2019 3* TE Luke Deal commits to AU!!! (5/25/18)

ellitor

26 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't remember but is it Deal that is projecting to play on the OL or the other TE commit? 

Haven't heard or seen either projected to play the OL. What I've seen is Deal is the blocking TE in the class & Fromm the receiving TE in the class.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Haven't heard or seen either projected to play the OL. What I've seen is Deal is the blocking TE in the class & Fromm the receiving TE in the class.

Oh good! Even more ways to identity our tendencies

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's me putting it in EA Sports football video game terms. Not necessarily AU terms although I wouldn't be surprised if Gus did that.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Was Deal. JB is projecting him to play on the OL. Not kidding. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

I don't know about all that.  Haven't heard that anywhere.  I kind of saw him more as the 2back set H-back, hand on the ground TE, and sometime the Flex-TE but he is a very physical blocker but haven't heard he's a project OL.  

22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Does this have to do with how weak we are at OL?

What this are you referring to? There are a few things being discussed here.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What this are you referring to? There are a few things being discussed here.

Lol my bad. The idea that he may be moved to OL. Is this decision being influenced by our woes on the OL?

Just now, Tiger said:

Lol my bad. The idea that he may be moved to OL. Is this decision being influenced by our woes on the OL?

Don't think so. Still going to take 4-5 OL this class.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Lets just have a QB who passes and another one who is the runner then we're set.......just keep bringing me down bird

• Like 2

@Auburn Kev when articles are free like this one go ahead & post the article if you don't mind. Not every browser embeds tweets well & some people have ad blockers or tracking enabled which kind of blocks embedded tweets.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Auburn Kev when articles are free like this one go ahead & post the article if you don't mind. Not every browser embeds tweets well & some people have ad blockers or tracking enabled which kind of blocks embedded tweets.

I was going to post the article, but it appeared to be a summation of the video. Also, on my laptop the video was behaving like it was autoplay and I was skeptical of posting.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, alexava said:

Just heard he already tore his ACL? 

This . I believe he had surgery yesterday. I’m probably wrong though

On 11/14/2018 at 11:25 AM, Tiger said:

Back in the day it was pretty common to bring in big TEs and turn them into tackles....might have a candidate or two this year?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, alexava said:

Just heard he already tore his ACL? 

The TE position is a special level of cursed for this program. There are just no words. I know we've all been frustrated by the lack of a TE in the offense, and some is certainly on the coaches - but sometimes it just seems like the universe has determined that AU will never complete another pass to a TE under any circumstances...

Just to recap since Uzomah left: We've had one guy get murdered, another accused of rape and dismissed. One who played some as a blocker but transferred out. One who couldn't bulk up that moved to WR. Now we sign a prototypical TE and he immediately tears his ACL. That leaves one guy - Shenker - for 2019. And I believe he was originally recruited more for the hybrid H-back role. (If Fromm is really 215 lbs as listed, he'll have to redshirt to bulk up). 

So even if Gus was planning to try to bring back the Lutz/CJU role in the red zone next year, he won't have the players for it. 

Edited by Sani-Freeze
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We also signed Fromm

Listed at 215 - I'm assuming he is slated for a redshirt if they intend to keep him at TE. Maybe he'll be able to contribute early but if so I'm guessing it could be at WR like Canella. 

Just now, Sani-Freeze said:

Listed at 215 - I'm assuming he is slated for a redshirt if they intend to keep him at TE. Maybe he'll be able to contribute early but if so I'm guessing it could be at WR like Canella. 

I could easily see him at 230-40 by next season

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Freshman 15? Somebody get that kid a box of Krispy Kremes, a Momma's Love and a case of Budweiser right away...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just now, Sani-Freeze said:

Freshman 15? Somebody get that kid a box of Krispy Kremes, a Momma's Love and a case of Budweiser right away...

My dude is from South Carolina, headed to Alabama. At 6'4, he can gain 10 lbs just on the drive over. 

• Like 1