Baseball vs Vanderbilt Game 3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWEEEEEEEEP!!! Auburn wins 14-0, improves to 34-14, 13-11 SEC.  Great weekend for the Tigers!

Sweep......very nicely done....just what we needed.   Good intensity all weekend....minimum miss-plays.....great to see that.....so hoping for the same when the Jags come to town...

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It was very anemic. Lately, not so much. Let's hope the red blood cell count holds through tournament time.

9-3 in conference play since the lost weekend in Fayette Nam.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Last two pitches 96 and down in the zone.  He's got plenty of arm talent.  

He sure does. CBT is doing everything he can to salvage this kid's career. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Sweep......very nicely done....just what we needed.   Good intensity all weekend....minimum miss-plays.....great to see that.....so hoping for the same when the Jags come to town...

You may not see it because there will probably be some roster changes. The very important series with Ole Miss starts on Thursday so......you know.....gotta save something for conference play. 

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

9-3 in conference play since the lost weekend in Fayette Nam.

The frozen tundra....

CBT just said Mitchell didn’t stick around to get the game ball as player of the game ... had to bust it over to graduate today!

Talk about a special day

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

CBT just said Mitchell didn’t stick around to get the game ball as player of the game ... had to bust it over to graduate today!

Talk about a special day

Also interesting that he said Casey/Tanner will stay the Friday/Saturday starters the last two weekends to keep their normal routines.  Wonder who Thursdays will be the next two weeks

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You may not see it because there will probably be some roster changes. The very important series with Ole Miss starts on Thursday so......you know.....gotta save something for conference play. 

JMO but they need to take this game seriously too.....still working on ranking and RPI and never can tell about road games.   I can see some roster changes but still think we should put a strong team on the field and win it....too late in the year to look past one team with idea of saving something for a future opponent.   JMO

This team has been nothing short of awesome since the MSU series. We rebounded extremely well from loss last Sunday in Gainesville. I had pretty much given up hope after the Arkansas series, but boy was I wrong!  Whatever Gabe has done for the offense is nothing short of spectacular. Let's take it to the Webles and the Corndogs to close out the season then tackle the SEC tourney and regional! 

47 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Also interesting that he said Casey/Tanner will stay the Friday/Saturday starters the last two weekends to keep their normal routines.  Wonder who Thursdays will be the next two weeks

Andrew Mitchell

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but they need to take this game seriously too.....still working on ranking and RPI and never can tell about road games.   I can see some roster changes but still think we should put a strong team on the field and win it....too late in the year to look past one team with idea of saving something for a future opponent.   JMO

Nobody said anything about not taking it seriously. Good Grief. But this is a BIG weekend coming up and Auburn needs everybody to be sharp. CBT will do everything he can to make sure Auburn wins on Tuesday but he is still having to manage his roster to win in the SEC. I just don't expect to see all the top starters out there all night. 

With LSU beating Arkansas today, Ole Miss and Auburn pull to one game behind Arky for the lead in the west

25 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nobody said anything about not taking it seriously. Good Grief. But this is a BIG weekend coming up and Auburn needs everybody to be sharp. CBT will do everything he can to make sure Auburn wins on Tuesday but he is still having to manage his roster to win in the SEC. I just don't expect to see all the top starters out there all night. 

I know it is a big weekend but playing is what makes players sharp...not sitting on a bench.    Playing 4 games in 7 days is not a burden.  As you note, you have to watch the pitching but otherwise most starters should be starting though I would give Wright the day and DH him perhaps.....Every game has the potential to affect where you play in post season and who you play. 

Early in the year it's nice to give the younger players an opportunity to develop but at this point in the season I think the objective is win every game you play.....and if you aren't playing your best players then you are not 100 percent committed.   JMO  

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Last two pitches 96 and down in the zone.  He's got plenty of arm talent.  

That entire last AB was Davis basically saying you can’t hit this fastball at the knees, on the black, at 95-96. And in the other ABs, he was locating everything down and the CB was located pretty well. The coaches and Davis have to be really pleased with that outing. 

Jags sitting at #56 and most likely a lock to finish in 2nd in the Sun Belt.  A win on the road over the #7 team in the RPI would be a huge bump to their NCAA tournament prospects.  They were going to give Auburn their best shot regardless, but they've got some serious additional motivation to fight tooth and nail.  Troy will be even more so next week.  Hoping for the bottom half of the pitching staff to show up big...time for a couple of guys to take a step towards reliability.

4 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Mitchell is my guess to start next Thursday against LSU. We’d be set up like a regular week with normal rest for everyone who worked this Sunday. The more I think about this Thursday, the more I think we may see Daniel or Coker start. With Mitchell throwing 66 pitches, he probably can’t fully bounce back on 3 days rest to give us more than 3 innings. We might go with someone who has the potential to go longer if they get on a roll. And I doubt we would start Greenhill with how valuable he’s been in the backend of the pen. 

Archived