Time for NYAG Eric Schneiderman to step down.

AUDub

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/four-women-accuse-new-yorks-attorney-general-of-physical-abuse

Eric Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general, has long been a liberal Democratic champion of women’s rights, and recently he has become an outspoken figure in the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment. As New York State’s highest-ranking law-enforcement officer, Schneiderman, who is sixty-three, has used his authority to take legal action against the disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein, and to demand greater compensation for the victims of Weinstein’s alleged sexual crimes. Last month, when the Times and this magazine were awarded a joint Pulitzer Prize for coverage of sexual harassment, Schneiderman issued a congratulatory tweet, praising “the brave women and men who spoke up about the sexual harassment they had endured at the hands of powerful men.” Without these women, he noted, “there would not be the critical national reckoning under way.”

He’s resigning tomorrow 

Apparently all the #metoo was just trying to hide what a bastich he was. I am certain we are about to hear a lot more of this. 

Just for the record, this jerk is 63? I think. 

38 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Apparently all the #metoo was just trying to hide what a bastich he was. I am certain we are about to hear a lot more of this. 

Just for the record, this jerk is 63? I think. 

I don't believe it's right to assume the movement at large was trying to keep this under wraps. Ronan Farrow, the foremost reporter in the movement, and the one that outed Weinstein, was the guy that broke this story. He's doing good work. 

Mind you, there are imbeciles coming to his defense, but he's guilty as sin and I'm glad he's out. 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Slapping someone in the ear?  He needs to face assault and battery for that.  I wonder if that's in the cards.

Probably well outside NY's statute of limitations.

48 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I don't believe it's right to assume the movement at large was trying to keep this under wraps. Ronan Farrow, the foremost reporter in the movement, and the one that outed Weinstein, was the guy that broke this story. He's doing good work. 

Mind you, there are imbeciles coming to his defense, but he's guilty as sin and I'm glad he's out. 

I didn't take DKW as saying the #metoo movement was trying to hide this.  I took it as Schneiderman was using the #metoo stuff try and hide his own sins, figuring maybe if he comes out strong in favor of the movement, his actions might not come to light.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I didn't take DKW as saying the #metoo movement was trying to hide this.  I took it as Schneiderman was using the #metoo stuff try and hide his own sins, figuring maybe if he comes out strong in favor of the movement, his actions might not come to light. 

Ah, you're correct. Sorry for the misinterpretation, DKW.

That's absolutely the wrong approach. Here's the correct one.

On 11/16/2017 at 12:21 PM, TitanTiger said:

If I am a man in any position of power, especially politics, right now and I've done anything like this several years ago, I get out in front of it.  I draw up an immediate public apology for having acted inappropriately in the past and that I am a much different person than I was in my earlier years now.  At the same time, I'd be privately reaching out to any woman I specifically remember and contact to apologize personally.  If you let something like this sit in hopes that they won't say anything, it's your funeral.

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That's absolutely the wrong approach. Here's the correct one.

Yeah, and I said that 8 months ago.  Did this idiot really think he was going to slide?  He got way more of an opportunity than others did.

Our country is so full of fences it’s hard to imagine a turnaround. Thank goodness for good Auburn people ?

seriously though....everyday there’s something else popping up. ?

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, and I said that 8 months ago.  Did this idiot really think he was going to slide?  He got way more of an opportunity than others did.

“It’s been a winning strategy for decades. Why stop now?”

-AG Schneiderman, probably

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

I just meant him hiding behind #metoo. 

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

I just meant him hiding behind #metoo. 

Yeah, Titan caught and corrected me and I have apologized for misinterpreting you, and I agree with your point. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Thanks. Correct.

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Thanks. Correct.

It’s like Haggard’s Law, only with sexual harassment/abuse rather than homosexuality. 

56 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

He has resigned as I posted yesterday 3 hours before this thread was started.

Why you so salty that no one wanted to play in your thread?

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

(And should we tell him my thread is 3 hours older than his?)

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just pointing it out. No big deal. Normally Titan picks up on it and combines them. I made my post first that he HAD resigned.

Archived