** 2019 4* CB/Nickel Zion Puckett commits to AU!!!

ellitor

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Absolutely.  If you need to talk to someone about a serious matter would you rather do it on Christmas day while everyone is opening presents or at a dinner where the two of you can talk.  

I was referring to unofficial visit events like aour cook out or BCW as opposed to official visits. Not really understanding your analogy there.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I was referring to unofficial visit events like aour cook out or BCW as opposed to official visits. Not really understanding your analogy there.

I was saying that the unofficial visits like the cookout seem like they are better at times for spending time with a recruit and his family than an official visit.  Is that what you were saying or did I get it crossed up lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I was saying that the unofficial visits like the cookout seem like they are better at times for spending time with a recruit and his family than an official visit.  Is that what you were saying or did I get it crossed up lol

There's as much time spent with recruits & families at OVs as special UOV events. I think the UOV events being more relaxed by nature helps.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There's as much time spent with recruits & families at OVs as special UOV events. I think the UOV events being more relaxed by nature helps.

I agree.  If a recruit is looking for a comfortable feel then I think he will find it at any UOV he goes on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So he didn't announce that he was going to announce it? He just told a recruiting guy who asked? SIGN THIS KID  

;D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

So he didn't announce that he was going to announce it? He just told a recruiting guy who asked? SIGN THIS KID  

;D

Ohhh! Now I get your thing from the other day. lol

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Ohhh! Now I get your thing from the other day. lol

Hah, yeah, meant to go back and explain that...

I agree with your assessment of Puckett in another thread and would be psyched to get him. Loving what's happening in the secondary. 

• Like 1

Just now, War to the Eagle said:

So lost.

I tend to rant about recruits announcing that they will be releasing a top-whatever list, and I ambiguously worded a post on that subject the other day.

Zion Puckett. GREAT name. 

Things still looking real good here & Zion could be a Tiger within 3 weeks or so. All per Keith at AUC.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Things still looking real good here & Zion could be a Tiger within 3 weeks or so. All per Keith at AUC.

I'm not sure Zion isn't a better athlete overall then Booth.  Booth will struggle early because of lack of top end speed.  

• Like 1

Rivals250 athlete Zion Puckett has had a change of plans

Chad Simmons

Not long ago, Zion Puckett talked about releasing a top 10 and taking his five official visits before making his decision, but those plans have been changed.

The Rivals250 athlete out of Griffin (Ga.) Spalding has cut his list to five and he does not plan to wait long before committing to one of those schools.

I will be committing in the next few weeks and I have narrowed my list to five now," said Puckett. "I am down to South Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama and Ohio State.

"I will be committing to one of them soon."

There is a leader with a decision nearing.

"Auburn is on top. I feel like that is the right type of environment for me on campus and I like how they would use me on both sides of the ball.

"I have created bonds with their former players and commits as well."

Puckett said his mind is not made up yet and that he will be at Tennessee this weekend. A decision is likely to come in mid to late August.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, ellitor said:

I will give Jimmy The Snake Pruitt credit for one thing.  That man is selling the honey to the honey bees.  Come be a part of something great at UT.  It will only take 5 years.

11 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I will give Jimmy The Snake Pruitt credit for one thing.  That man is selling the honey to the honey bees.  Come be a part of something great at UT.  It will only take 5 years.

I will let him do whatever he needs to in order to stop letting UGA have a cake walk.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I will let him do whatever he needs to in order to stop letting UGA have a cake walk.  

True.  We need Mullen and Pruitt to step up to make the East competitive.  UGA's schedule is a complete joke.

Sept. 1 AUSTIN PEAY
Sept. 8 at South Carolina
Sept. 15 MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE
Sept. 22 at Missouri
Sept. 29 TENNESSEE
Oct. 6 VANDERBILT
Oct. 13 at LSU
Oct. 27 Florida (Jacksonville)
Nov. 3 at Kentucky
Nov. 10 AUBURN
Nov. 17 MASSACHUSETTS
Nov. 24 GEORGIA TECH

That is a complete joke!  I mean a complete joke.  At least the BCS dinged you for such a sucky schedule.  Now UGA has a Middle School schedule set up for them with no recourse.  

• Love 2

It may be a joke but it won’t be if rhey lose at SC in week 2. The winner of that game wins the East. And the committee will ding them if they don’t win the SEC and there aren’t 4 other resumes.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It may be a joke but it won’t be if rhey lose at SC in week 2. The winner of that game wins the East. And the committee will ding them if they don’t win the SEC and there aren’t 4 other resumes.

They will lose to SC, LSU and AU.  

Just now, The Plainsman said:

They could very possibly do that and still win the SEC Least.

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

They're losing to us but not LSU. LSU will lose 6-7 this year & Ed gets canned. The winner of the UGA-SC game will win the East.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They could very possibly do that and still win the SEC Least.

If SC beats UGA they aren't losing 3 SEC games. The only 2 they have a reasonable chance of losing are aTm & @ Florida.

I don’t think USCe has enough depth to win 10-11 games to win the east.  UGA easily takes the east.

A down UT, UF, and a non recruiting rival that comes now where close to competing talent wise is a recipe for success for UGA.  

Edited by corchjay
  • Like 2

Just now, ellitor said:

If SC beats UGA they aren't losing 3 SEC games. The only 2 they have a reasonable chance of losing are aTm & @ Florida.

I think they will lose several, but that's why they play 'em.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I don’t think USCe has enough depth to win 10-11 games to win the east.  UGA easily takes the east.

Depth ain't as much of a factor in game 2 of a season than if they played later in the season. SC pulls one of those crazy early season home games to get the W much like when they shocked Bama 35-21 in 2010.