2019 3* TE Luke Deal commits to AU!!! (5/25/18)

ellitor

On 5/27/2018 at 7:52 AM, The Plainsman said:

Yeah but can he coach???  Lol.

I will admit I had my doubts and am willing to own up right here and state I was clearly incorrect on Porter. 

I'll second this, I really like when we finish recruiting at a position. It makes me feel like we can start narrowing our focus and really start hammering other positions. So far QB and TE are done!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Can we take this as a pretty solid sign that we are moving more in the direction of Chip Lindsey football?

Let's hope. ;)

It's really nice to poach a good one from Clemson's back yard.  Especially one with an offer list like his.

War Eagle Luke!

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

FYI, Gus's TEs at Arkansas State had more catches in 2012 than Lindsey's TEs at Arizona State were targeted in 2016. Granted, 2012 was a long time ago and CJ Uzomah probably doesn't buy that it's a personnel issue with Gus, but it's worth pointing out. Lindsey is not going to use the TEs a lot, although it might still be a lot more than we've gotten used to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

FYI, Gus's TEs at Arkansas State had more catches in 2012 than Lindsey's TEs at Arizona State were targeted in 2016. Granted, 2012 was a long time ago and CJ Uzomah probably doesn't buy that it's a personnel issue with Gus, but it's worth pointing out. Lindsey is not going to use the TEs a lot, although it might still be a lot more than we've gotten used to. 

My recollection is that Lindsey prefers tight ends in the "h-back" roll over actual h-backs, while Gus prefers to recruit actual h-backs. The fact that we have two tight ends on the board and no h-backs is what makes me think Lindsey is building his team.

Edited by lionheartkc

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Can we take this as a pretty solid sign that we are moving more in the direction of Chip Lindsey football?

Yes. We aren't using or recruiting FBs like Chandler Cox anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Also remember Chip had to go through 4 QBs that year due to injury. Not sure you are going to go to the TEs to often in that situation. Also unless you have done the research then we don't know what kind of TE situation personnel he inherited in his short time at Zona St.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

My recollection is that Lindsey prefers tight ends in the "h-back" roll over actual h-backs, while Gus prefers to recruit actual h-backs. The fact that we have two tight ends on the board and no h-backs is what makes me think Lindsey is building his team.

Actual H-Backs as you call them are really Full Backs. That's the type we are going away from.

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actual H-Backs as you call them are really Full Backs. That's the type we are going away from.

I know, but I've never once heard Gus refer to one as a Full Back. I believe he likes to say the H stands for "hybrid".

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I know, but I've never once heard Gus refer to one as a Full Back. I believe he likes to say the H stands for "hybrid".

Fair point. Regardless of label seems like Chip wants guys who can be versatile in those spots.

• Like 1

I feel like a two TE set on the goal line / in the red zone would help with our tendency to stall out in the Red Zone.

It would definitely be nice to have a jumbo package near the goal. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

It would definitely be nice to have a jumbo package near the goal. 

Just no Wild Deal pirouettes for the love of all things holy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Just no Wild Deal pirouettes for the love of all things holy.

The "Flipping From" or the "Dancing Deal" now we're cooking!

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The "Flipping From" or the "Dancing Deal" now we're cooking!

You might Wanya bring the excitement down before you Flott ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/29/2018 at 9:13 PM, Zeek said:

I feel like a two TE set on the goal line / in the red zone would help with our tendency to stall out in the Red Zone.

My thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 5:56 PM, GwillMac6 said:

OHHHHHHHHH would you look at that. Larry Porter gets another 4 star recruit. (4 star on 247 own personal rankings and espn. Rivals really drags his composite score down.) That makes me excited about this get because muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy Larry Porter doing work. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! all right all right all right.  Just continue to chirp about how he is overrated and doubt him. WAR DAMN LARRY PORTER AND LUKE DEAL!!!!!!! 

woo.gif

Holy crap a Bubbles sighting. You may have just become my favorite poster. I LOVE ME SOME TPBs

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't remember but is it Deal that is projecting to play on the OL or the other TE commit? 

You mean hand on the ground TE?  not OL...  I would say Deal would be more hand on the ground then Fromm.