ellitor

Little brother of former major AU WR target & current Cane Ahmmon Richards
AU likes him a lot but position TBD
Could become a major RB target soon
16 major conference offers including 8 in the SEC

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @ellitor for making these! I really appreciate it.

I have been wondering what our plan might be at Running Back since there hasn't been a lot of news at the position.

Man I don't know where this kid would ended up but I really like him.  On D he has a nose for the ball and runs through the ball carrier on tackles.  On O he has quick feet and good hands.  Has great size and hands to be a RB.  He doesn't have elite speed, but just quick steps.

8 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Man I don't know where this kid would ended up but I really like him.  On D he has a nose for the ball and runs through the ball carrier on tackles.  On O he has quick feet and good hands.  Has great size and hands to be a RB.  He doesn't have elite speed, but just quick steps.

I put a lot more stock in quickness, explosion, lateral mobility and vision than top end speed at the RB position. I am extremely grateful for the Shivers and Grants and OMacs when they happen, but in the interim, give me a guy who can consistently get to the 2nd level, because almost nobody is going to outrun DBs anyway. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I put a lot more stock in quickness, explosion, lateral mobility and vision than top end speed at the RB position. I am extremely grateful for the Shivers and Grants and OMacs when they happen, but in the interim, give me a guy who can consistently get to the 2nd level, because almost nobody is going to outrun DBs anyway. 

Agreed, though it is nice when they can finish a big run. We have had a few guys be insanely productive at the RB position that couldn't finish big runs and they would get chased down. Doesn't usually matter but you do always wish for a full package at RB.

46 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, though it is nice when they can finish a big run. We have had a few guys be insanely productive at the RB position that couldn't finish big runs and they would get chased down. Doesn't usually matter but you do always wish for a full package at RB.

Hear, hear. They do exist. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hear, hear. They do exist. 

Michael Dyer might have been the closest to a full package that we have had. One could make a case for Tre Mason as well...

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Michael Dyer might have been the closest to a full package that we have had. One could make a case for Tre Mason as well...

I would put Jovon Robinson at the top of that heap. Sigh. 3 guys initially signed as freshmen. 2 great seasons between them. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I would put Jovon Robinson at the top of that heap. Sigh. 3 guys initially signed as freshmen. 2 great seasons between them. 

How sad is it that I had completely forgotten about Jovon as I did a quick scan through my memory.

couldabeen.gif

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I was about to say Tre was just as good between the tackles & faster than MD. We don't have to look that far back though. When healthy Kerryon was a pretty complete back as well.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I was about to say Tre was just as good between the tackles & faster than MD. We don't have to look that far back though. When healthy Kerryon was a pretty complete back as well.

As big a fan as I was of KJ, I wouldn't rate him as a home run threat (unless we're playing Arky State)

As big a fan as I was of KJ, I wouldn't rate him as a home run threat (unless we're playing Arky State)

Gotta remember he was rarely ever completely healthy in his AU career which was a stipulation to my OP.

Just now, ellitor said:

Gotta remember he was rarely ever completely healthy in his AU career which was a stipulation to my OP.

True.

I hope he fairs better with the durability at the next level. I was on his bandwagon early and loudly and I want to see him have all the success in the world. 

My favorite play of Kerryon’s didn’t even count. And that was the TD catch against Clemson that was ruled incomplete. 

True.

I hope he fairs better with the durability at the next level. I was on his bandwagon early and loudly and I want to see him have all the success in the world. 

He’s pretty much at the perfect place to succeed. Lions have Theo Riddick (pretty much a receiver) and Ameer “I once beat Melvin Gordon’s yards record in college” Abdullah. Those two are pretty much it. 

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

He’s pretty much at the perfect place to succeed. Lions have Theo Riddick (pretty much a receiver) and Ameer “I once beat Melvin Gordon’s yards record in college” Abdullah. Those two are pretty much it. 

Ummmm

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, hope they still have a head coach by the time OTAs start.

Very true but I think he will do well in Detroit regardless. Although, I do feel for anyone that has to live in Detroit lol

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Very true but I think he will do well in Detroit regardless. Although, I do feel for anyone that has to live in Detroit lol

He can check out the sick rap battles down at 8 Mile ?

23 hours ago, Zeek said:

You said full package! LOL!

On 5/11/2018 at 12:50 PM, Zeek said:

How sad is it that I had completely forgotten about Jovon as I did a quick scan through my memory.

couldabeen.gif

Great movie....

• 2 weeks later...

The nation’s No. 81 overall prospect, according to the 247Sports composite, has been recruited heavily by Miami, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama and others. He’s listed as an athlete, which in his case could mean running back, wide receiver or defensive back. In the case of many listed athletes, it’s often known which position the player will end up playing at the next level.

There isn’t as much certainty with Richards.

Until this spring, Auburn had recruited him primarily as a defensive back. After coaches went to see him play recently, the Tigers now like Richards at running back — though they like him so much they’d take him at whatever position he wanted to play.

Auburn’s interest in Richards as a running back has caught his attention, too. He told SEC Country that, while he won’t be at Big Cat Weekend, he will visit Auburn on June 16 instead.

That will be at least Richards’ third known trip to the Plains as a recruit. He visited Auburn with his brother, Miami wide receiver Ahmmon Richards, when Ahmmon was being recruited.

“It’s beautiful. It’s really nice here. It’s peaceful. I talked to the coaching staff. They told me really good things about what I wanted to know,” Richards said after his last visit. “I just want to see them be successful really. Success is everything. Once again, it was really what I expected, the atmosphere around the place. It was really nice here.”

The kid is a Swiss Army knife of a football team! I say get him here, plug and play!

10 hours ago, WFE12 said:

“I just want to see them be successful really. Success is everything. "

Different kids have different priorities.

Image result for captain obvious gif

Archived