2019 3* TE Luke Deal commits to AU!!! (5/25/18)

ellitor

Updated (5/25/18): Luke commits to AU!

“The overall comfort I had when I was there,” Deal said. “I felt like home when I was there and it still feels like home in my mind. I can see myself playing in that uniform more than the others.”

“Coach (Gus) Malzahn is the best head coach in the nation,” Deal said. “No doubt in my mind. He’s an awesome coach and an awesome man. I feel like Coach (Larry) Porter is the same way. Coach Porter is great. I’ve always had a great relationship with him and Coach (Chip) Lindsey. All three of those guys. The whole staff is super comfortable. It doesn’t feel like recruiting when I’m with them and that’s why I know it’s my place and its the place I want to be the next four years.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Tight-end-Luke-Deal-talks-commitment-to-Auburn-Tigers-118531864

“We were just talking about the tight end need that they have, how I’d be able to play early since I’m going to be a midyear enrollee. It’s awesome,” Deal said about Auburn after his official visit last month. “They’ve been going some H-back and some tight end. They want somebody that can stay on the field and play up-tempo like they like to play. I feel like I can be that guy. They feel like I can be that guy. I really like the offense.”

“Once I’m committed, I’m done. My recruiting will be completely shut off,” Deal said. “No more visits. If I commit, it’s 100 percent.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-commit-luke-deal-notre-dame-clemson

• 15 Major conference offers including AU, Alabama, Michigan, ND, tOSU, Clemson, Gators, UGA, LSU, Southern Cal and Virginia Tech, among others.
  • OVed AU April 27th
  • Chip Lindsey and Larry Porter visited 5/22/18
  • Committed to AU 5/25/18

DeFEexSX0AE4WZ7.jpg

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This kid is a football player period. He plays hard on both sides of the ball.He has good hands some speed for his size and is a solid blocker. Pad level a little high at times but not afraid to get in there and hit somebody. He also finishes his block it is not just hit and stop it is hit and drive. He could be the combo TE we have been looking for. Fromm and him would honestly allow us a two TE set especially once Fromm puts on a little more muscle mass.  At 237 pounds he would not need to add much mass to be an SEC TE. I could see him playing as a freshmen later in the season as he gets to know the system. If we get him since we already have Fromm I can honestly say I am seeing the light at the end of the TE tunnel. It is a shame we will have to wait one more year for these type TE's.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, shabby said:

so we're looking for two tight ends this class? 

Yes 

Deal, Sheffield, and Keyton could all be joining in the next few weeks! Oh boy!

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-luke-deal-official-visit

Priority tight end target Luke Deal received answers he wanted on his final official visit to Auburn

Luke Deal took his official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country

Benjamin Wolk

@benjaminwolk

Posted 2 weeks ago

AUBURN, Ala. — Coming into his Auburn official visit, Luke Deal had questions.

He got his answers.

The Greenwood, S.C., tight end knows what the usage of that position group — or lack thereof — has been the last few football seasons. He understood coming into the visit some of the personnel shortcomings the Tigers have had at the positions in recent years.

But according to Deal, any and all concerns were put to rest through some film sessions with the coaching staff. Wisely, Auburn pulled up some tape of the late great Philip Lutzenkirchen.

“I got video proof and everything, which was more than I expected. They showed me the tight ends they’ve had in the past with Lutz and other guys that have been productive in that spot and the different spots they’ve used them,” Deal said after his official visit. “It was pretty reassuring, and that really was what I was looking for.”

Deal’s official visit to Auburn was his second trip this spring — both times with the whole family.

It also marked his fifth official visit overall with trips to N.C. State, Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame already ini the books.

With Auburn, the official visit gave Deal another opportunity to measure the Plains environment to other schools he’s been to. As is often the case with recruits, Deal dropped the word “family” on multiple occasions to describe the feeling he gets hanging out with Tigers players and coaches.

Tight ends coach Larry Porter, especially, exemplifies that.

“He’s a family man. He’s the type of guy who will do anything for his players. He treats his players like he treats his family. I spent a lot of time with his family too, and they’re a reflection of him,” Deal said. “This visit was really just going in-depth with the culture and atmosphere here. It seems like a great place. It’s a great big family, which is hard to find at this level of college football.”

Deal had an important 2019 prospect hang out with him on his visit.

That’s quarterback Bo Nix.

Nix spent a lot of time with Deal on Saturday. It wasn’t the first time the two were around one another for football purposes, though that wasn’t something the tandem connected until their on-campus encounter.

“He never really thought that he met me, but actually when I was a freshman, we went to a camp together. I was a QB, and I actually threw with him. I didn’t know he was going to blow up the way that he did, and he didn’t know me very much,” Deal said. “But he’s a great dude. You can tell he wants to win, wants to win early and believes in this football program.”

Deal confirmed he’ll be ready to make his decision on May 25, which has been his commitment date for a while. He expects Auburn will be the last visit he takes before that announcement. Deal said his May 25 pick will be final. He’ll shut everything down until he enrolls early in January.

Reaffirms the May 25th deadline

We're supposed to be his last visit

Spent a lot of time with Bo Nix

FWIW he recently received a CB to Notre Dame

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

FWIW he recently received a CB to Notre Dame

From the 247 ND reporter. It's a valid pick. They are very much a threat.

• Like 1

I sure hope Auburn is a big factor in Luke's recruiting. We need 2 big tight ends in this 2019 class.

19 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I sure hope Auburn is a big factor in Luke's recruiting. We need 2 big tight ends in this 2019 class.

We seem to lead but it's no guarantee

51 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We seem to lead but it's no guarantee

Clemson has gotten back in it & they worry everyone involved.

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Clemson has gotten back in it & they worry everyone involved.

dontdothistome.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Getting Deal and Fromm would be 2 great TE commits for Auburn.

TE is a football position.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

What are the CBs and the reading through the tea leaves saying? 

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What are the CBs and the reading through the tea leaves saying? 

CB Picks:
Auburn 40%

Clemson 30%

Notre Dame 10%

Cloudy 20%

Not a lot of recent CB picks but Keith has him going to us FWIW

Lindsey and Porter visited him today. I don't know much outside of that.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Zeek said:

CB Picks:
Auburn 40%

Clemson 30%

Notre Dame 10%

Cloudy 20%

Not a lot of recent CB picks but Keith has him going to us FWIW

Lindsey and Porter visited him today. I don't know much outside of that.

As for the only picks from people who may have info on him: the 2 AU reporters say AU, the ND reporter says ND, & the Clemson reporters don't know.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As for the only picks from people who may have info on him: the 2 AU reporters say AU, the ND reporter says ND, & the Clemson reporters don't know.

Ugh he's totally going to Clemson isn't he

Getting another te would be a big Deal! Sorry ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Getting another te would be a big Deal!

Yes it would. Hopefully The Force is with us on this one.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Leave to the lady to ask the right question.

Haha. Ya'll are my trusted sources (and a few others...)!