Gus is ranked 16th on the hot seat

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Hahaha!  It's all good, Elko still got his NC ring  - placed prominently on his credenza.

Good point and deservingly so since he is largely responsible for the ghost in the machine mindset that exists there. Whatever they pay him it's a bargain. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm actually surprised at some of the top tier posters *cough* like you *cough*....those "in the know".... who seemed resigned, along with the rest of us skeptics that it's so hard to be Rah-Rah knowing in the back of our minds, who's running the show.

A top tier poster (Thank you for the compliment although I'm not in the know) doesn't = sunshine pumper. Just look at WDE. A number on here say he pumps too much rain.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A top tier poster (Thank you for the compliment although I'm not in the know) doesn't = sunshine pumper. Just look at WDE. A number on here say he pumps too much rain.

I didn't mean to imply "Sunshine Pumper" but rather "Level Headed" who certainly comes with more REAL info and thus "game" than someone like me :beer2:

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Nick Saban with a team full of five star players, elite coaches , the greatest of water boys, the brightest trainers and world acclaim nutritionist could not beat us at Jordan- Hare.

- Spin-zone DAG

Athletic training students must maintain a GPA of at least 2.50.

https://rolltide.com/sports/2016/6/10/sports-med-medicine-education-html.aspx?id=1812

Dangit DAG!! Stop Sunshine Pumping!

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I try to climb back on board, Gus steps in the way. See LSU last year and UCF. Think the UCF game pisses me off more than the LSU game. Gus had just signed the 49M deal and lays a egg. I mean the 2015 Gus egg laying. 

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Said by every fan, analyst, and prognosticator in the country.

Welp...My point being is that this team's talent is that of a 10-2 or maybe 11-1 season IMO. As we all know not every team has that. Some fans have hang ups about the players AND coaching. All I was saying. No need for a snarky remark.

When will we start hiring elit coaches and when will we start signing 5 star players every year.

20 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

When will we start hiring elit coaches and when will we start signing 5 star players every year.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:30 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I try to climb back on board, Gus steps in the way. See LSU last year and UCF. Think the UCF game pisses me off more than the LSU game. Gus had just signed the 49M deal and lays a egg. I mean the 2015 Gus egg laying. 

I lay some of that game at the feet of others. Players gotta play. 

22 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

When we finally hire Turner Gill like we should’ve done years ago. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

When we finally hire Turner Gill like we should’ve done years ago. 

Never forget who the worst Auburn sunshine pumper who always has his head in the sand War Blogle wanted as coach back then! lol

gill.jpg

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Some would say that at $7 million per year, Auburn had better HAVE an elite coach who signs 5* players every year.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Some would say that at $7 million per year, Auburn had better HAVE an elite coach who signs 5* players every year.

giphy.gif

Wow, what a jacket! The Diceman would make an interesting referee dressed in that. There would be some, shall I say, colorful explanations on penalties. 

13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Wow, what a jacket! The Diceman would make an interesting referee dressed in that. There would be some, shall I say, colorful explanations on penalties. 

tenor.gif

On 5/15/2018 at 9:30 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not just chicken sized eggs.  Gus lays the big ol' ostrich or Emu eggs when he lays them.  Can't walk right for days.

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I lay some of that game at the feet of others. Players gotta play. 

The best players can't have success when the plays are run up the middle 500 times.  There is only so much you can do as a player when the guy across from you knows what you are running.

9 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

The best players can't have success when the plays are run up the middle 500 times.  There is only so much you can do as a player when the guy across from you knows what you are running.

I think most of us agree with @autigeremt in that particular assessment vs ucf as there's been a thread or three discussing the players that admitted to not being into the game to players, well A player, who didn't even travel...you know, cuz he was *cough* sick *cough*, etc.

With that said, I also think most of us agree that that was a direct result of the thUga 2.0 disaster.  AU may have beat thUga once, but thUga beat AU twice.

On 5/15/2018 at 5:59 PM, augolf1716 said:

Mean bird....................time out for you

To his credit, he gives a warning in his profile that he is a :moon:

On 5/14/2018 at 3:16 PM, AUsince72 said:

100% in agreement.

I'm actually surprised at some of the top tier posters *cough* like you *cough*....those "in the know".... who seemed resigned, along with the rest of us skeptics that it's so hard to be Rah-Rah knowing in the back of our minds, who's running the show.

Well, how about this:

I recall someone on this forum posting Saban's record (as one example) and comparing it to Gus's at the same time in their respective careers (# years as HC) and Gus looked pretty good. 

Maybe it just takes any HC a given number of years to figure out what seems to us "normal" folks like common football sense.  (Why they get paid millions while learning what so many already know instinctively is a different question.)

It would be just our luck to have the light suddenly turn on for Gus just after we fired him, after paying friggen millions for his development. 

:dunno:

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, how about this:

I recall someone on this forum posting Saban's record (as one example) and comparing it to Gus's at the same time in their respective careers (# years as HC) and Gus looked pretty good. 

Maybe it just takes any HC a given number of years to figure out what seems to us "normal" folks like common football sense.  (Why they get paid millions while learning what so many already know instinctively is a different question.)

It would be just our luck to have the light suddenly turn on for Gus just after we fired him, after paying friggen millions for his development. 

:dunno:

The silver lining here...

With a $49M contract (& I'm sure a substantial buyout) I suspect we'll know for sure what AU really has as a HC when he's done ( whether retires, leaves or is booted out).

On 5/19/2018 at 7:12 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Never forget who the worst Auburn sunshine pumper who always has his head in the sand War Blogle wanted as coach back then! lol

gill.jpg

War Blogle is the WORST. Can we somehow censor his name from showing up on this board? 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

War Blogle is the WORST. Can we somehow censor his name from showing up on this board? 

This is totally not hyperbole BUT THIS IS THE GREATEST IDEA IN THE HISTORY OF AUBURN SPORTS! lol

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is totally not hyperbole BUT THIS IS THE GREATEST IDEA IN THE HISTORY OF AUBURN SPORTS! lol

Ok or better yet:

You know how we had the Marcelo icon in place of the facepalm reaction? We should implement a War Blogle reaction to use for any nauseating, blind faith, sunshine pumping posts

Archived