Old habits are hard to break

Tigerbelle

The NCAA will figure it out too, as soon as Saban's "get out of jail free" card, Emmert, is no longer the boss there.

Alleged quote when he was informed:

"But, but, but...  I don't get it.  At Alabama I could shoot up with no consequences."

We had to constantly hear about his daddy being in jail and how he was such inspiration to Mark, guess that inspiration is gone now.

Look at the list of names in the article. Thomas Davis has won the Walter Payton Man of the Year award. Mark freaking Sanchez got popped. This isn't an indication that he's some kind of criminal. Same as with weed, the only thing that makes him different is that he got caught. And trust me. I hate Mark Ingram. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Look at the list of names in the article. Thomas Davis has won the Walter Payton Man of the Year award. Mark freaking Sanchez got popped. This isn't an indication that he's some kind of criminal. Same as with weed, the only thing that makes him different is that he got caught. And trust me. I hate Mark Ingram. 

NM anyone? I think a bigger issue is that this is problematic in the NFL and they are behind the curve big time in terms of testing. That report which named so many players implicated in this issue slowly got pushed under the rug. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Mark Sanchez taking performance enhancers smacks of desperation to elongate his career (and how does one suspend someone who isn't on a team?). Davis is getting up there in age as well. The rest of them are young guys who have no excuse for cheating.

You know people are going to definitely correlate Ingram getting busted for PEDs and him having his best season last year, whether the two are connected or not.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Mark Sanchez taking performance enhancers smacks of desperation to elongate his career (and how does one suspend someone who isn't on a team?). Davis is getting up there in age as well. The rest of them are young guys who have no excuse for cheating.

You know people are going to definitely correlate Ingram getting busted for PEDs and him having his best season last year, whether the two are connected or not.

Yep. Same with Ingram. Getting up there. Year 8 as a starting-ish type RB in the NFL... not much tread left. Good point about people making that correlation on his uptick in production.

But if the young guys don't have an excuse, then nobody does, and if the old guys do have an excuse, then everyone does. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

But if the young guys don't have an excuse, then nobody does, and if the old guys do have an excuse, then everyone does

My point is the young guys still have gas in the tank. The old guys who are doing it should probably be hanging up their cleats, but at least they can say to themselves, hey, if I don't get caught, I get another year, and if I do, then I'm just back where I was if I hadn't tried it. I also give them a bit of a pass because I imagine they are just trying to get back to what they were before they needed it, instead of trying to be more than they ever were. All of that being said, I don't condone it in any case because it is against the rules and it's not healthy for them in the long run either.

13 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Oh deer, I mean dear. 

On 5/8/2018 at 9:33 PM, Tigerbelle said:

There are +1,500 active players in the NFL and only half a dozen got popped for PEDs.  ?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

There are +1,500 active players in the NFL and only half a dozen got popped for PEDs.  ?

One man's opinion...

Like MLB in the 90's, the NFL don't mind if they use them because it enhances the "product" on the field.  

It only matters when some investigator gets involved and/or it becomes public knowledge.  Then it's "OH, for shame..."

Archived