toddc

Staggering the uat, Georgia games

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What was the argument against a 9 game conference schedule? I remember reading it would give players a chance to play each team in the conference or something, right? I wouldn't be mad at that if that was the case. I mean we play freaking Clemson more than we play our SEC counterpart Florida :dunno:

Yeah whats up with that.....We start getting a little payback for the Spurrier years and they drop us........I'll hang up and listen Pawl......

 

Just being silly.........I still wish we played GA Tech on a regular basis.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




23 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Yeah whats up with that.....We start getting a little payback for the Spurrier years and they drop us........I'll hang up and listen Pawl......

 

Just being silly.........I still wish we played GA Tech on a regular basis.

Just a friendly, cautionary "Heads Up." 

There may be a geezer with a golf club that intrudes your calm.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Just a friendly, cautionary "Heads Up." 

There may be a geezer with a golf club that intrudes your calm.

Eh, just offer him some PBR and he's harmless.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Eh, just offer him some PBR and he's harmless.

The problem with that approach is that he'd probably accept.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Yeah whats up with that.....We start getting a little payback for the Spurrier years and they drop us........I'll hang up and listen Pawl......

 

Just being silly.........I still wish we played GA Tech on a regular basis.

I'd much rather have played Georgia Tech than Clemson during a time when they have been reaching unprecedented heights for them that's for sure!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'd much rather have played Georgia Tech than Clemson during a time when they have been reaching unprecedented heights for them that's for sure!

OR.... Here's another way to look at it...

Maybe Auburn plays them during a time where the AU head coach wasn't experimenting with the 1930's offensive playbook he found one year and the next year play them when Herb Hand didn't take the week leading up to the game off.

I'm sorry......

 

18004190.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Just a friendly, cautionary "Heads Up." 

There may be a geezer with a golf club that intrudes your calm.

Yes I understand golf has a certain love for GA Tech😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiger said:

What was the argument against a 9 game conference schedule? I remember reading it would give players a chance to play each team in the conference or something, right? I wouldn't be mad at that if that was the case. I mean we play freaking Clemson more than we play our SEC counterpart Florida :dunno:

They chose to make the schedules stronger with OOC games against ACC/B12/B10/Pac12 teams rather than taking on another SEC opponent.  The Pac12/B12/B10 play a 9 game conference schedule and no longer play FCS opponents (I know for sure the B10 banned FCS games when they added the 9th conference game.  

I suppose some programs didn't want to make their schedules any more difficult by adding another SEC game?  Saban advocated for a 9 game SEC schedule with one annual non-division opponent and 2 non-division games against rotating opponents.  You'd get to play more SEC East opponents on rotation.  The SEC didn't want to give up the cupcake FCS game, which is ultimately a guaranteed W for most teams.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember eating in an Atlanta restaurant after loosing to Tech.......I swear Tech fans are everybit as obnoxious as the turds.

Edited by kevon67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I'd much rather have played Georgia Tech than Clemson during a time when they have been reaching unprecedented heights for them that's for sure!

Well we lost a couple to some very inferior Tech teams uggggg.......I still like the rivalry

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Well we lost a couple to some very inferior Tech teams uggggg.......I still like the rivalry

We got Tenutaed. Hard. And lost to Reggie Ball. Twice. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Well we lost a couple to some very inferior Tech teams uggggg.......I still like the rivalry

 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We got Tenutaed. Hard. And lost to Reggie Ball. Twice. 

I prefer to think of it as "we lost to that mutant freak Calvin Johnson" instead. Something about that is a lot more calming lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tiger said:

I prefer to think of it as "we lost to that mutant freak Calvin Johnson" instead. Something about that is a lot more calming lol

He did go for 66 and a touchdown in 2005. Once you run the Reggie Ball QB conversion, that comes out to 123 yards and 2 touchdowns. (Ball threw for around a buck fifty in both games, I believe.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He did go for 66 and a touchdown in 2005. Once you run the Reggie Ball QB conversion, that comes out to 123 yards and 2 touchdowns. (Ball threw for around a buck fifty in both games, I believe.)

lol @ Reggie Ball QB conversion. I swear that guy loved to play us! If I recall he wanted an offer from AU but Tubs offered Jason Campbell instead. I could be way off base but I feel like that was a storyline when Reggie was beating us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lol @ Reggie Ball QB conversion. I swear that guy loved to play us! If I recall he wanted an offer from AU but Tubs offered Jason Campbell instead. I could be way off base but I feel like that was a storyline when Reggie was beating us.

Good call. I had forgotten about that but I think you're right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now