** 2019 4* CB/Nickel Zion Puckett commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Zion Puckett, mother of “5-star LB” share recruiting insight

The “4-star athlete “ from Griffin (Ga.) Spalding is a “4-star recruit” who can be a “receiver or cornerback” 

I ain’t no math wiz or one of dem English smart people, but sumptn ain’t write hera 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I ain’t no math wiz or one of dem English smart people, but sumptn ain’t write hera 

What's not right?

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What's not right?

Not @AlaskanFAN but I think he may be referring to the grammar. It could be construed as Zion Puckett is the mother of a 5 star recruit. At first glance that is what I thought. 

No, the headline says 5* linebacker, and first line of article says 4* recruit who can play either cornerback or receiver....that is what he was referring to.

33 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

No, the headline says 5* linebacker, and first line of article says 4* recruit who can play either cornerback or receiver....that is what he was referring to.

That's because it's 2 separate stories in 1 article. Zeek only posted the Zion part since this is the Zion thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* CB/S Zion Puckett
17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith CBed Zion to AU FWIW.

That usually means a lot. Thx

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* CB/Nickel Zion Puckett
  • 3 weeks later...

4-star ATH still has AU on top, official visit set

Jeffrey Lee

Four-star athlete Zion Puckett named Auburn his leader after attending Big Cat in June.

A month later, nothing has changed.

“Auburn is still on top,” Puckett said. “Auburn is a good environment for me. It fits me and what I’m trying to accomplish.”

Puckett, from Spalding in Griffin, Ga., has remained in contact with Auburn since Big Cat. He speaks regularly with defensive backs coach Marcus Woodson, as well as coach Gus Malzahn.

“I talked to Coach Malzahn on the fourth of July and I talked to Coach Woodson (Sunday),” Puckett said. “I really like Coach Woodson. I can talk to him about anything.”

Puckett, although he is high on Auburn, doesn’t plan to make a commitment until the fall. He has five official visits he’d like to take before making his decision. One of the visits is already set.

“I have my official visit to Auburn set for Oct. 12, the weekend of the Tennessee game,” Puckett said. “I’ll also take official visits to Tennessee, Ohio State, Alabama and South Carolina.”

Puckett also will take an unofficial visit to Tennessee July 28.

Rivals ranks Puckett, who is six feet tall and weighs 195 pounds, the No. 18 athlete in the 2019 class and No. 233 in the Rivals250.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

I would prefer to see all our top targets at our cookout that day.

• Like 2

I would love to see how many of our targets plan to attend the BBQ. Hope we get some solid commits then. Where exactly if I may ask will the summer feast of champions be held? I apologize folks, but I sometimes get lost following some things so bear or bare...nah just bear with the doc!

4 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Where exactly if I may ask will the summer feast of champions be held?

AU campus.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2018 at 5:03 PM, ellitor said:

Hey Ellitor....are you going to the BBQ?

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2018 at 2:25 PM, WFE12 said:

Puckett, although he is high on Auburn, doesn’t plan to make a commitment until the fall. He has five official visits he’d like to take before making his decision. One of the visits is already set.

“I have my official visit to Auburn set for Oct. 12, the weekend of the Tennessee game,” Puckett said. “I’ll also take official visits to Tennessee, Ohio State, Alabama and South Carolina.”

Seems like a lot of Tennessee.:-\

6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Ellitor....are you going to the BBQ?

Lol. No. I'm not on staff. If I was on staff I would not be able to post about recruiting on a message board.

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol. No. I'm not on staff. If I was on staff I would not be able to post about recruiting on a message board.

gotta love it!

On 7/9/2018 at 5:03 PM, ellitor said:

I agree with E here big time.  Pruitt is selling ice to Eskimos right now.  The last thing we want is Puckett going to their cookout and not ours.  I could be wrong but I don't recall him at Big Cat either.  If recruits choose partly because of relationships and feeling comfortable then we need Zion at AU for the BBQ

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I could be wrong but I don't recall him at Big Cat either

He was at BCW.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was at BCW.

That is good to know.  For some reason I dislike kids going to these events more than an official visit.  Maybe it will rain in Knoxville that day lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

That is good to know.  For some reason I dislike kids going to these events more than an official visit.  Maybe it will rain in Knoxville that day lol

Honestly it seems most staffs Get a lot done at these selected unofficial visit events.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Honestly it seems most staffs Get a lot done at these selected unofficial visit events.

Absolutely.  If you need to talk to someone about a serious matter would you rather do it on Christmas day while everyone is opening presents or at a dinner where the two of you can talk.  

• Like 1