2019 4* RB Mark-Antony Richards

ellitor

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

How on earth do you come to this conclusion?

Because as I have posted numerous times the past week, scuttlebutt is he may have been or may be moving to RB. If he's an RB how is he not a feature back candidate given his size & the physicality he ran with in the short time he was used last season?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because as I have posted numerous times the past week, scuttlebutt is he may have been or may be moving to RB. If he's an RB how is he not a feature back candidate given his size & the physicality he ran with in the short time he was used last season?

I somehow missed all that. Scuttlebut and all...

57 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

what do we do when we lose MAR to UF?  

Haven't seen any indications we will lose him.

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

what do we do when we lose MAR to UF? 

I suppose just suffer along with the five returning and one signee RB that we already have. A top of the line RB is never a bad addition, but it's not like we are in critical need of another warm body at RB.

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I suppose just suffer along with the five returning and one signee RB that we already have. A top of the line RB is never a bad addition, but it's not like we are in critical need of another warm body at RB.

With how Shivers, Kam and Malik freeze to the bench, how do you consider them warm bodies

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

With how Shivers, Kam and Malik freeze to the bench, how do you consider them warm bodies

They are contributors. Shivers can be an every down back if given the opportunity. The other two you mention have their niche to fill. Additionally, next season we'll have one senior, one junior two sophs and two freshmen (one a redshirt) available. It begs the question, "what do we need with a third freshman running back?" Unless he can beat out Whitlow, he'll be doing a lot of bench time too. That's how team sports work, the best guy plays and the others wait for their chance.

Talked to him on Live last night (something I never ever do bc I don’t like talking to recruits), but I asked why he didn’t post AU stuff on his story and he said because what he posts on social media doesn’t really matter in recruiting. Also said he’d wear 21 like Kerryon if he signs with AU.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

They are contributors. Shivers can be an every down back if given the opportunity. The other two you mention have their niche to fill. Additionally, next season we'll have one senior, one junior two sophs and two freshmen (one a redshirt) available. It begs the question, "what do we need with a third freshman running back?" Unless he can beat out Whitlow, he'll be doing a lot of bench time too. That's how team sports work, the best guy plays and the others wait for their chance.

To me we have Whitlow that can be an every down back. We don't know about Joiner yet. Then we have Worm and Kam who IMO are change up backs not every down backs. Miller needs to move to H-back . After that who do we have? We need to add at least two every down type backs in case of injuries IMO.

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

To me we have Whitlow that can be an every down back. We don't know about Joiner yet. Then we have Worm and Kam who IMO are change up backs not every down backs. Miller needs to move to H-back . After that who do we have? We need to add at least two every down type backs in case of injuries IMO.

Disagree about Worm and Miller.

That said, I still want 2 guys this cycle and I'm all for 3 if that were to happen. I don't think it will.

Many of our better prospects- Roc, JRob, Pettway, Barrett, AMart- gave us only partial or less production. We might've gotten a little lucky with Pettway, even with how he flamed out, and with Whitlow, as well. The transfer market might get more active going forward. Gus might want insurance for his run-first offense. Conjecture on my part, of course, and I suppose you could say that about most positions. 

I'm not sure I'd put Pettway or Barrett on that list of "our better prospects" based on expectations that seemed pretty common when those two were signed. I'm with you on Worm. He looks like a lot more than a change of pace back. 

I'm for signing two this year. We brought in three last year. One already left. I think any year you bring in three, you're creating a situation where one will almost certainly transfer. Plus, it's likely to be bitter. Give me two studs. Williams, MAR, and Griffin all fit the bill. I think we'll have the first two.

22 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm not sure I'd put Pettway or Barrett on that list of "our better prospects" based on expectations that seemed pretty common when those two were signed. I'm with you on Worm. He looks like a lot more than a change of pace back. 

I'm for signing two this year. We brought in three last year. One already left. I think any year you bring in three, you're creating a situation where one will almost certainly transfer. Plus, it's likely to be bitter. Give me two studs. Williams, MAR, and Griffin all fit the bill. I think we'll have the first two.

Pettway wasn't a better prospect as a signee, but then he gave us a strong season and became a key piece of the offense. And then he got injured again and then he flamed out. And people were *very* high on Barrett coming in. #11 RB in his class, #168 recruit overall. We were definitely looking at him as an every down guy. Interestingly enough, he and Alaric Williams were the 2 RBs for the 2017 class, and I didn't even mention Williams before.

And yeah, you're looking at a transfer with 3, but you're also increasing your chances of 2 of them working out. As for bitterness, that's probably not coming from the guys who produce and get the reps. But that's all hypothetical from me. I don't see us taking 3 and I'll also be beyond content to get one of those guys to go with Williams. Best I will have felt since 2015. 

Oh, the three we brought in last year: the one who left is the only one who was thought of in the same way we're talking about these three guys, and there's certainly no reason to assume that both of the others are going to be every-down type guys for us. 

Visited UGA this weekend out of the blue.  Don't be surprised if they land MAR in the end.  HUGE loss on many fronts if they get MAR with the talent already on campus.  I'm not in panic mode yet.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Visited UGA this weekend out of the blue.  Don't be surprised if they land MAR in the end.  HUGE loss on many fronts if they get MAR with the talent already on campus.  I'm not in panic mode yet.

They won’t though 

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

If anything it just tells him that UGA views him as their last option.  I would rather go to a school that values me.  Same thing for D.J. Williams and how we won out.

17 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Plumlee is committed to GA, but MAR is not committed to us.  Not entirely the same. 

Yeah. I don’t get the comparison either.

We need depth at RB. They come after our top target. They need depth at QB. We come after their commit. We don’t NEED a QB; they don’t NEED a RB. But here we are. 

On 1/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, Mikey said:

AU needs to add one more legit TB per a AU coach. The way Bobbie runs the ball will take a toll on him by years end. Have to add more depth there. Got a good one in this class but need to add one more. Been saying for months that MAR is anywhere but AU it has seemed. Seems to be the case. Guess you know more than this coach.  

On 1/17/2019 at 9:47 AM, kd4au said:

Looks like Joiner is going to be a HB this spring. Won't be moving to TB. 

28 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Looks like Joiner is going to be a HB this spring. Won't be moving to TB. 

Sorry for the misinformation folks.

Archived