2019 4* RB Mark-Antony Richards

ellitor

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seems like the Caddy hire would give us more leverage with Cain, which is slightly more than none I'm guessing. 

I thought Cain was signed sealed delivered already?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Cain signed with Penn State. 

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I thought Cain was signed sealed delivered already?

Yup. M'bad. 

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Seems like the Caddy hire would give us more leverage with Cain, which is slightly more than none I'm guessing. 

Actually less than, up to exactly none. 

I bet Trey Sanders from IMG that signed with Alabama is running around kicking his self in the butt:yay:

6 minutes ago, Roos said:

I bet Trey Sanders from IMG that signed with Alabama is running around kicking his self in the butt:yay:

Dude,. If somehow that was finagled to get Sanders to AU... It would be a massive game changer.   Don't see it happening though... But dang... Game changer. 

49 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

247 had MAR a Miami lean over Auburn.

If you are talking about crystal ball picks some of them are outdated.

50 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

My understanding is MAR is #1 and Griffin #2 on the Auburn board?

Correct. May not matter. Looks like GT will get Griffin regardless.

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Caddy would be Gus's best hire period if he strolled into Tuscaloosa and snatched Trey back with him.

Except for Sanders has already signed

Need to send Caddy for an in-home visit with MAR same for Griffin but with Griffin's brother at GT probably wouldn't help.

28 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well let’s get him after Roydell Williams 2020 of Hueytown!

There are other RBs in our recruiting region I like better like Tank Bigsby.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ahh...but who is Gus laser focused on, that’s the question?

11 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Ahh...but who is Gus laser focused on, that’s the question?

He likes Tank a lot.

20 hours ago, Roos said:

Bama sent Butch Jones to comfort him after the coaching departures. I’m sure Kirby was saying I told you so through his own expendables.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

PFFFFFF..... Williams is the real deal. People who get paid for coaching football in that area have been talking about this kid for years. Might have a little window to get back in this one, bama is looking at taking 3 backs this year. So Williams might be open to some other teams. 

Fun to see the top  names being recruited but hope we don't just set our eyes on a couple of them to the exclusion of the many other RBs out there. 

JMO but there are no real "game changers" at RB especially if you are just going to run him a dozen times a game.   QB...yes....but RBs are plentiful and no real excuse to end the recruiting season in a battle with several top schools over one or two guys and not already have the hay in the barn.     Swinging for the homerun has not worked that well for us IMO. 

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Fun to see the top  names being recruited but hope we don't just set our eyes on a couple of them to the exclusion of the many other RBs out there. 

JMO but there are no real "game changers" at RB especially if you are just going to run him a dozen times a game.   QB...yes....but RBs are plentiful and no real excuse to end the recruiting season in a battle with several top schools over one or two guys and not already have the hay in the barn.     Swinging for the homerun has not worked that well for us IMO. 

No game changers at RB?? Fournette, Chubb, Kerryon, McCaffrey, Gurley... those weren't game changers?

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Do what? KJ was one a "game changer". 

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

PFFFFFF..... Williams is the real deal. People who get paid for coaching football in that area have been talking about this kid for years. Might have a little window to get back in this one, bama is looking at taking 3 backs this year. So Williams might be open to some other teams. 

I've seen some high school coaches in our area that say Williams doesn't look to have the upside Tank does. I have no clue. Just passing the info along.

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

No game changers at RB?? Fournette, Chubb, Kerryon, McCaffrey, Gurley... those weren't game changers?

They were very good but lots of others out there did just as well if you look at the stats for any year they were in college.  And who ae the other "game changers" during those seasons that barely played...just saying that swing and misses are costly when you leave other guys on base.   

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

They were very good but lots of others out there did just as well if you look at the stats for any year they were in college.  And who ae the other "game changers" during those seasons that barely played...just saying that swing and misses are costly when you leave other guys on base.   

I agree swing and misses hurt but how can you say Kerryon wasn't a game changer...must less those others guys. Fournette running rough shed through the AU defense a couple years ago and Mathews jumping over him to avoid having to hit him......

And its not about yearly stats that make a person a game changer though those can be indicators.  Its a player who can literally put a team on his back and win the game almost by himself. Like Kerryon did against UGA a couple years ago. You remember those first downs he got where the uga DE was in the backfield and he just ran around him? That is a game changing play by a game changing player. 

Archived