Baseball vs Vanderbilt Game 3

Time for some spring cleaning. Looks a little messy, let’s get those brooms out! Andrew Mitchell on the bump. Already a great catch made on a foul ball into the stands by a fan! 2 down in the first, no score.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, Ole Miss is in danger of mimicking Auburns late season swoon last year.  9 outs and 2 runs away from dropping 4th conference game out of 5.  It's much more fun watching them suffer through it though than it was 2017 Auburn.

Estes tries to steal 2nd and gets called out. There is a time-wasting review. Auburn very rarely gets the benefit so why bother? We are owed a few but still don't get the call overturned. It was just too close to overturn anyway but you'd think Auburn might get at least one of those. 

9 up, 9 down for Mitchell.  Stress-free so far.  Not even effectively wild today, he's straight dealing.  Now if we can all collectively exorcise the 4th inning demons for AU Sunday pitching, he could have a pretty special day.

Holland lines out to CF.  Venter scores.  GREAT two-strike approach by Holland.  1-0 AU.

Williams single to RF.  Tigers have runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs for Brett Wright.

Thru 3, AU leads 1-0.  Now the all-important 4th inning for AU Sunday pitching comes.  Andrew seems in full control so far today, so I like his chances of getting through it

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Nothing for AU B4.  1-0 AU

I don't feel good about AU winning this with one run. Time to pile some runs on!

Just now, Mikey said:

I don't feel good about AU winning this with one run. Time to pile some runs on!

Someone needs to alert the boys in the all-whites that you can't have Sunday RunDay without a crooked number or two

At the park and have a side angle so can't tell for sure, but judging by some ugly Commodore swings, I'd guess Mitchell's curveball is at its filthy best today.  If so, that's a nice development to happen in May/June for AU.

CBT does a good job with managing his players. He put Venter at 3rd where he's more comfortable, gave Josh a break, and both he and Anthony have now prospered.

In today's episode of Board Bunt Banter, Holland called upon to bunt the runners to 1st and second, fouls 2 bunt attempts, ends up grounding into a FC.  One out with runners on the corners.  CBT wants a review of the out at second.  Looked like the second baseman might have pulled.

Archived