Baseball at Ole Miss game 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Really nice opening frame for Davis there.

I am really nervous for DD, and hoping he has a career outing tonight.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Of course I hope Daniel gives us a long game at 10-12 pitches an inning!

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Great pitches by Daniel. Fastball is juiced.

im not a fan of their pitcher at 17 pitches in 2 innings

Tonight would be a total steal of a game if we win.  I'd love it though.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

He tends to pitch better on the road.  The adjustments look good though.  Throwing more strikes with pitches other than his fastball.

2-0 Ole Miss after homer.  Davis proceeds to walk the next one and AU is in danger of one of his mental meltdowns early.   I read all the reasons people had justifying moving Casey, but gotta say I don't agree with it one bit.  You never give away games in the SEC, and despite Daniel's talent, I just feel this is what CBT is doing these last two weekends.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

2-0 Ole Miss after homer.  Davis proceeds to walk the next one and AU is in danger of one of his mental meltdowns early.   I read all the reasons people had justifying moving Casey, but gotta say I don't agree with it one bit.  You never give away games in the SEC, and despite Daniel's talent, I just feel this is what CBT is doing the last two weekends.

It's only the bottom of the 2nd. Don't count the Tigers out already.....

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

It's only the bottom of the 2nd. Don't count the Tigers out already.....

They're definitely not out of it, but I just don't believe they were set up with their best chance to win it either.  Hopefully they overcome and make CBT look like a genius but early returns aren't encouraging.

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

They're definitely not out of it, but I just don't believe they were set up with their best chance to win it either.  Hopefully they overcome and make CBT look like a genius but early returns aren't encouraging.

FWIW, I agree with you 100%.  Mize should be out there tonight.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

FWIW, I agree with you 100%.  Mize should be out there tonight.

Especially with Rollison's struggles in SEC play.  You put even more pressure on him knowing he's going against the best pitcher in college baseball and have Ole Miss on the defensive right out of the gate of a series even though its being played on their own turf.

Rollison's struggling with command here in the second.  AU with 2 in scoring position.  One out.  Need to strike.

4 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Loaded sacks for the freshman Williams

Williams has cooled off a little at the plate lately. We really need him to get going again.

Archived