** 2019 4* CB/Nickel Zion Puckett commits to AU!!!

ellitor

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

If you knew my wife you'd know the answer to that.  She would slap me up side the head before she did anything I told her to do

Sounds like my wife/boss

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Sounds like my wife/boss

Happy wife = Happy life.  

The sooner these young bucks realize that the further along they'll be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

@bigbird give us an in depth breakdown of what you see in Zion... Other then Jesus coming in the clouds.  

Also good luck if ya'll are kicking off this week.  

Were Marching to Zion oh beautiful , beautiful  Zion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

@bigbird give us an in depth breakdown of what you see in Zion... Other then Jesus coming in the clouds.  

Also good luck if ya'll are kicking off this week.  

I expect them to lose..........

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, creed said:

There are folks on here that have made jokes about him, but the dude can flat out coach. 

Hopefully Woodson has an effect close to it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Huge huge pickup. Kid is elite. Will be a top 25 player in the nation before all is said and done. Pretty pumped about this one. 

Do tell...

IMG_1432.GIF

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Dude...you put them in the air to celebrate not only the coaching but also the *recruiting* prowess of The Goober!

He is cheesing so hard in the team picture. ?

This definitely takes the sting out of losing Booth. Nice young man who will excel in our defensive back field in the not so distant future.  We are tearing it up with DBs in this class.

Edited by doc4aday
  • Like 1

Hate to rain on everyone's praise parade but this had as much to do with Woodson as Brown. What a get! We got some studs coming in

• Like 1

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

Not sure if serious??

I guess my point is,. Let's say Brown were to leave after this year,. For a lateral move...  He would leave before he could develop these guys he is recruiting to AU now.  That is all I am saying.   He clearly knows how to develop.. But how many kids has he developed that he has recruited.    It is hard to tell with his journeyman history.   Pairing Woodson with him,  I believe adds a level of high end recruiting to the high end developing..  One of which I hope continues past two years.   

Edited by The Plainsman

Awesome Awesome Awesome. This makes the sting of losing Booth not hurt as bad. Sure I still want to see us sign a 5* DB in my lifetime, but for this recruiting cycle, getting this young man's commitment sure helps the hurt of missing out on Booth. 

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

The sooner these young bucks realize that the further along they'll be.

Are you saying their wives would do this to get them in line (Sorry. Had to plug one of the best tag teams in the world)?

young-bucks-gif-9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

give us an in depth breakdown of what you see in Zion... Other then Jesus coming in the clouds.  

I was actually thinking of a Matrix reference. lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Goob is the Man !!!

I love CGB  & he's done good with the safeties in this class. He is coaching the safety positions exclusively now. That being said, Garner & Woodson did the majority of the work to get Zion. They deserve at least as much praise here.

• Like 2

If you knew my wife

If he knew your wife you'd have to put a restraining order out for him.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

@bigbird give us an in depth breakdown of what you see in Zion...

Most of his film is him at receiver, so I can't really go into much detail about techniques, just generalities.  He is faster than quick, although his hips are fluid when mirror stepping and flipping to run with the receiver.(3:15 of highlights).  He is a sure tackler that seems to enjoy contact. He tackles through the ball carrier and does a good job triggering and coming down hill. His ball skills are great and does a great job locating the ball while in the air while remaining in phase with the receiver. There isn't enough film to critique the technical aspects of a DB(e.g. back peddling, hands, or leverages). I know you like him at nickle with his combo of size and speed, but to me, he seems to be a safety in the same mold as Trey Matthews was. Also, he plays with a little attitude and doesn't mind showing up some of his opponents (not a bad characteristic for a safety). Under our DB coaches, whichever position he plays, he will be a big time star for us. JMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Most of his film is him at receiver, so I can't really go into much detail about techniques, just generalities.  He is faster than quick, although his hips are fluid when mirror stepping and flipping to run with the receiver.(3:15 of highlights).  He is a sure tackler that seems to enjoy contact. He tackles through the ball carrier and does a good job triggering and coming down hill. His ball skills are great and does a great job locating the ball while in the air while remaining in phase with the receiver. There isn't enough film to critique the technical aspects of a DB(e.g. back peddling, hands, or leverages). I know you like him at nickle with his combo of size and speed, but to me, he seems to be a safety in the same mold as Trey Matthews was. Also, he plays with a little attitude and doesn't mind showing up some of his opponents (not a bad characteristic for a safety). Under our DB coaches, whichever position he plays, he will be a big time star for us. JMO.

Looks like a safety to me too!   Amazing he still has a year to play before he get's here too.  

Edited by The Plainsman

22 hours ago, creed said:

There are folks on here that have made jokes about him, but the dude can flat out coach. 

Right. Making disparaging remarks about his looks, and dismissing him as a good hire because of it

• Like 1

“The guy may look a little goofy- most of us do honestly”  

Now that is not very nice, please stop talking about Golf and Bird that way.

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Right. Making disparaging remarks about his looks, and dismissing him as a good hire because of it

Omgsh me and the others who called him that were obviously joking and having some fun. Goober Brown is now a AU family LEEEEEEEEEEGEND.  I may of not liked the hire at first. BUT NOW I DOWNRIGHT LOVE IT.

• Love 1

SO who do we attribute this get too? Who was primary? Woodson or the OG Garner?