Baseball vs Vanderbilt Game 3

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

It was a long half inning. Maybe his arm stiffened up? 

Hope so.  It's pretty warm out here so I was hoping he'd keep a good lather going even sitting in the dugout.  Couldn't tell facial expression on the mound, but I'm really hoping he's fine and AU didn't just get snakebit.  Maybe CBT will comment after the game

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Curious....announcers saying the game is "sold out" but half the seats behind the plate are empty.  Is this like basketball where tickets are sold and people turned away who might otherwise attend?  

Greene needs to take a look a that situation.    Too many "sold out" games and weak attendance ....would be helpful to the team to have a real "full house' with the noise that goes with it.  JMO...

Pretty good Sunday crowd but definitely not sold out by the visual definition.  I was really disappointed by yesterday's crowd though.  I remember down the stretch in 2010, Plainsman was as electric as its ever been.  CBT has put a product on the field in such a short amount of time that deserves that same exciting environment.

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Hope so.  It's pretty warm out here so I was hoping he'd keep a good lather going even sitting in the dugout.  Couldn't tell facial expression on the mound, but I'm really hoping he's fine and AU didn't just get snakebit.  Maybe CBT will comment after the game

No they took him out because they want him to be the starter on Thursday. They want to keep Casey on his regular Friday night rotation. Mitchell was never intended to pitch today past the 3rd but his pitch count was lower than expected so they left him in until his pitch count was at their limit. He's fine!

Easy 5 pitch inning for Calvin.  Good opportunity for him to get some confidence back for the homestretch.  He's thrown 1.2 scoreless.  8-0 at the stretch

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Anybody still think this offense is anemic?

C'mon man, only a 7-run inning earlier.  10 people batted that inning.  Real offenses get all 10 home there!

4 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Conor Davis HEATING UP.  3 run homer.  11-0.

I think he's finally 100% healthy and he was definitely hungry for playing time.

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

C'mon man, only a 7-run inning earlier.  10 people batted that inning.  Real offenses get all 10 home there!

Yep, and the Cobra just smoked a lefty....

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep, and the Cobra just smoked a lefty....

I will add an "unless up 8-0" clause to my being able to stomach him facing lefties after today. ?

Thru 7 and a half, Auburn has allowed the #21 team 1 (one, uno) hit.  Maybe these guys can get a number by their name again this week

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think he's finally 100% healthy and he was definitely hungry for playing time.

Maybe people will give Butch some credit some day.  He has handled these guys masterfully.  The SEC baseball schedule is such a grind and this team looks like it is just hitting it's stride.  As you so well know, the previous HC would have run these guys into the ground both physically and mentally at this point.

edit:  I'm not knocking your comment, just adding what I know you have been saying for years now.

Bad throwing error by the Vandy 3B.  13-0 AU.  If Jarrett can put another TD on the board before halftime, it might get Derek Mason's Commodore's to lay down

28 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Anybody still think this offense is anemic?

It was very anemic. Lately, not so much. Let's hope the red blood cell count holds through tournament time.

Archived