post season situation.

58 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Man a win tomorrow would be monstrous.  AU likely tied for 2nd in the West after today.

Yep.  Ole miss down to their final 3 outs, trailing 10-6 at South Carolina in the bottom 8th.  

In regards to the bullpen, I’d like to see Coker again soon. He’s been good this year save for two outings or so. Gives us a different look as a sidearmer and if we’ve got the option to go to him, Greenhill, or Davis Daniel, the bullpen will actually be in pretty good shape, especially with how well Welby has pitched this year 

53 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

In regards to the bullpen, I’d like to see Coker again soon. He’s been good this year save for two outings or so. Gives us a different look as a sidearmer and if we’ve got the option to go to him, Greenhill, or Davis Daniel, the bullpen will actually be in pretty good shape, especially with how well Welby has pitched this year 

Coker would be good for a matchup late in the game.  Trying to turn him into an inning plus guy has bitten Auburn multiple times this year.  Also, he should be allowed to pitch to zero lefties.  Unfortunately, the ERA doesn't lie at this point in the season and it's up near 5 for him (which, you have a point, unfortunately isn't that far down the list of bullpen ERAs...probably up nearer the top actually).  I'm all for a Davis Daniel long guy though.  The Tanner Burns/Greenhill, Andrew Mitchell/Davis Daniel piggyback could be productive.  I'd like to see Cory Herndon get some more looks down the stretch.  Not a lot of innings this year, and not star stuff, but he does have multiple "out" pitches and a 3.2 ERA so far.  

First pitch at 1 PM CT....Today.....

Need to take this game and build a little cushion before going on the road next weekend. 

AND.....don't overlook South Alabama mid week.    They've had some problems lately and this game will be very important to their RPI

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

First pitch at 1 PM CT....Today.....

Need to take this game and build a little cushion before going on the road next weekend. 

AND.....don't overlook South Alabama mid week.    They've had some problems lately and this game will be very important to their RPI

The last 2 midweek games for us will not be easy. USA at home and Troy on the road.

1 minute ago, WDEKC said:

The last 2 midweek games for us will not be easy. USA and Troy on the road.

Yep and those are games we can't turn our back on ...

13 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Coker would be good for a matchup late in the game.  Trying to turn him into an inning plus guy has bitten Auburn multiple times this year.  Also, he should be allowed to pitch to zero lefties.  

There was a time, when Greenhill and Mitchell were on the shelf, that Coker was THE only option out of the bullpen and we rode him like a rented mule. To the point that his ERA took a beating and he never even frowned from the mound. I’d be willing to bet he’s slightly fatigued right now and Butch will do all he can to get him right for late May and June. We will drfinitely need him. 

Archived