2019 4* WR Ramel Keyton (Vols 5/16/18)

ellitor

-22 Major Conference offers including AU, Vols, tOSU, Bama, Clemson, Gators, UGA, & Miami
-Plans to commit May 16th
-Another tight battle between AU & the Vols
-Visited AU this past weekend

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Feels like he’s not a take 

old info. He is. Wouldn't have created the thread otherwise.

Ramel Keyton makes one last Auburn visit before decision

AUBURN, Ala. — Ramel Keyton has seen almost all there is for a recruit to see at Auburn.

The 4-star wide receiver from Marietta (Ga.) has been to the Plains countless times in the last two years, including games, recruiting events and solo visits. That’s given him an opportunity to check out the football facilities, dorms, academic buildings and all the other parts of campus that will help him make his decision.

Keyton has met with coaches in the past — Gus Malzahn, offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey and wide receivers coach Kodi Burns — and had many conversations with all of them. On his junior day visit earlier this spring, Keyton and his family spoke with linebacker Deshaun Davis about the student-athlete experience well past the conclusion of the event.

Still, after Keyton’s most recent visit to Auburn — likely to be his last recruiting visit before committing May 16 — he felt like he took something away from the experience he hadn’t gotten on previous trips.

“We really went into depth about growing up to be a man. We talked about managing family finances, how to prepare for the future, stuff like that,” Keyton said. “It’s about making me into a man, a better person, growing up. It’s not just about football with them. It’s about life. I just wanted to come down one more time and get a better feeling. Last time I was here, it was a long time ago, so I wanted to get a better feeling of it.”

Keyton confirmed his decision is down to two schools: Auburn and Tennessee.

Sometimes he feels like he knows which one he’ll pick, but he’s waffled enough that he wants to take the next two weeks to sort out those emotions. Keyton will announce his decision at the Marietta High School auditorium at 2:45 p.m. ET on May 16.

His connection to Auburn coaches will play a big role in that decision.

“I like getting to talk to Coach Malzahn. I’ve been up there a lot. It’s the relationship with the coaches,” Keyton said. “It’s really like the same thing [as at Tennessee]. I have a relationship with everybody. It’s really about which one I like the best. They’re kind of like tied up.”

One fact can be confirmed: Keyton is a take for Auburn.

The Tigers’ plan all cycle has been to take two wide receivers. George Pickens is the only wide receiver committed so far. But let one thing be clear: There are a few wide receivers who would force Auburn to reconsider the number to take in the 2019 class. Georgia commit Jadon Haselwood is the first to come to mind.

So yes, Auburn will gladly take Keyton now, and that would solidify the two-receiver class. But that won’t deter the Tigers’ efforts to get a prospect of Haselwood’s caliber if the opportunity presented itself.

That’s a good problem to have — and one that won’t present itself until Auburn wins the Keyton recruiting battle with Tennessee, which isn’t finished yet.

“The school I choose will probably be just because I want to be here. It’s that easy. That’s what it’ll really come down to is where I feel I want to be at,” Keyton said.

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Wow I really like that we talked to him about life in that manner. A lot of these kids need way more real life advice and guidance. Football isn't forever.

Also, I'm glad he's a take now. Really like what I've seen from him.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

UT 

Say it ain't so..

tennessee.gif

Yup it looks like 3 recent Crystal Balls to Tennessee... Damn

Not sure what other WR we're considering

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, tigereye78 said:

Has this young man commited anywhere yet? I understand this is the date of declaration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-recruiting-Four-star-WR-Ramel-Keyton-commits-to-Tennessee-118273169/Amp

Went to the Vols. Another loss to them in recruiting. It was expected though for the most part. We'll be alright 

58 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I think he's only committed to Tennessee. Oh well.

No he's also committed to the Lobo's and maybe Navy

Archived