2019 4* RB Mark-Antony Richards

ellitor

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Guess you know more than this coach.  

You are normally the one that says/implies that our coaches don't know what they are doing. This is a weird comment coming from you. Have the coaches suddenly gained your confidence?

Just now, Mikey said:

You are normally the one that says/implies that our coaches don't know what they are doing. This is a weird comment coming from you. Have the coaches suddenly gained your confidence?

Mikey, I do believe that Gus is in over his head. Way over his head. Think a couple of his offensive coaches are way past their prime, one has been moved off the field. But anyone with a pulse, besides you, can tell that RB has been a problem the last couple of years and has costed AU football games. By the way there are several coaches on the AU staff I have the utmost respect for. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Mikey, I do believe that Gus is in over his head. Way over his head. Think a couple of his offensive coaches are way past their prime, one has been moved off the field. But anyone with a pulse, besides you, can tell that RB has been a problem the last couple of years and has costed AU football games. By the way there are several coaches on the AU staff I have the utmost respect for. 

Whatever. Had you left that final snotty sentence out of your original post, I wouldn't have commented.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yeah. I posted the other day that RB recruiting hasn’t been that bad. It has been pretty bad because the first thing you need to do in RB recruiting, especially in the SEC, is make sure you have enough depth of workhorse RBs which we have failed to do the past few years.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. I posted the other day that RB recruiting hasn’t been that bad. It has been pretty bad because the first thing you need to do in RB recruiting, especially in the SEC, is make sure you have enough depth of workhorse RBs which we have failed to do the past few years.

BUT depth only counts if you use more than "one" as a 60-minute workhorse. CGM  needs to pushed into rotating multiple RB's routinely during a game. And if he has to favor one over another, so be it on occasion. Everyone points to 2017 and KJ's injury as an example. But Gus is Gus and someone I suppose would have to exert some real significant influence to change his stubborn ways.

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Whatever. Had you left that final snotty sentence out of your original post, I wouldn't have commented.

I'd left out the snotty part and not even commented if you were not being a snot. FWIW. 

7 minutes ago, au701948 said:

BUT depth only counts if you use more than "one" as a 60-minute workhorse.

Agreed but that's not a recruiting issue. In the SEC you need at least 3 sure fire feature backs on roster at all times. The most we have had the past few years is 2. Doesn't leave a lot of room for error if there are injuries.

10 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Everyone points to 2017 and KJ's injury as an example.

Agreed & even in that year we only had 2 feature backs on roster which is a prime example of my point.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Guess you know more than this coach.  

The first and only snotty remark in this thread goes to......?  Three guesses and anyone reading this thread will need only one.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Like most things it seems, I think the language in the conversation tends to go to extremes. All most of us are really saying is that RB recruiting hasn't been as good as it could and probably should be. 

Now, RB usage might call for some more extreme language... >:D

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Now, RB usage might call for some more extreme language... >:D

Yeah. The kind not suited for a family forum.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

The first and only snotty remark in this thread goes to......?  Three guesses and anyone reading this thread will need only one.

I’ll claim it,  to shut it down.   Good?

On 1/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU needs to add one more legit TB per a AU coach. The way Bobbie runs the ball will take a toll on him by years end. Have to add more depth there. Got a good one in this class but need to add one more. Been saying for months that MAR is anywhere but AU it has seemed. Seems to be the case. Guess you know more than this coach.  

That's been my vibe from him as well, said so much in the Griffin thread. We should have went harder after Griffin. He'd be a great fit.

AU should sweeten the pot on MAR at this point, Dell McGee dang sure did and it may pay off on NSD - Dell's driving hard on this guy.  I hope AU took him on an extensive tour of our School of Communication & Journalism and pushed the academic advantage AU offers.

11 minutes ago, keesler said:

AU should sweeten the pot on MAR at his point, Dell McGee dang sure did and it may pay off on NSD - Dell's driving hard on this guy.  I hope AU took him on an extensive tour of our School of Communication & Journalism and pushed the academic advantage AU offers.

Scott Fountain is pushing hard for them on MAR too. He's had the longest relationship with the Richards' family from either coaching staff.

9 hours ago, keesler said:

AU should sweeten the pot on MAR at this point, Dell McGee dang sure did and it may pay off on NSD - Dell's driving hard on this guy.  I hope AU took him on an extensive tour of our School of Communication & Journalism and pushed the academic advantage AU offers.

Aside from something illegal, what do you suggest that hasn't already been done? Visiting prospects are routinely taken to any particular schools of interest to meet professors, etc. It's not like coaches, guidance counselors and professors ignore then for two days while they wander aimlessly around the Auburn campus.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Aside from something illegal, what do you suggest that hasn't already been done? Visiting prospects are routinely taken to any particular schools of interest to meet professors, etc. It's not like coaches, guidance counselors and professors ignore then for two days while they wander aimlessly around the Auburn campus.

I'm strictly 100% talking about the illegal/impermissible Mike!  Sweeten the POT

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think that the fact that AU is recruiting MAR to be the next KJ and other teams are pointing out that AU ran KJ into the ground have us in this situation. We still might get MAR but like I have been saying for the past couple of months, sure seems he isn't very sold on AU at all. 

Archived