2019 4* TE Tyler Fromm Commits to AU!!!

WFE12

• Younger brother of UGA QB, Jake Fromm
  • 15+ Offers: AU, Colorado State, Florida, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Maryland, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Purdue, South Carolina, Troy, USC, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest, among others.
  • Plans to graduate  in December 2018 and be an Early Enrollee
  • Unofficial Visits to AU, 3/30/18
    • We just talked ball and everything. The coaches really liked me. I like them a lot. I just really enjoy being around them,” Fromm said. “They just need a guy to throw to. The thing they’ve been making clear to me is just they don’t have too many guys recently who they could do that with. That’s pretty much it. They just need someone like me.” [via SECCountry]
  • Picked up AU offer 2/27/18
  • Recruiter: Larry Porter

Three-star tight end Tyler Fromm, the younger brother of Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm, committed to Auburn on Saturday. (Photo courtesy 247Sports)
PC: 247Sports

DZu6hI7VoAATH7y.jpg
PC: SECCountry

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the family Tyler.................many good times to come!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you WFEB12 for setting it up!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a gentleman and a scholar!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Some of the comments from uga fans on his tweet. ??‍♀

Welcome to the family!!!

Edited by AidiAU

Just now, AidiAU said:

Welcome to the family!!!

Ok mods, why did it take my girl emoji and turn it into the above? 

Wow! After watching his brother you know this kid will be on the field. Are we done at TE?

14 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Ok mods, why did it take my girl emoji and turn it into the above? 

Use the emojis in the editor (from smiley face drop down next time ?)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Welcome to the family!!!

Typical dawg's...Much worse for OP.

So, Tyler has a twin brother who was visiting Princeton this weekend. 

Those are some nice family genes! 

6 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

So, Tyler has a twin brother who was visiting Princeton this weekend. 

Those are some nice family genes! 

I was wrong UGA didn't offer him.

I'm just above ignorant on the football recruiting front so don't take this question as snarky, but...Is there anything from the past few seasons that should get us excited about landing star tight end recruits anymore?  I remember everyone was excited about Sal and the offense didn't tailor at him to all last year imo.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

I wanted to see more blocking in his highlights but from what I saw I thought it was good. No more excuses. Let Bo tear it up with this guy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I'm just above ignorant on the football recruiting front so don't take this question as snarky, but...Is there anything from the past few seasons that should get us excited about landing star tight end recruits anymore?  I remember everyone was excited about Sal and the offense didn't tailor at him to all last year imo.

Played more receiver than te I think!

17 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I assume we would have used the position more if Landon had been able to stick around? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

@GwillMac6 and I were once really excited about Landon Rice. I didn’t see a whole lot in Sal though.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

@GwillMac6 and I were once really excited about Landon Rice. I didn’t see a whole lot in Sal though.

5 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I assume we would have used the position more if Landon had been able to stick around? 

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

Played more receiver than te I think!

Thanks, guys.  Hope he's a good one.  I miss the TE in an AU offense.  Also, hope he stays at TE, as I feel over the years Gus has recruited several "hybrid" position guys and just tries to put their athleticism in a spot of need on the depth chart instead of putting them at their natural positions.  Regardless, it's always good to add a highly touted guy to the commitment list.  Welcome, TFromm and WDE

Edited by SCTiger2011

War eagle! Does this hurt us with Luke Deal, the other TE target? Are we planning on taking 2? If we got both, that would be insane. Either way, I like the pickup!! 

• Like 1