Now McCain Blasting Obama Admin.

Now McCain is critical in no uncertain terms of the Obama administration's handling of Benghazi. I agree with him on this but just seems odd to me that he would be so negative near the end his life.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/07/mccain-book-blasts-benghazi-response-as-bureaucratic-covering-hits-trump.html

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Now McCain is critical in no uncertain terms of the Obama administration's handling of Benghazi. I agree with him on this but just seems odd to me that he would be so negative near the end his life.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/07/mccain-book-blasts-benghazi-response-as-bureaucratic-covering-hits-trump.html

No offense PT and just a suggestion. Let the man die in peace. 

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It's from his memoir, which I am going to read upon its release, mind you. Feel like I at least owe him that. 

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I wish he would. As I have said many times he is a Navy hero to this old Navy man

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

It's not "now."  McCain's issues with Obama in terms of policy are not a new thing.  

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not "now."  McCain's issues with Obama in terms of policy are not a new thing.   

But it's good to know they're still friends in spite of their rivalry and policy disagreements.

As an aside, I would love for Barack Obama to perform my eulogy. John McCain the man is so inspirational that it'll be a hanging curve he'll knock out of the park.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

But it's good to know they're still friends in spite of their rivalry and policy disagreements.

As an aside, I would love for Barack Obama to perform my eulogy. John McCain the man is so inspirational that it'll be a hanging curve he'll knock out of the park.

No kidding.  Like him or not, you gotta give him his due.  The man can deliver a speech probably better than anyone in that office since Reagan.

9 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

No kidding.  Like him or not, you gotta give him his due.  The man can deliver a speech probably better than anyone in that office since Reagan.

Agree and stated many times he is one of the better orators of our time.

McCain acknowledges giving FBI the Steele dossier. Pitiful behavior for a U.S. senator no matter who it is. sad to see him diminish his career at the end with his hate for Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/10/would-do-it-again-mccain-writes-about-release-steele-dossier-to-fbi.html

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

McCain acknowledges giving FBI the Steele dossier. Pitiful behavior for a U.S. senator no matter who it is. sad to see him diminish his career at the end with his hate for Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/10/would-do-it-again-mccain-writes-about-release-steele-dossier-to-fbi.html

Why is that pitiful?

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Why is that pitiful?

Because he knew it was BS....

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Is it though? 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

You know that he had such certainty that all the allegations in it were BS that he should have just pretended it didn't exist rather than hand it over to the proper authorities for looking into such things?  

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

You know that he had such certainty that all the allegations in it were BS that he should have just pretended it didn't exist rather than hand it over to the proper authorities for looking into such things?  

I'm thinking it was personal and he saw a  great chance to nail DT.....it had been "public" but he made it official to investigate it.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm thinking it was personal and he saw a  great chance to nail DT.....it had been "public" but he made it official to investigate it.

I think if any of us were in his position, we would have turned it over to the authorities to determine whether it warranted further investigation or not.  Doesn't matter who it was implicating.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I think if any of us were in his position, we would have turned it over to the authorities to determine whether it warranted further investigation or not.  Doesn't matter who it was implicating.

So how did he get this dossier?.  Some one (maybe in FBI)  gave it to him because they knew he hated DT and would go public and it would be "investigated"......he was just a useful tool IMO.

Just now, AU64 said:

So how did he get this dossier?.  Some one (maybe in FBI)  gave it to him because they knew he hated DT and would go public and it would be "investigated"......he was just a useful tool IMO.

That's not relevant.  The only relevant question is, if you came into possession of a dossier with this sort of documentation of potential wrongdoing by the President and others in high ranking positions, would you think you were the best judge of whether it should be investigated further, or would you hand it over to law enforcement and let them make that call since, you know, that's their job and not yours?

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's not relevant.  The only relevant question is, if you came into possession of a dossier with this sort of documentation of potential wrongdoing by the President and others in high ranking positions, would you think you were the best judge of whether it should be investigated further, or would you hand it over to law enforcement and let them make that call since, you know, that's their job and not yours?

You always consider the source....and motivation. 

Mc was not just some private citizen who found this in his mailbox....he was being used and willingly took on the task....after all this was paid Dem opposition "research". ...and he is no dummy.  Knew what he was doing and for whom....

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You always consider the source....and motivation. 

Mc was not just some private citizen who found this in his mailbox....he was being used and willingly took on the task....after all this was paid Dem opposition "research". ...and he is no dummy.  Knew what he was doing and for whom....

Even if you suspected such a thing, the documentation and allegations are too serious to just blow it off.  It's not his role to make determinations on whether such a thing warrants further investigation.  That is the domain of law enforcement.  Regardless of your suspicions, he made the right call.

And here's the thing...if you're being honest with yourself, I bet if that was a dossier that you thought was paid GOP "research" on Hillary or Obama, you'd still believe it should be turned over to the FBI for them to decide if it should be dug into deeper.

I understand CNN and other media had the dossier before he did...his was not a single copy.  Someone was looking for a person to do the dirty work and he was the willing person.  It was about politics...not doing some honorable thing.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I understand CNN and other media had the dossier before he did...his was not a single copy.  Someone was looking for a person to do the dirty work and he was the willing person.  It was about politics...not doing some honorable thing.

Again, not relevant.  The only relevant thing is, you come into possession of documentation and 'research' that seems to implicate the President and/or people working for him in some very serious wrongdoing.  Do you turn the stuff over to the proper authorities to decide if they're bull**** or warrant further investigation or do you just ignore it?  I think you know the right answer, you just don't like it because of who's on which side in this case.  But I also think in your heart you know that if you reversed the roles and it was GOP research on Hillary, you would expect and give full-throated support to it being given to law enforcement to see if there's anything to it.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Good grief.

Everything revolves around Trump.  Just the way Trump views the world.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Maybe this is how.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/05/11/kimberley-strassel-did-fbi-place-mole-inside-2016-trump-campaign.html

Maybe McCain violated Senate ethics. Lots of maybes but the truth is sure as heck relevant to anyone but Trump haters.

Archived